Season 22/23 - Page 34 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/25/2022 at 7:48 PM, fringo said:

Totally agree.

I think he's better (or as good as) than many of the managers who seem to get rotated around top jobs in England and Europe.

Very underrated and seems a genuine good guy, think he’d  jump at the chance to manage a potential champions league team. That opportunity won’t come for him down south 

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

Didn’t see it last night, was it that bad? 

Same old same old.  In fairness it wasn't as bad as Liverpool at home but then not much could be.  He needs a big result and more importantly performance against Aberdeen on Saturday but he'll do well to turn around (The) people's opinions from here.

Shaping up as some season in the Championship again, just 3 points between the top 6! It would be some story if Queens Park came up but personally I’d prefer to see Ayr or Morton come up. Invoking memories of Archie MacPherson/Arthur Montford commentary and grainy footage of the likes of Andy Ritchie putting Aberdeen to the sword or the late Johnny Doyle scoring at Somerset. Ayrshire/Renfrewshire derbies in the top flight would be a great addition.

Anyway, anybody watching at this level regularly got a handle on who might come out on top?

19B4A5E7-6681-4D59-B150-E1C2C2610A87.png

Edited by slasher

3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Same old same old.  In fairness it wasn't as bad as Liverpool at home but then not much could be.  He needs a big result and more importantly performance against Aberdeen on Saturday but he'll do well to turn around (The) people's opinions from here.

I’m pretty sure yous will win on Saturday but if not the rumblings of discontent will become a crescendo for sure.

On 10/27/2022 at 12:50 PM, slasher said:

Shaping up as some season in the Championship again, just 3 points between the top 6! It would be some story if Queens Park came up but personally I’d prefer to see Ayr or Morton come up. Invoking memories of Archie MacPherson/Arthur Montford commentary and grainy footage of the likes of Andy Ritchie putting Aberdeen to the sword or the late Johnny Doyle scoring at Somerset. Ayrshire/Renfrewshire derbies in the top flight would be a great addition.

Anyway, anybody watching at this level regularly got a handle on who might come out on top?

19B4A5E7-6681-4D59-B150-E1C2C2610A87.png

Brilliant league yet again this season. Four teams joint top on points now, 5th place a point behind.

15 minutes ago, Redz said:

Happy to go up first.....

Could / Should have been 6 or 7

Strange game.  We turned up unexpectedly and played really well. Dons just never seemed to have the fight, but some good last ditch defending did stop an embarrassment.  VAR isn't quick enough though.  The pen and 2 offsides took nearly 6 minutes.  

11 minutes ago, Debian said:

Strange game.  We turned up unexpectedly and played really well. Dons just never seemed to have the fight, but some good last ditch defending did stop an embarrassment.  VAR isn't quick enough though.  The pen and 2 offsides took nearly 6 minutes.  

Not sure it was / Rangers strolled that

Personally, I'm not overly fussy about how long VAR takes as long as its the correct decision

23 minutes ago, Redz said:

Not sure it was / Rangers strolled that

Personally, I'm not overly fussy about how long VAR takes as long as its the correct decision

Var got the three decisions correct today and is more of a positive.  As the officials get a bit more used to using it hopefully it will get a bit quicker.  But as long as correct decisions are made that is a good thing imo.  Aberdeen were poor though and looked a bit frightened.

Did the sheep really have a ‘Kill All Huns’ banner at Ibrox today? If so that’s a bit much. They were pondlife at Celtic Park earlier this season but I didn’t mention it on here as you just get the usual whataboutery back about IRA songs or whatever 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by slasher

Yes the Dons 'fans' did have that banner.  Be interesting what the Dons fans on here have to say as they are forever going on about the OF fans being scum.  I don't expect a comment about that though.  Hopefully Aberdeen will get fined as do the OF clubs when shameful banners go up.

15 minutes ago, slasher said:

Did the sheep really have a ‘Kill All Huns’ banner at Ibrox today? If so that’s a bit much. They were pondlife at Celtic Park earlier this season but I didn’t mention it on here as you just get the usual whataboutery back about IRA songs or whatever 🤷🏼‍♂️

'We' did, you know that

Absolutely embarrassing and uncalled for

There's no 'whataboutery'

Over to you?

12 minutes ago, SamP said:

Dons fans on here are forever going on about the OF fans being scum. 

I don't expect a comment about that though.  

That's just not true, no matter how often you or your like say it

Looks like you were wrong, again

5 minutes ago, Redz said:

'We' did, you know that

Absolutely embarrassing and uncalled for

There's no 'whataboutery'

Over to you?

I didn’t know that, that’s why I asked. I saw a photo on Twitter which means fuck all these days unless someone can verify it.

Didnt think the Ranger VAR handball decision was correct and will only add flames to the idea of bias following the Celtic one last week.

The Dons player basically kicks it up onto his own arm which moves the ball up as its part of the swinging action. Literally none of the criteria for handball were met. Diatance, non deliberate, arms in natural position.

2 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Didnt think the Ranger VAR handball decision was correct and will only add flames to the idea of bias following the Celtic one last week.

The Dons player basically kicks it up onto his own arm which moves the ball up as its part of the swinging action. Literally none of the criteria for handball were met. Diatance, non deliberate, arms in natural position.

It was arm to ball unfortunately. After the ball struck his leg the arm went up and it caught him.  Not deliberate but still a pen by the rules of the law.  So therefore a stonewaller.  My Dons pals agree.

23 minutes ago, SamP said:

It was arm to ball unfortunately. After the ball struck his leg the arm went up and it caught him.  Not deliberate but still a pen by the rules of the law.  So therefore a stonewaller.  My Dons pals agree.

Is the test not whether it was intentional and whether the arm was in a natural positon?

My understanding is that even if its arm to ball then its still not a pen if its natural and not intentional. 

Imo, same as the Hearts one last week, if we start giving these as pens then it goes against the idea of handball which should either be deliberate or the action leading to the conmection being deliberate, ie making yourself bigger.

4 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Is the test not whether it was intentional and whether the arm was in a natural positon?

My understanding is that even if its arm to ball then its still not a pen if its natural and not intentional. 

Imo, same as the Hearts one last week, if we start giving these as pens then it goes against the idea of handball which should either be deliberate or the action leading to the conmection being deliberate, ie making yourself bigger.

I think it was a pen - His hand was like a fukin windmill

Last week Forrest aimed for the Jambos hand / arm

*Just an opinion based on neither irony or shite

52 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

I haven’t seen it yet so can’t comment but another obvious  difference is the VAR officials decision to ask the ref to review it.