Polls - Page 45 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you put contituencies on an accumulator?

Bookies don't allow it. As effectively the likelihood (and therefore odds) of each constituency change based on the the results in other constituencies.

flipping hell, SNP 2/7 in Edinburgh South West (Balerno, Currie, Colinton). returned an MSP at last election but that is crazy. this is Darlings old seat.

The odds on some of the seats are crazy. Massively odds on in almost every seat.

libdems would know snp won't back the tories so could align with blue Ed

Aye that could be an interesting outcome. I suppose the Lib Dems most likely to lose their seats are the ones who have behaved most like Tories over the past 5 years. The more "liberal" Lib Dems (if they hold onto their seats) might be more inclined to side with Labour. If they can get SNP to agree to abstain on the confidence vote they could form a LIbLab coalition minority government. SNP agree to help them (or not) on a vote by vote basis.

Still think the Tories will win though.

flipping hell, SNP 2/7 in Edinburgh South West (Balerno, Currie, Colinton). returned an MSP at last election but that is crazy. this is Darlings old seat.

SNP have a QC going for this seat.

Labour have a city Councillor going for this to replace Darling.

Joanna Cherry QC (pictured right) has been selected by the SNP as their candidate for Edinburgh South West in the general election.

The seat been represented by a member of the Faculty of Advocates since 1974, with Malcolm Rifkind QC, Linda Clark QC and, currently, Alastair Darling, who is standing down at the election.

http://www.scottishlegal.com/2015/02/19/joanna-cherry-qc-chosen-snp-candidate-edinburgh-south-west/

A Labour/Lib Dem coalition is looking increasingly likely to me Their tactic will probably be to play chicken with the SNP at Westminster, daring them to vote the government down on any confidence votes. Threats of another General Election and Tories back in power card, memories of 1979 etc.

In Scotland I think the polls have created such high expectations for the SNP that almost anything might feel (however mistakenly when put in a proper context) like a let down. I think the Lib Dems may keep a few seats based on tactical, anti-SNP, pro-Union voting. Tribalism and Shy Labour voting will surely also see Labour hang on here and there. SNP with 40 seats maybe, be interesting to see what influence they can then have in a hung parliament.

Edited by Pool Q

A Labour/Lib Dem coalition is looking increasingly likely to me Their tactic will probably be to play chicken with the SNP at Westminster, daring them to vote the government down on any confidence votes. Threats of another General Election and Tories back in power card, memories of 1979 etched.

In Scotland I think the polls have created such high expectations for the SNP that almost anything might feel (however mistakenly when put in a proper context) like a let down. I think the Lib Dems may keep a few seats based on tactical, anti-SNP, pro-Union voting. Tribalism and Shy Labour voting will surely also see Labour hang on here and there. SNP with 40 seats maybe, be interesting to see what influence they can then have in a hung parliament.

Libs have already made their bed in that situation. They backed the tories because they had the most seats. This will be the case again.

Libs have already made their bed in that situation. They backed the tories because they had the most seats. This will be the case again.

I think that depends who is in charge, and that in turn depends on who wins and loses their seats. The Lib Dem leadership could be very different after this election.

ITN poll there has Labour as the largest party!

Combined with their predicted 55 SNP seats it would make a comfortable majority...

Would be interesting. How many Lab seats did it predict?

Labour are very much currently playing the card that the SNP can't dare to vote against them. I'm sorry - but if you are unwilling to make any concessions to what would be the 3rd largest party who have been democratically voted to represent a huge portion of a country, then I don't see how you are respecting the views of Scotland.

ITN poll fascinating. Labour 288, Tories 279 , Lib Dems 15 , SNP 55. Well if Labour have a coalition with Lib Dems and ignore SNP , this would leave SNP having to vote down Labour & Lib Dem coalition if they are ignored. Fascinating - that's almost a perfect result - just 4 more seats for SNP then I'll be perfectly happy.

ITN poll fascinating. Labour 288, Tories 279 , Lib Dems 15 , SNP 55. Well if Labour have a coalition with Lib Dems and ignore SNP , this would leave SNP having to vote down Labour & Lib Dem coalition if they are ignored. Fascinating - that's almost a perfect result - just 4 more seats for SNP then I'll be perfectly happy.

SNP can't afford to vote down labour IMO. They would abstain I reckon.

They would have to let them govern then vote against them where they disagree. They actually agree on a fair bit, with the exception of spending and trident (which would go through anyway with Tory support).