The Referree / Var thread.. - Page 13 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Referree / Var thread..

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Maybe it's a test to see if anybody reads it? 😂 Well done, you get a gold star. 👍 😂 You'll be getting accused of being chripper soon. 😉

He’s not still about is he? 😂

3 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

BREAKING: Aberdeen’s appeal over the red card shown to Graeme Shinnie has been dismissed.

He’ll now serve a four match ban, three as a result of the sending off & one extra for submitting an appeal that is deemed unlikely to succeed 

Pardon my french but absolutely fucking wrong but nae surprised by the appeal result. There’s no point having a ref on the pitch now when the prick in the wee padded cell is making all the big decisions 🤯

14 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

BREAKING: Aberdeen’s appeal over the red card shown to Graeme Shinnie has been dismissed.

He’ll now serve a four match ban, three as a result of the sending off & one extra for submitting an appeal that is deemed unlikely to succeed 

Absolute fucking disgrace. I am lost for words.. It's corrupt beyond words.. Diabolical. Fuckin scum bastards.....

Sensible decision.  Clubs have always know the risks of appealing bans so nothing new there despite the hysterics.  We need to start supporting our governing body instead of greeting about every decison.  Every ex ref I have heard this week has agreed that the red card was the correct decision.  Making up stories like 'it is aw aboot helping the Huns' is both laughable and infantile.

17 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

The ban seems harsh. I imagine the recent red compounded the ban and the perceived spurious nature of the appeal. Therw is precedence for it. Morelos certainly got an additional ban added for a non sensical appeal. 

Apparently Precedence isn't used

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

The ban seems harsh. I imagine the recent red compounded the ban and the perceived spurious nature of the appeal. Therw is precedence for it. Morelos certainly got an additional ban added for a non sensical appeal. 

Morelos also had red cards wrongly rescinded on appeal I.e. after his battles with McKenna.

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Finally grown a set and called out the association, demanding a new panel. 

Would appear so

I'd like to see more of it, and not just AFC, specifically pushing for the individuals making such decisions to explain themselves

Shouldn't be overly difficult if there's nothing to hide

6 minutes ago, Redz said:

Would appear so

I'd like to see more of it, and not just AFC, specifically pushing for the individuals making such decisions to explain themselves

Shouldn't be overly difficult if there's nothing to hide

If all 10 clubs stood together, then change could be demanded, or just walk away and start a Scottish super league. 

13 hours ago, EddardStark said:

And quite right too. That would have been a sending off back in the 70s never mind in modern powder puff footballing days. Hard to understand how they thought appealing that was a good idea.

Good to see an ex ref break ranks today. Steve convoy reckons it wasn't a sending off and the appeal decision wasa disgrace 

My opinion is its a 50 50 tackle with both players going for it, shinnie wins the 50 50 challenge.

The sfa showed today it is not fit for purpose. Giving a player an extra game ban is laughable