Sean Maloney - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sean Maloney

Barney Rubble

Maloney's a late bloomer: he was always a promising player at the same time as Faddy and Fletch were, but he couldnae do it for Scotland.

Before he left for Aston Villa, he won player of the year under Strachan and scored about 15/16 goals from midfield for Celtic.

He's always had the ability but never had the belief until he went to Wigan.

He got double figures for Wigan last year and I think he really believes in himself now.

It's great to see - in some ways it's better to see than a "wonderkid" coming through.

Best goal I've seen from a Scotland player in ages

I've said it for (too many) years that Maloney is one of the most talented players Scotland have and I can only speculate as to how far in the game he'd have gone if he didn't get umpteen bad injuries.

In the same bracket as McFadden. Luckily, for us, Maloney still has the chance to become a Scotland legend (like Faddy).

That performance tonight, and the last few as well, have gone a long way to getting him there.

Not sure how Snodgrass is going to get back in the starting lineup. Maloney, Naismith and Anya are undroppable at the minute.

In fact, all 5 midfielders were excellent tonight!

You know the funny thing is, when Snoddy got that terrible injury I was really worried that we'd struggle getting forward without him in the team !

Never for a second did I see this great form coming from Maloney.

Still would be great to have Snoddy back for the return match in Dublin. :ok:

Very hard for Dorrans, Bryson, Jack, Armstrong, Cairney and McDonald to get into this midfield at the moment.

You know the funny thing is, when Snoddy got that terrible injury I was really worried that we'd struggle getting forward without him in the team !

Never for a second did I see this great form coming from Maloney.

Still would be great to have Snoddy back for the return match in Dublin. :ok:

Very hard for Dorrans, Bryson, Jack, Armstrong, Cairney and McDonald to get into this midfield at the moment.

It's actually frightening how many great players can't get in the squad, never mind the team.

A lot of us thought Bannan, Dorrans or even Morrison would deputise on the right.

So glad Strachan is the one making the decisions!

has he not scored 3 in 3 ??

No as his effort against Georgia is credited as an own goal but he's had a direct influence in those three goals technically speaking.

He's been tremendous for us lately and typifies the difference of the Strachan effect by allowing our attacking players to be attack minded, the previous managers would've told Maloney and others to act as second full backs/defensive midfielders. Amazing goal.