The Referree / Var thread.. - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Referree / Var thread..

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

A wee bit rich seeing as you've repeatedly said you think the whole of Scottish football is set up to disadvantage Celtic!

Not at all. It's just comical you lot moaning about a who is the official for Saturday... Enough said.. Enjoy the match FB..

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Not at all. It's just comical you lot moaning about a who is the official for Saturday... Enough said.. Enjoy the match FB..

It's comical when someone who moans about refs all the time has a go about other people moaning about refs!  I'd say you're full of shit but for once we know that's not the case! 😉

How do we know any of that is correct? The article states the last league meeting of Celtic and Rangers ended in a 2-2 draw at Hampden. Aye, mistakes are easy to make when writing, but that should never have slipped through the editing net. Not gonna go back and fact check all the other statements in the piece though. 

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Very soft foul if at all...

The "worst" VAR decision he's seen?! 😄 It's soft, yeah, but he pushes the defender. It's a foul. The ref gives a foul, there's no way that's getting overturned.

Just now, duncan II said:

The "worst" VAR decision he's seen?! 😄 It's soft, yeah, but he pushes the defender. It's a foul. The ref gives a foul, there's no way that's getting overturned.

I quoted wrong person, sorry. Was in response to hyperbole from the ranty Rangers fan.

4 hours ago, duncan II said:

This is what confused me watching the game today.

When was the memo sent that says you can put your hands on defenders/attackers and pull their jerseys when going for a dead ball?? If you do that it midfield in open play IT'S A FOUL because THAT'S THE RULE. Unless I'm mistaken that same rule applies in the penalty area - there is no dispensation for dead ball starts.

Listening to Walker, McCoist, Boyd et al today was cringeworthy. Morelos and Johnson were all over each other and both were contrary to the rules of the game as they stand. So, the goal wasn't valid, but it could equally as well have been a penalty.

Mind you, it was probably worth it for Boyd's seethe at half time. You can take take Kris out of Tarbolton.................

C’mon.

there’s always been bias in football, conscious or not . But, football has always been fixed. VAR just highlights it. 
tottenham we’re not allowed to lose today. 
apologies sometimes come after judgement, too fukin late. 
It’s no coincidence that tech has enhanced sports like rugby and tennis in decision making yet in Britain in football  has created more contention . 

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

One of the worst VAR calls yet, the game's gone if that's a foul.

Surely get rescinded but that would take them admitting the var guy in his wee cabin got it terribly wrong. I can understand the ref getting it wrong but surely the var guy shouldn’t 🤯

Just now, RDFH64 said:

Surely get rescinded but that would take them admitting the var guy in his wee cabin got it terribly wrong. I can understand the ref getting it wrong but surely the var guy shouldn’t 🤯

Forgot who we’re playing next week, maybe that’s the reason for the non existent foul & red card.

7 hours ago, slasher said:

A wee reminder that it’s just Celtic fans being paranoid and VAR is a great thing 👍

Nothing to do with paranoia mate. VAR should be a great thing. The problem in Scotland is the people running the game. They are not fit to work the tools at their disposal.

I'd say the offside decision looks worse than the red card