Season 22/23 - Page 30 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 10/10/2022 at 7:50 AM, Fairbairn said:

2 minutes from where I live and I used to have a flat that over looks where it happened. I can’t figure out how he would have been able to build up enough speed to have such a serious accident. 

Aye, it seems a strange one. i drink out there a fair bit (Thornwood Bar) and when i heard the location i was suprised. 

Tragic. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, it seems a strange one. i drink out there a fair bit (Thornwood Bar) and when i heard the location i was suprised. 

Tragic. 

We must have crossed paths, I'm in there fairly regularly (I was a regular before it got all gentrified! 😄) and used to live pretty much directly above it.

When I was driving by yesterday I noticed loads of flowers in the middle of the roundabout and one of the big trees has been pretty much halved so it looks like that's where it's actually happened which makes it even stranger in terms of being able to build up enough speed for that kind of impact.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

We must have crossed paths, I'm in there fairly regularly (I was a regular before it got all gentrified! 😄) and used to live pretty much directly above it.

When I was driving by yesterday I noticed loads of flowers in the middle of the roundabout and one of the big trees has been pretty much halved so it looks like that's where it's actually happened which makes it even stranger in terms of being able to build up enough speed for that kind of impact.

I've not actually be in for a couple of months but in a fair bit. Usually more so in the summer when there's no football on as most Saturday's im at Killie games during the season.

Know Marc, as he part owns the Admiral too and i'm a regular in the Admiral so during lockdown when the Admiral was closed, i switched to the Thornwood a fair bit for my Mac and Cheese fix as it's the same menu almost! 

On 10/10/2022 at 8:50 AM, Fairbairn said:

2 minutes from where I live and I used to have a flat that over looks where it happened. I can’t figure out how he would have been able to build up enough speed to have such a serious accident. 

Coming off the expressway maybe carrying too much speed...

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Coming off the expressway maybe carrying too much speed...

It looks like he's hit a tree in the middle of the roundabout coming the other direction which seems practically impossible.  Your suggestion does seem the most logical so is probably the case.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

How the fuck are aberdeen 4th with a game in hand🤣

How the fuck are Hibs 3rd? 😀

Just goes to show the cliff edge between 1&2 and 3-to-whatever.

Third in the SPL is waaaaay closer to last in the SPL than first and second is to third in the SPL.

Got a pm from a member who knows RH.  Seemingly he is laughing out loud!  I was called something last week on here.  Normally I take name calling in my stride.  It just shows a lack of education.  If the previous mods were here that guy would have been banned in an instant.  But hey ho. Lack of education indeed.

53 minutes ago, SamP said:

Got a pm from a member who knows RH.  Seemingly he is laughing out loud!  I was called something last week on here.  Normally I take name calling in my stride.  It just shows a lack of education.  If the previous mods were here that guy would have been banned in an instant.  But hey ho. Lack of education indeed.

Just out of interest,  how would you know what the former Mods would have done if you’ve only been a member here for 10 months.

Edited by Jersey Jim