Polls - Page 43 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

im still nervous

Nervous too, but I like to read between the lines locally. Labour haven't had a town centre stall this whole campaign - they usually have one every Saturday in the last month. Also, the social media shows the same 8 or 9 Labour canvassers (mostly family and friends of the candidate, plus a couple of councillors), much less than is usual. These two things suggest to me that they know they're f****d.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Labour's postal votes in England really are down then 7/1 on a Tory majority might be a good bet

Following my "insider info" fail at the #indyref, I'm reluctant to believe this one.

But we're hearing that Labour's canvassing (such as it is) in Paisley and Renfrewshire North has SNP +4%

Following my "insider info" fail at the #indyref, I'm reluctant to believe this one.

But we're hearing that Labour's canvassing (such as it is) in Paisley and Renfrewshire North has SNP +4%

Fingers crossed.

Don't suppose you read Euan McColm's article this weekend? He's an ersehole on twitter, but some of his articles are ok. He's obviously a Labour supporter, and anti SNP, but he was saying that he has pals in the Labour party who have pretty much given up on this election. I'll see if I can find it..

edit: here it is

Edited by Maq

Personally I'd like a candidate to show a bit of self respect and not sook the arse of Conservatives.

In the last two elections in this constituency the SNP finished in fourth place with less than 10% of the vote, whereas the Tories finished in second place in both elections.

The only way the SNP can win this seat is by convincing people who have voted for other parties in prior elections to vote SNP in this one. The SNP could choose to focus on Labour and LibDem voters, but in a seat where the Tories have won around 30% of the vote in the last two elections that would be a foolish strategy.

The sensible thing for the SNP to do in a seat like East Ren is to reach out to voters from all sides in the hope that enough of them change their mind. This compares with Labour - all they need to do is reach out to their existing voter base and convince enough them to vote for Labour once again. Surely that can't be that hard, after all they won 50% of the vote in 2010!

Starting to get a bad feeling about thursday, hopefully thats all it is and we get above 30 seats

if we get just over 30 seats, and are therfore the biggest party in Scotland, it is a huge turnaround from the last GE and should be celebrated as a great victory. It will be portrayed as a victory for Labour/Tories depending on which unionist paper you are reading.

Yep. 30 still the target for me. Would represent a Scottish majority. Anything less will now be a pretty disappointing performance. More than 30 though and it'll be a fantastic job, well done.

If it's more than 40, it's an outstanding effort and questions will rightly be asked of Murphy and Scottish Labour. More than 50 and Murphy will have to step down as leader IMO, along with the A-Team squad of McTernan and McDougall.

Cairry out being purchased tomorrow with Thursday's all-nighter being the first step to me recovering from September 18th.

Got 2 days left to turn folk off labour , then polling duty .

cargo in but won't start drammin till 1am , so I'll see results come in !

old guy the day telt me snp are doin away with his bus pass ?

this is shocking stuff labour are using ,and it seems to be their usual target strategy,

fekkin arseholewinders

Fingers crossed.

Don't suppose you read Euan McColm's article this weekend? He's an ersehole on twitter, but some of his articles are ok. He's obviously a Labour supporter, and anti SNP, but he was saying that he has pals in the Labour party who have pretty much given up on this election. I'll see if I can find it..

edit: here it is

Hadn't read it. Thanks for the link. They appear to have given up the ghost.