The Referree / Var thread.. - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Referree / Var thread..


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Cannot believe the Vassell red wasn't rescinded. Referees' union circling the wagons methinks.

Ive only seen it once so genuine question.

Do you think it was either out of control or endangering an opponent?

As I said, ive only seen it once, was his foot not head height whilst the opponents head was in the same rough space?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Ive only seen it once so genuine question.

Do you think it was either out of control or endangering an opponent?

As I said, ive only seen it once, was his foot not head height whilst the opponents head was in the same rough space?

Vassell raised his foot to control the ball and the Hibs player moved in to challenge for it.

That decision basically gives players the opportunity to get someone sent off by diving into their raised boot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Vassell raised his foot to control the ball and the Hibs player moved in to challenge for it.

That decision basically gives players the opportunity to get someone sent off by diving into their raised boot

Would need to see it again and cant find on you tube.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SamP said:

Refs getting to grips with VAR now. Just watched Sportscene and the Rangers pen was a pen and pundits agreed. See if VAR is used in RA Cellic game today.

Pretty sure they said it was soft.

From IFAB...

"A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the players body movement for that specific situation."

Going by that a running player being struck by the ball on the upper arm should not be getting penalised.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Pretty sure they said it was soft.

From IFAB...

"A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the players body movement for that specific situation."

Going by that a running player being struck by the ball on the upper arm should not be getting penalised.

Teams have been getting soft decisions and hard decisions against and for them for over 100 years in every country. Only one set of supporter/s analysing every decision now as a hobby. I don't see fans of any other 'team' greetin like weans when a decision goes against them and shout 'see,see, told you so'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SamP said:

Teams have been getting soft decisions and hard decisions against and for them for over 100 years in every country. Only one set of supporter/s analysing every decision now as a hobby. I don't see fans of any other 'team' greetin like weans when a decision goes against them and shout 'see,see, told you so'.

I think you'll find I'm an aggrieved Kilmarnock fan, scunnered with some of the VAR calls that have gone against us, versus the Old Firm in particular.

I had hoped the system would help eliminate errors by incompetent referees but it appears to have multiplied them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

I think you'll find I'm an aggrieved Kilmarnock fan, scunnered with some of the VAR calls that have gone against us, versus the Old Firm in particular.

I had hoped the system would help eliminate errors by incompetent referees but it appears to have multiplied them

It certainly looked a soft penalty against Killie. But you could argue all day if was. Down to the refs to make that call. Fitba fans will always disagree with a refs decision. VAR or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No penalty today for the Halliday challenge on Johnstone from the same baldy prick (Collum) on var today who awarded the sheepworriers exactly the same pen at Todders not so long ago.

Why are the clubs and by proxy us continuing to pay exorbitant money for incompetent or biased twats to operate sophisticated technology?


Refereeing reform before another fuckin penny is spent on var imo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

The line shown for the Motherwell VAR check doesnt look straight and he looks clearly off to me. And Im not convinced Sakala wasnt offside for our 3rd. Our officials are truly abysmal.

Because they don't agree with you that makes them abysmal. Ok.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...