Season 22/23 - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

10 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Why was that not a red card for the Hibs boy? No attempt to go for the ball 🤷🏼‍♂️

Only thing I can suggest is that Collum didn’t think that he’d get the ball, so no goal scoring opportunity but it’s still a foul and penalty.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Fkin ridiculous penalty decision.  Weird how Willie The Hawk Collum missed Tavernier all over the Hibs guy in the box earlier when he was looking right at it. Fck knows why the other teams even bother.

There’s a big difference in an incident like the one with Colak and the one from the corner.  The Colak one is obvious to everyone, the other is a bit more difficult to pick up in real time. 

I think that VAR more than likely picks it up though and awards the penalty.

6 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Hibs boy on the wing was borderline for offside. Var would’ve been good there. 

I was thinking the same thing.  So far I think that they’ve evened themselves out.  VAR would’ve awarded a penalty for Hibs from the tug by Tavernier and would’ve disallowed that goal. 

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Rangers really should bite off the hand of any half decent offer they get for him. 

To be fair his discipline has been significantly better the last couple of seasons. For me he’s still worth keeping and is one of the best players in our squad. 

14 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

It took Andy Walker four replays to realise he was sent off for throwing the arm out rather than the wee flick of his foot. 

I couldn't see what he was talking about with the "wee flick".  He had 2 goes at the guy with his elbow FFS.  The guy is a fkin liability knowing his team were already down to 10.  A stone overweight as well.  Looks like he's in the huff cos he's no longer first pick.

As for the first red, a sin bin would be a good idea for challenges like that.  Correct decision as things stand though.

7 minutes ago, daviebee said:

I couldn't see what he was talking about with the "wee flick".  He had 2 goes at the guy with his elbow FFS.  The guy is a fkin liability knowing his team were already down to 10.  A stone overweight as well.  Looks like he's in the huff cos he's no longer first pick.

As for the first red, a sin bin would be a good idea for challenges like that.  Correct decision as things stand though.

The first red was absolutely not the correct decision and if it is Doyle Hayes goes off in the first half 2. It’s a yellow every day of the week. 

44 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

That’s never a red card in a million years. Doyle Hayes was booked for an almost identical challenge in the first half! Horrific officiating, again, from Collum. 

The challenges are not identical. Watch them again 

9 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

The first red was absolutely not the correct decision and if it is Doyle Hayes goes off in the first half 2. It’s a yellow every day of the week. 

Maybe one of these where a red is a bit harsh but a yellow's not enough.  One thing's for sure - if VAR was in operation now they'd likely still be playing!

2 hours ago, daviebee said:

Maybe one of these where a red is a bit harsh but a yellow's not enough.  One thing's for sure - if VAR was in operation now they'd likely still be playing!

Collum should be no where near a top flight game for a long long time.