Season 22/23 - Page 35 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

42 minutes ago, Redz said:

You were wrong about 'expecting a comment'

That's not an opinion

I actually wasn't talking about you so you are correct on one hand.  The other Dons Dynamic Duo?  I was correct aboot that!!!  Football is the best game in the world imo.  And all about opinions.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, SamP said:

I actually wasn't talking about you so you are correct on one hand.  The other Dons Dynamic Duo?  I was correct aboot that!!!  Football is the best game in the world imo.  And all about opinions.

You said 'Dons Fans'

45 minutes ago, slasher said:

I haven’t seen it yet so can’t comment but another obvious  difference is the VAR officials decision to ask the ref to review it.

I think that only tends to happen when VAR thinks a mistakes been made so wouldnt read into that at all. 

Otherwise the ref would be going over to the monitor several times per game.

1 hour ago, Redz said:

I think it was a pen - His hand was like a fukin windmill

Last week Forrest aimed for the Jambos hand / arm

*Just an opinion based on neither irony or shite

You could always just admit you were ott with the whole ‘kick off date conspiracy’ thing. We’ve all done that on here 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by slasher

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

I think that only tends to happen when VAR thinks a mistakes been made so wouldnt read into that at all. 

Otherwise the ref would be going over to the monitor several times per game.

That’s kind of my point. The ref as the final arbiter gets the blame but really with all the tools at his/her disposal a VAR official has or shouldn’t have any hiding place.

12 hours ago, Redz said:

Happy to go up first.....

Could / Should have been 6 or 7

That's was probably the least interested I've been in an Aberdeen v Rangers game. The outcome was inevitable despite the Scottish media and rangers fans convincing themselves rangers are in sort of crisis. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

That's was probably the least interested I've been in an Aberdeen v Rangers game. The outcome was inevitable despite the Scottish media and rangers fans convincing themselves rangers are in sort of crisis. 

Do you really think so? Admittedly our domestic home form  is pretty incredible in recent seasons but Livingston showed how to play at Ibrox against a Rangers team low on confidence.

I think Aberdeen had a massive chance to get something against a team with a growing injury list. 

7 hours ago, slasher said:

Just seen Tony Watts red card, ffs! 🙈

A prime example of how VAR doesn’t work well. The video refs actually looking for a still to send him off. The ref should have used common sense and stuck with his original opinion. Maybe a yellow but even would have been harsh. 

18 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Do you really think so? Admittedly our domestic home form  is pretty incredible in recent seasons but Livingston showed how to play at Ibrox against a Rangers team low on confidence.

I think Aberdeen had a massive chance to get something against a team with a growing injury list. 

I just said so didn't I? 

Rangers are 1 point behind celtic in the league and already in the sem final of one of the three major trophies.

They're taking a spanking in Europe which is not surprising considering the CL is in a universe of its own, its beyond the level of rangers and celtic.

Against Livingtson Rangers had 80% possession and 24 attempts on goal compared to livingstons 5 attempts on goal, on any other day Livingston get their arse handed to them. 

Rangers are not in crisis, they've had a minor set back domestically. So many Aberdeen and rangers fans bought into this nonsense that rangers were there for the taking, rangers returning to form some how makes it a bottle job for aberdeen 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by vanderark14

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Agreed - I watched it with almost no emotion, even when we scored 

All things considered I think we've reached a point where interviews are postponed on the run up to Celtic & Rangers games - We never ever learn.....

11 hours ago, slasher said:

You could always just admit you were ott with the whole ‘kick off date conspiracy’ thing. We’ve all done that on here 🤷🏼‍♂️

No thanks - Accusations of doubling down, irony, talking shite, and not being taken seriously don't make any difference to how I see it either

Right now, we have a situation where our opponents have the venue in their home city, their own end, and their own dressing room, yet that's not enough - The stadium has already been allocated meaning there can be no 50/50 split (I'm not saying we would sell 50%, just that we should be given the chance to), and the days chosen inconvenience the Aberdeen support only

Remembering too that this is not the first time, and should we progress and play Celtic (This won't apply if it's a Killie Dons Final) in the final, you can bet that the Celtic fans will be screaming but but but they only took 10,000 to the semi, why should they get the chance to sell 50% - Completely airbrushing the obvious obstacles faced

Common sense dictates that the semi dates should have been reversed - TV still gets both fixtures, it's still the same policing costs, Rangers and Celtic still get the lion's share of the tickets, whilst still maximising the numbers from both Kilmarnock & Aberdeen

