Scotland v Georgia - Match day thread - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Georgia - Match day thread

Tartan blood

2 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

They looked terrible. Second to every ball and unable to create any decent chances. 

Also has gunn had to make a proper save yet. Feels like hes barely been tested so far in his scotland career.

Apparently he's only made seven saves, with only two of those efforts coming from inside the box. That's a huge credit to our defence which is a complete world away from what we had four or five years ago.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

They looked terrible. Second to every ball and unable to create any decent chances. 

Also has gunn had to make a proper save yet. Feels like hes barely been tested so far in his scotland career.

Didn't have much to do but as I was passing the pub on the way to Queen Street I had time to watch a couple of minutes on the TV and he seemed to make a good save towards the end. He's done well the last few games and that must help the whole defence. 

I didn't see any of the second half other than that.

1 minute ago, Clyde1998 said:

Four games; four wins. Only one conceded and that was from a penalty.

Beat Cyprus in September and that could be us qualified. The England, Spain and France matches will be a good indication of how far we could reasonably get at the Euros (if we don't fuck this up). If we keep performing as we are, we could really do something special in Germany.

This team has to be the strongest we've had for decades - perhaps since the early 90s? With the quality of some of the younger players, there's no reason we can't sustain this either.

I think this could be the first scotland team to get out of the group stages. 

3 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Apparently he's only made seven saves, with only two of those efforts coming from inside the box. That's a huge credit to our defence which is a complete world away from what we had four or five years ago.

Defensively we are a unit right now. Nothing much gets past this defence. Took a dodgy pen for us to concede.

1 hour ago, romanticscot said:

During the anthems, did anyone else a guy squeeze his girls/sisters(?) Boobie with his arm over her shoulder? It was hilarious. 

Yup and it’s being plastered all over WhatsApp that it’s not his bird and he’s been belted from his lassies dad, who he has a child with (the lassie, not the dad) 😂

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

Yup and it’s being plastered all over WhatsApp that it’s not his bird and he’s been belted from his lassies dad, who he has a child with (the lassie, not the dad) 😂

Thats terrible, Titty grabs should be done when the anthem is over. Some cunts have no respect.

Brilliant stuff. 

A 90 odd minute delay, but any type of win tonight was what we needed. 

Can't help but love McTominay. 

Sorely tempted now but let's see. Have a feeling Georgia will beat Spain too in Tbilisi in September for some reason;) 

I thought 7pts would be a good start ; 10 would be amazing! 12 well that's Dreamland stuff.

so happy for the nation, the players, fans and the manager. Now let's not feck this up! Could potentially just need 3pts; but let's take one game at a time and not get ahead of ourselves. 

Beautiful 

Just now, weekevie04 said:

Brilliant stuff. 

A 90 odd minute delay, but any type of win tonight was what we needed. 

Can't help but love McTominay. 

Sorely tempted now but let's see. Have a feeling Georgia will beat Spain too in Tbilisi in September for some reason;) 

I thought 7pts would be a good start ; 10 would be amazing! 12 well that's Dreamland stuff.

so happy for the nation, the players, fans and the manager. Now let's not feck this up! Could potentially just need 3pts; but let's take one game at a time and not get ahead of ourselves. 

Beautiful 

The georgia that turned up tonight are not beating spain. I doubt they beat norway either. They were brutally bad tonight.

Dominant performance from the Scots tonight for 80 mins under difficult circumstances.

12 from 12 is better than anyone could have asked for and only one conceded is the type of miserly defending one can only dream of.

McTominay, McGregor, Tierney, McGinn all outstanding tonight.

That boy with the tit grab on the random female will struggle to live that down the rest of his days. What a wee fanny.

11 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Dominant performance from the Scots tonight for 80 mins under difficult circumstances.

12 from 12 is better than anyone could have asked for and only one conceded is the type of miserly defending one can only dream of.

That boy with the tit grab on the random female will struggle to live that down the rest of his days. What a wee fanny.

Genuinely can’t believe we have 12 points out of 12.

Most of us would have been very happy with 7 at this stage. 

6 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

With all the cameras around these days an innocent wee tit grab can turn into lifelong shame and embarrassment.

Lucky for me my tit grabs havent been caught on camera. Only tits i grab are my own and my boyfriends.

24 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Lol the way he does it without even looking over is the work of a pro. The bird doesnt even mind it either. 

This man is my hero. 

The TA Board is a forum which is read by females and young people.

Your trivialisation of this unsavoury incident is absolutely unacceptable.

Well done to most of the volunteers who worked hard to get the pitch in a state so the rest of us could enjoy the game.  The guy with the leaf blower needed to be subbed.

Hampden needs more rollers, the brooms helped but I was really worried about the state of the pitch.  Isn't there more modern ways of solving this situation? 

3 hours ago, romanticscot said:

Well done to most of the volunteers who worked hard to get the pitch in a state so the rest of us could enjoy the game.  The guy with the leaf blower needed to be subbed.

Hampden needs more rollers, the brooms helped but I was really worried about the state of the pitch.  Isn't there more modern ways of solving this situation? 

Well said, all credit to the volunteers.

Not qualified yet but lets enjoy the moment.  Brilliant stuff so far. i have followed Scotland all my life.  This is the best bonded team I have seen.  They all work so hard for each other.  Roll on Cyprus.

2 minutes ago, SamP said:

Not qualified yet but lets enjoy the moment.  Brilliant stuff so far. i have followed Scotland all my life.  This is the best bonded team I have seen.  They all work so hard for each other.  Roll on Cyprus.

Just checked the table.  Even our goal difference looks insurmountable.