King Charles - Diagnosed with cancer - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

King Charles - Diagnosed with cancer

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

Didn't read your post as insensitive in the slightest.  More about the news coverage which had folk rabbiting on about something while not having any details at all - just wall to wall obsequious reverence.  It goes without saying that Charles will get the best treatment available; would that everyone else could too.  I have no time for the royals but I don't think anyone would wish this on any of them.

Fair enough. 👍

Aye, the media coverage has been predictably OTT. My favourite was Sky News last night showing live camera footage of Buckingham Palace, apparently followed this morning by live camera footage of...Buckingham Palace. The only difference being one was in the dark, the other in daylight!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Would just add that it is possibly the fear of the paparazzi looking to get photos of them when they are unwell but that can easily be avoided

I’m surprised the Daily Mail hasn’t photoshopped together a picture of Megan drinking champagne yet

4 hours ago, StirlingEgg said:

That's a good point re the usual victim blamers. It's weirdly fascinating to observe the attempts to 'modernise' the monarchy by trying to suggest they are just like us. William & Harry on the wellness/mental health bandwagon and now this re a Cancer diagnosis. I thought this had all been done with Jade Goody...Yes the King is a human being just like the rest of us with family dysfunction, health worries etc but their lives are not remotely relatable.

Cove still a bit of a drive on from Helensburgh - those minibus/ambulances are quite a rickety rattly trip! 

Yes, it’s not most pleasant journey when in a lot of pain . When healthy, people probably don’t give a lot of consideration to the distance to their nearest hospital, but it’s an important factor especially if you have an ongoing illness. But he has a lot of trust and respect for the consultant he has being seeing for many years now and at least feels he is in good hands when he gets there. 

4 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

A thread about a Royal Family member being ill on a Scotland football forum. What could possibly go wrong 😀

Dont worry , the ‘keep it civil’ tag is sure to keep things respectful…

1 hour ago, N4Footsoldier said:

A thread about a Royal Family member being ill on a Scotland football forum. What could possibly go wrong 😀

Not sure why folk in here feel the need to cap up "Royal Family". Even newspaper style guides don't do that. In-built deference? Is the TAMB unusually royalist in outlook?

21 hours ago, Toepoke said:

A while back it was, this guy gets a lot of credit for changing the mindset...

"In 1962 he had presented a documentary on the links between heavy tobacco smoking and lung cancer. Dimbleby decided to admit he was ill with cancer, which, at the time, was a taboo disease to mention. It was helpful in building public consciousness of the disease and investing more resources in finding a cure. The Richard Dimbleby Cancer Fund was founded in his memory."

Must have been difficult to undo the damage and perception from all the tobacco promotion up to that point. 

image.thumb.png.a72fa00fab9a0d66dd211a0f25eca444.png

On 2/6/2024 at 4:47 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

See as he likes punting on others folks misery, wonder if Sunak has had a punt on how long he'll last?

Sunak should put a punt on how long he lasts himself 😜

From today's BBC website:

Cancer waiting times for 2023 in England were the worst on record, a BBC News analysis has revealed.

Only 64.1% of patients started treatment within 62 days of cancer being suspected, meaning nearly 100,000 waited longer than they should for life-saving care.

The waits have worsened every year for the past 11. Macmillan Cancer Support chief executive Gemma Peters called the figures "shocking".

Had a medical start of last year, did a blood test for various things, blood sugar, cholesterol, etc. Nurse asked me if I wanted my prostate checked, I thought she meant the finger up the jacksie but they do it by blood test now. Supposedly it’s more accurate. 

I asked if she would stick her finger up my arse anyway, but she wasn’t having it.

On 2/8/2024 at 7:01 PM, The Black Bra said:

Had a medical start of last year, did a blood test for various things, blood sugar, cholesterol, etc. Nurse asked me if I wanted my prostate checked, I thought she meant the finger up the jacksie but they do it by blood test now. Supposedly it’s more accurate. 

I asked if she would stick her finger up my arse anyway, but she wasn’t having it.

Think that's how he damaged his prostate in the first place, shoving those big sausages in there

I would never wish cancer on anyone. In saying that, if and when he dies, will be no sweat of ma nuts. Never liked the arrogant English prick anyway.... Alba Gu Brath 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

If and when he dies, or gives up the throne, the Royalists will get their ultimate fantasy. William and Kate on the throne and all their cute kids. They’re officially the cutest kids who have ever lived. Kate is the most beautiful women ever. She also cares more than any human has ever cared before.

The whole thing will be insufferable.

“Together we’ll be beat cancer”

Together we won’t

They constantly tell us that obesity is the second biggest cause of cancer in the UK but they encourage everyone to go into work and pay a few quid for cakes, sweeties, biscuits and pizza etc. A bigger a scam as your never likely to see

Theres no profit in a healthy population

On 2/8/2024 at 1:01 PM, The Black Bra said:

not that i really recall  - but i think in US they do quick check on prostrate with finger

Although in US under medical plan most people get a Colonoscopy at age 50 where they stick a camera up your colon after knocking you out - i had that done last year - i think in UK they only do that by exception - anyways - was nothing going on with me 

18 hours ago, euan2020 said:

not that i really recall  - but i think in US they do quick check on prostrate with finger

Although in US under medical plan most people get a Colonoscopy at age 50 where they stick a camera up your colon after knocking you out - i had that done last year - i think in UK they only do that by exception - anyways - was nothing going on with me 

From what they told me, the finger used to be the standard thing but the blood test they do now is more accurate. If they do the finger test, it might feel OK but you could still have cancer.

18 hours ago, euan2020 said:

One of my mates had a camera up his knob recently, sounded horrific. He says he actually shouted ‘fuckin hell’ as they were doing it.