Sadly, it's a perpetual cycle for every team though, Celtic / Rangers apart, that needs lanced - Which is why I am in favour of Cormack telling them to ram their semi-final, as a one off, thus shining a light on this prehistoric ritual

We don't agree, that's fair enough - Others might, others won't - Ultimately there is something very wrong though 👍

Feel free to reply, however I'm done with defending my opinion in terms of this

1 hour ago, Redz said:

No thanks - Accusations of doubling down, irony, talking shite, and not being taken seriously don't make any difference to how I see it either

Right now, we have a situation where our opponents have the venue in their home city, their own end, and their own dressing room, yet that's not enough - The stadium has already been allocated meaning there can be no 50/50 split (I'm not saying we would sell 50%, just that we should be given the chance to), and the days chosen inconvenience the Aberdeen support only

Remembering too that this is not the first time, and should we progress and play Celtic (This won't apply if it's a Killie Dons Final) in the final, you can bet that the Celtic fans will be screaming but but but they only took 10,000 to the semi, why should they get the chance to sell 50% - Completely airbrushing the obvious obstacles faced

Common sense dictates that the semi dates should have been reversed - TV still gets both fixtures, it's still the same policing costs, Rangers and Celtic still get the lion's share of the tickets, whilst still maximising the numbers from both Kilmarnock & Aberdeen

Sadly, it's a perpetual cycle for every team though, Celtic / Rangers apart, that needs lanced - Which is why I am in favour of Cormack telling them to ram their semi-final, as a one off, thus shining a light on this prehistoric ritual

We don't agree, that's fair enough - Others might, others won't - Ultimately there is something very wrong though 👍

Feel free to reply, however I'm done with defending my opinion in terms of this

You’ve conflated quite a few things there that have been discussed in here ad nauseum but I’ll try to answer them all.

Motherwell have shown how to handle the ticket allocation issue sensibly over the last few years. Just sell section by section till you reach saturation point then return unsold tickets. Others such as the Hibby cunts have not, which lead to legitimate gripes from fans who go every week but then are faced with empty seats when they can’t get a ticket, that’s surely unfair however much you hate us?I don’t know anyone who has an issue 50/50 splits for a cup final just distribute them properly.

I’ve said before I don’t care which stand I’m in and the whole thing about dressing rooms is beyond me. However if clubs are so concerned by the optics of it they should press the matter. I’m not aware of that ever happening but in any case it doesn’t give any advantage on the pitch as far as I’m concerned.

Listen no one ever wants the Sunday game in these instances, that’s just fans wanting to play as close to 3pm on a Saturday as possible. However if you think Celtic/Rangers fans aren’t as inconvenienced by some of these decisions you are mistaken. Consider the thousands who travel from the Highlands and Islands, Ireland and England. There are buses from London, Essex and Coventry at every Celtic game home and away , 3am starts, missed boats and overnight stays are not uncommon. I guess it just depends how committed you are.

Your main contention appeared to be that the authorities had conspired to restrict the numbers of Aberdeen fans coming down for the game and I still think that’s fantasist nonsense but obviously we’re not going to agree. Now I’m off to watch (probably) 90 minutes of torture at the Spaghettihad!

15 minutes ago, Redz said:

The glue on the 'Show racism the red card' stickers needs to be stronger in order to keep them in place

Can I suggest the variant @slasherhas been sniffing 🙄😂😘

I wouldn’t mind a ‘wee something’ to get me through this 2nd half 🤔

3 hours ago, Redz said:

Agreed - I watched it with almost no emotion, even when we scored 

All things considered I think we've reached a point where interviews are postponed on the run up to Celtic & Rangers games - We never ever learn.....

I'm not convinced by a few of the signings aberdeen made, especially the captain. Its amazing how many times he just watches the ball in his own box. Richardson is beyond hopeless, he was maybe signed from Nottingham Forest but he was playing English conference football last season, he's never good enough. 

Not that any of it matters because the SPFL Premiership is a joke league now, sorry I mean it's a bigger joke than it was before. It's honestly fascinating to see soany people continue to go week in week out, especially those outwith the old firm. There's literally next to nothing to play for unless your in a relation dog fight 

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Are there any other leagues in the world where the home team would give up almost all of their own ground to the away team supporr?

Considering Livi have about 100 fans it makes financial sense to cash in on the green pound.  If you were chairman what would you do?

Just now, SamP said:

Considering Livi have about 100 fans it makes financial sense to cash in on the green pound.  If you were chairman what would you do?

I didn't ask for the reasons why livi do it. I'm well aware of the why.