Georgia V Scotland - Match Thread - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Georgia V Scotland - Match Thread

Caledonian Craig

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'll take it. A win would've been good but the job is done. 

Shankland getting a goal, mctom scoring again and ferguson getting game time the positives.

Spot on.

We went there with several key players out and got a draw where, in the past, full strength Scotland sides have gone there and lost.

Only been getting brief clips on l'équipe and couldn't find a stream. I was quite surprised he put on Shankland so late as I didn't think he'd have time to make much of an impact but I was wrong.

As far as I'm concerned, all the spots up front should be up for grabs. Adams hasn't had a good game in ages and Dykes isn't a natural striker.

Decent result. 

Georgia were the better team for the first hour, then we totally dominated (for the second hour 😉😂). McGregor was great in that 2nd half.

We just couldn't get going in that first half. The ball just seemed to bounce off our players. Not sure what happened to our ball control there? It's been so much better recently.

Shankland has to be an option up front.

McLean showed why he is in the squad. I think he has sealed his place in the squad for Germany.

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

Decent result. 

Georgia were the better team for the first hour, then we totally dominated (for the second hour 😉😂). McGregor was great in that 2nd half.

We just couldn't get going in that first half. The ball just seemed to bounce off our players. Not sure what happened to our ball control there? It's been so much better recently.

Shankland has to be an option up front.

McLean showed why he is in the squad. I think he has sealed his place in the squad for Germany.

Amazing really, we have Robertson, Tierney and Hickey but end up praising Kenny McLean for playing left back. Taylor did not have a good night. 

Some of our ‘depth’ would appear to be a myth based on that. Wouldn’t want to be too hard on any of them though as we kept at it and deserved the point in the end. I thought we got sucked into their nonsense at times but the officials were weak. The challenge on McTominay should have been VAR’d and upgraded to a red!

1 minute ago, slasher said:

Some of our ‘depth’ would appear to be a myth based on that. Wouldn’t want to be too hard on any of them though as we kept at it and deserved the point in the end. I thought we got sucked into their nonsense at times but the officials were weak. The challenge on McTominay should have been VAR’d and upgraded to a red!

Agree with all of this.

4 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Amazing really, we have Robertson, Tierney and Hickey but end up praising Kenny McLean for playing left back. Taylor did not have a good night. 

His pass in the lead up to the goal was excellent but, aye, apart from that..........

Two games in a row McLean has been our best player. He gives good balance on the left and is a good all rounder.

Patterson was great going forward, and I’ve no fears about him especially with three at the back.He was at fault for second goal but that can be coached out of him. 

Shankland should start on Sunday. A bit like Griffiths,  he’s done the hard work and now has a physique suitable for top level football.  

45 minutes ago, BryanBlessed said:

We need to start preparing for at least one of Hickey/Robertson/Tierney being out of the Euros. Probably Tierney. If we go to the Euros without all three, we're out in the group stage.

The chances of all 3 being injured in 7 months time are very low. We are cursed if that happens. 

Tierney has twiglets for legs so I wouldn’t be surprised if he missed out but the other 2 should be fine. 

Agree that Shankland should start on Sunday. I'd have had him on sooner today as Dykes was off it from the start. 

Not the result I was hoping for. It would have been nice to get this monkey off our back, especially when other teams of our level all seem to be able to grind out results in Tblisi. Anyway, que sera sera.