Transfer Rumours - Page 47 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

A few more misplaced 40 yard Hollywood passes against Alloa and Dumbarton and the press will be screaming for him to be in the Scotland squad....

You always mention Alloa when you're being disparaging about the Championship. Poor Alloa.

And with such a fine KFC in the corner of their ground too. :(

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You always mention Alloa when you're being disparaging about the Championship. Poor Alloa.

And with such a fine KFC in the corner of their ground too. :(

Used to be Cowden, but they imploded last season.... :(

Alloa have that honour now...

In the face of continued media interest, Hibernian Football Club can confirm that Scott Allan has today handed in a written transfer request.

This comes on the back of two unwelcome and uninvited approaches from Rangers FC regarding Scott, the first for £175,000 and the second for £225,000.

Hibernian FC has refused both bids because the Club has no wish to transfer a valuable player to strengthen a major rival in the battle to win the Championship and gain promotion to the Premiership.

Hibernians position has not changed. The player will not be sold to Rangers.

In the face of continued media interest, Hibernian Football Club can confirm that Scott Allan has today handed in a written transfer request.

This comes on the back of two unwelcome and uninvited approaches from Rangers FC regarding Scott, the first for £175,000 and the second for £225,000.

Hibernian FC has refused both bids because the Club has no wish to transfer a valuable player to strengthen a major rival in the battle to win the Championship and gain promotion to the Premiership.

Hibernians position has not changed. The player will not be sold to Rangers.

The player will not be sold to rangers, aye right

there has been a sting of bad press following this lad over the past few years.

He firstly left United under a cloud after he got too big for his boots. Then he hit that pedestrian while on loan at Pompey. Now he is throwing his toys out the pram over a possible sideways move to a fellow second tier club.

The lad would be better served getting his head down and staying out of the papers for a few years.

Shouldn't believe much (if anything at all) of what you read in the media, but he would appear to be a complete knob. Like some others have said, from what I've seen of him don't see what the fuss is about in terms of ability either, maybe I've just seen him on off days. To me it feels like Rangers are buying a name rather than player here, more McCoist than Warburton.

I've just remembered reading something when I was away about him having to pay millions in compensation to someone he knocked down. Didi I imagine that as I think I was pissed at the time! If it's right you can see why he's maybe keen to up his wages (assuming that's what will happen).

I've just remembered reading something when I was away about him having to pay millions in compensation to someone he knocked down. Didi I imagine that as I think I was pissed at the time! If it's right you can see why he's maybe keen to up his wages (assuming that's what will happen).

that's sort of right.

The man he knocked down now suffers from permanent physical and mental difficulties. The court awarded the man £6m in damages, a lump sum of £2m and approx £150k-£20kk p.a over the next 20 odd years. The full cost of this settlement was met by Allan's insurance company. The only direct cost Allan bears is increased insurance premiums.

Edited by tartandon

Just recalled that, too. £6 million payable in installments until 2027.

Would it be right to ask if he was pished at the time and this was a pay-off? I've never heard of pay-outs of this magnitude for being in a road accident.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/crime/hibs-star-scott-allan-agrees-5905715

Last line "The damages will be paid for by Allan's insurers."

Just recalled that, too. £6 million payable in installments until 2027.

Would it be right to ask if he was pished at the time and this was a pay-off? I've never heard of pay-outs of this magnitude for being in a road accident.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/crime/hibs-star-scott-allan-agrees-5905715

Last line "The damages will be paid for by Allan's insurers."

How often do insurance companies pay-out if a driver involved in an accident was drunk or speeding or driving recklessly?

there has been a sting of bad press following this lad over the past few years.

He firstly left United under a cloud after he got too big for his boots. Then he hit that pedestrian while on loan at Pompey. Now he is throwing his toys out the pram over a possible sideways move to a fellow second tier club.

The lad would be better served getting his head down and staying out of the papers for a few years.

Yep. He's seems like an arse who either thinks he's far greater than he is and/or wasting precious years potentially developing (whilst pissing off people along the way).

I remember when I worked at Tannadice. It was just before the wee runt shafted United. Being a rival fan that usually goes down well but the way he acted was a disgrace. It seems another few years on he seems to be even more of a James Hunt!

Well this thread has taken an interesting turn..

I suspect if Allan was pished and was subsequently found culpable of causing a RTA, he would have more to worry about than increased insurance premiums.

There are a few unsavoury tweets towards Allan tonight sadly.

McInnes already said Aberdeen aren't interested.

It'd be worth a few hundred grand, just to see the permarage from you lot.

We'd be able to power unlimited toasters on the seethe eminating from ibrox.

Well this thread has taken an interesting turn..

I suspect if Allan was pished and was subsequently found culpable of causing a RTA, he would have more to worry about than increased insurance premiums.

There are a few unsavoury tweets towards Allan tonight sadly.

There was no evidence that Allan was under the influence of alcohol or pharmaceuticals at the time of the tragic incident. He was never arrested by the police in relation to the incident.

Edited by tartandon

It'd be worth a few hundred grand, just to see the permarage from you lot.

We'd be able to power unlimited toasters on the seethe eminating from ibrox.

lol he'd never play for Aberdeen