Transfer Rumours - Page 48 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you's keep saying.

I don't know if you's are at the wind up or not but I'd say he's on par with Pawlett or Jack.

:lol:

You're my new favourite Hun, now that Tartan Teddy no longer posts.

Indeed

LoLz

There's some brilliant posts on twitter by deluded huns, who think that the Hobos should just roll over and sell their best player to their biggest challengers for the title, for peanuts, just because they're the rangers byraway

It makes no sense for Hibs to sell, unless it's for stupid money.

LoLz

There's some brilliant posts on twitter by deluded huns, who think that the Hobos should just roll over and sell their best player to their biggest challengers for the title, for peanuts, just because they're the rangers byraway

It makes no sense for Hibs to sell, unless it's for stupid money.

I don't think we should buy him I'm sure the are better bargains to be had down south.

In the face of continued media interest, Hibernian Football Club can confirm that Scott Allan has today handed in a written transfer request.

This comes on the back of two unwelcome and uninvited approaches from Rangers FC regarding Scott, the first for £175,000 and the second for £225,000.

Hibernian FC has refused both bids because the Club has no wish to transfer a valuable player to strengthen a major rival in the battle to win the Championship and gain promotion to the Premiership.

Hibernians position has not changed. The player will not be sold to Rangers.

very good statement by Hibs - now will they stick to it???

I don't think we should buy him I'm sure the are better bargains to be had down south.

I'm sure you're right. He doesn't sound like a very loyal player, and doesn't actually sound all that good (I've only seen him play about twice, so just going by what others say)

Good statement by Hibs, but they may have painted themselves into a corner.

No player, at any club, is 'not for sale'.

Now that Allan's made it clear he wants to leave, it's hard to believe that Hibs will hold onto an unhappy player (and sellable asset), simply to spite Rangers.

He'll be at Ibrox soon enough, and then Hibs will have to explain to their fans why they said 'no'...which actually meant 'not yet'.

Now that Allan's made it clear he wants to leave, it's hard to believe that Hibs will hold onto an unhappy player (and sellable asset), simply to spite Rangers.

He'll be at Ibrox soon enough, and then Hibs will have to explain to their fans why they said 'no'...which actually meant 'not yet'.

It an unfortunate characteristic of the modern game but one that the clubs contributed to so they need to shoulder some of the blame.

Was about to make the same point. Fair play to Hibs in standing firm but I'm not convinced they needed to make that statement.

Be interesting to see if they stick to it. For being a crap footballer (according to some) the laddie hadn't half ruffled a few feathers.

Good old Chris Graham, I'd forgotten about him.

@ChrisGraham76: I'm actually embarrassed for Hibs now. It's clear that bitterness and small mindedness is playing major role in their stance. Pathetic.

How dare Hibs say they won't sell one of their best players, who is under contract, to their biggest rival for less than they think he's worth

I reckon 10/1 for Stubbs to be the next Championship Managef to leave his position is a great bet. If Hibs do sell, given his comments to the media (Not. For. Sale. ) surely he'll fell undermined making his position untenable.

Good old Chris Graham, I'd forgotten about him.

@ChrisGraham76: I'm actually embarrassed for Hibs now. It's clear that bitterness and small mindedness is playing major role in their stance. Pathetic.

How dare Hibs say they won't sell one of their best players, who is under contract, to their biggest rival for less than they think he's worth

Chris Graham is a bigoted nonentity.

Complete and utter warmer.

A lot of vitriol for Allan on this thread. Hard to take a lot of it seriously when you have people describing going from hibs to rangers as a "sideway move".

Not like he is the first player to try to engineer a transfer. At least in this case it is a transfer to a team that he supports, just pumped his current team 6-2 and is a much bigger club.

Having said all that I don't think rangers need Scott Allan this season and should wait until January to sign him on a free for next season. That would make everyone happy too.

A lot of vitriol for Allan on this thread. Hard to take a lot of it seriously when you have people describing going from hibs to rangers as a "sideway move".

Not really much 'vitriol' on this thread - he's entitled to want a move, rangers are entitled to bid.

Hibs are perfectly entitled to say eff off.

It is a sideways move.

At least in this case it is a transfer to a team that he supports

Aye, I see the Record are reporting he's supported the club all his life.

Weird. He looks a lot older than 3 to me

(B'doom tish!)

and is a much bigger club.

WATP byraway

How often do insurance companies pay-out if a driver involved in an accident was drunk or speeding or driving recklessly?

No idea. Insurance isn't my game.

If Allan wasn't to blame i.e speeding, under the influence or driving recklessly, why the £6m payout?

After a wee bit of research, it appears sums such as that are paid out for just 'accidents'. Although the insurers' party are to blame.

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2012/02/23/cerys-in-line-for-5-million-payout-over-crash-injuries/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9688388/Girl-17-wins-record-23-million-payout-for-car-crash-injuries.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2817589/Victim-horrifying-head-car-crash-wins-4m-compensation-accident-left-ANGRY-work.html

http://www.bottonline.co.uk/guides/how-much-compensation-claim-for-car-accident#TABLE

How often do insurance companies pay-out if a driver involved in an accident was drunk or speeding or driving recklessly?

Every time. Under the Road Traffic Act they have to. If they issue a certificate which says if X driver, driving Y car has an accident, we pick up the tab for third party damage. If they were able to dodge their obligations because of external circumstances (drink, drugs etc), it's a slippery slope until they would start avoiding claims because of reckless, careless or dangerous driving. Then what? Speeding?

So, they have to pay these. Some insurers have clauses to avoid the Own Damage (ie damage to your own car) if you are convicted or drink driving.

Anyway, Hibs to sell Scott Allan to Newcastle United, who send him to Ibrox on a season long loan. You heard it here first, are welcome, and should try the veal.

Every time. Under the Road Traffic Act they have to. If they issue a certificate which says if X driver, driving Y car has an accident, we pick up the tab for third party damage. If they were able to dodge their obligations because of external circumstances (drink, drugs etc), it's a slippery slope until they would start avoiding claims because of reckless, careless or dangerous driving. Then what? Speeding?

So, they have to pay these. Some insurers have clauses to avoid the Own Damage (ie damage to your own car) if you are convicted or drink driving.

Anyway, Hibs to sell Scott Allan to Newcastle United, who send him to Ibrox on a season long loan. You heard it here first, are welcome, and should try the veal.

Thanks for the clarification but it looks like it wasn't needed as far as Allan goes

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/west-broms-scott-allan-in-accident-1415480

The article below gives more detail on the incident

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/new-police-plea-over-scott-289394

Edited by Larky Masher

Not like he is the first player to try to engineer a transfer. At least in this case it is a transfer to a team that he supports, just pumped his current team 6-2 and is a much bigger club.

Having said all that I don't think rangers need Scott Allan this season and should wait until January to sign him on a free for next season. That would make everyone happy too.

"A lot of vitriol for Allan on this thread" :blink:

"Hard to take a lot of it seriously when you have people describing going from hibs to rangers as a "sideway move"." :blink:

"and is a much bigger club" :blink:

"Having said all that I don't think rangers need Scott Allan this season" :blink:

"should wait until January to sign him on a free for next season" :blink:

"That would make everyone happy too" :blink:

Apart from that, you're bang on.