Season 22/23 - Page 26 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 minute ago, slasher said:

I think he actually said that he was good at conning referees. Incredible that he gets 6 games for that and Lafferty gets nothing for calling someone a fenian bastard!

The SFA are a complete joke as a governing body!

Even Lennon never got a ban for this length of time and I he must have been up in front of the panel more times than he was in th dugout 🤣

Robbie Nielson last year accused Lewis Ferguson of "blatant cheating" no ban given 🤣🤣

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, slasher said:

I think he actually said that he was good at conning referees. Incredible that he gets 6 games for that and Lafferty gets nothing for calling someone a fenian bastard!

With this precedent set, Lafferty has to be looking at least double that 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Yep. Priorities all wrong.

Apparently there’s a hearing over Lafferty in a couple of weeks. I didn’t know that when I posted. Why are they so slow though, what the fuck are they doing that it takes a month to deal with things like this 🤷🏼‍♂️

13 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Robbie Nielson last year accused Lewis Ferguson of "blatant cheating" no ban given 🤣🤣

Nielson was correct tho it was a blatant dive, Goodwin tried to use Porto to deflect from his teams pathetic performance. Only one person trying to win the ball in that tussle and it wasn’t the Aberdeen player  

45 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Nielson was correct tho it was a blatant dive, Goodwin tried to use Porto to deflect from his teams pathetic performance. Only one person trying to win the ball in that tussle and it wasn’t the Aberdeen player  

Pathetic performance? They were 1-0 up away from home and lost 2 goals when down to 10 men 😂😂

Out of interest, why was Scales top halfway up his back and Porteous have him arm wrapped around his neck?

Maybe because they were both at it, so no one should be punished because you can’t give a free kick and a penalty 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by dandydunn

16 hours ago, slasher said:

Lafferty is yet to get his suspension.  The hearing has yet to be held - he'll get at least that. 

Which i'm all for but i wish they would clamp down on it elsewhere in Scottish football. Seems it's okay for fans to sing about Fenian this and orange that but never anything done about it. 

to Scotland's shame, UEFA have taken a harder line on bigotry within Scottish football than the SFA have,

Edited by Squirrelhumper

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Lafferty is yet to get his suspension.  The hearing has yet to be held - he'll get at least that. 

Which i'm all for but i wish they would clamp down on it elsewhere in Scottish football. Seems it's okay for fans to sing about Fenian this and orange that but never anything done about it. 

to Scotland's shame, UEFA have taken a harder line on bigotry within Scottish football than the SFA have,

I agree.  But what would you do if you were Rangers or Celtic Board?  Both of them have warned fans time after time.  Celtic have been fined more times than any other club in Europe for their fans behaviour and IRA flags and slogans than any other club in the past ten years.  Of course the Oracle will say that is just freedom of speech.  Not according to UEFA.  If you are reading this Oracle, you posted that a Rangers fan had urinated on a statue in Liverpool.  Did you make that up again or have any hard (pardon the pun) that it happened?  No mention anywhere I have seen.

37 minutes ago, SamP said:

I agree.  But what would you do if you were Rangers or Celtic Board?  Both of them have warned fans time after time.  Celtic have been fined more times than any other club in Europe for their fans behaviour and IRA flags and slogans than any other club in the past ten years.  Of course the Oracle will say that is just freedom of speech.  Not according to UEFA.  If you are reading this Oracle, you posted that a Rangers fan had urinated on a statue in Liverpool.  Did you make that up again or have any hard (pardon the pun) that it happened?  No mention anywhere I have seen.

I wouldn't pander to them like both Celtic and Rangers boards have for years - both boards know that without the bigotry/politics, then Celtic and Rangers would just ben another Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen. 

How many times have the SFA fined Celtic or Rangers for bigotry?

Only reason that Celtic are ahead of Rangers in fines (if that's even true) is the fact Rangers weren;t in Eruope for a good few years. 

Warning fans does absolutely fuck all, they don't care about warnings. If the clubs were serious about it, they would be doing more than warnings. I think Celtic closed the standing section a few times. Only time i can think of similar at Ibrox is when UEFA have closed down sections for bigotry/racism.

Shame the SFA don't have the balls to do so.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I wouldn't pander to them like both Celtic and Rangers boards have for years - both boards know that without the bigotry/politics, then Celtic and Rangers would just ben another Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen. 

Only reason that Celtic are ahead of Rangers in fines (if that's even true) is the fact Rangers weren;t in Eruope for a good few years. 

Warning fans does absolutely fuck all, they don't care about warnings. If the clubs were serious about it, they would be doing more than warnings. I think Celtic closed the standing section a few times. Only time i can think of similar at Ibrox is when UEFA have closed down sections for bigotry/racism.

They both need bigotry to keep the rivalry alive and simply can’t live without each other. 

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Again I agree SH.  I just don't know what I would do if I were on these boards.  Rangers and Celtic have been bigoted for over 100 years and that ain't gonna change in our lifetimes.  It is hard to ignore I agree but what can we do about it?  

10 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Pathetic performance? They were 1-0 up away from home and lost 2 goals when down to 10 men 😂😂

Out of interest, why was Scales top halfway up his back and Porteous have him arm wrapped around his neck?

Maybe because they were both at it, so no one should be punished because you can’t give a free kick and a penalty 🤷🏼‍♂️

It's pointless trying to have a conversation with Dan cake. 

Had it been a hearts player instead of porteous he'd be frothing at the mouth

Every fan should be looking at this ban and be on the same side. There is no justifying the ban Goodwin got

7 hours ago, SamP said:

Get your facts straight you fuckin rat.. I said, that I read that a Muriel of Klopp was vandalized with  paint, and "if" it was true, is a disgrace. Stop trying to make a name for yourself RH, nobody cares..   Glenlivet Forever !!!

22 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Get your facts straight you fuckin rat.. I said, that I read that a Muriel of Klopp was vandalized with  paint, and "if" it was true, is a disgrace. Stop trying to make a name for yourself RH, nobody cares..   Glenlivet Forever !!!

proof of your fact?  Notice I don't call people names ?

Goodwins ban is a joke. You cant go around blatantly calling another teams player a cheat on TV but its got to be right at the low end of indiscretions. Ok, part of his ban is related to previous misconduct but a 2 game ban would have been more than enough.

They really have made a rod for their own back with Lafferty situation now. If he gets anything less than 10 games it sends out the totally wrong message and unfortunetly what is inevitable is fans of the OF now trying to find / illicit similar behaviour and then the stage is set. On one hand it might be the best thing to happen to west coast of Scotland if several OF players started getting 10 game bans.

SFA could then grow a pair and start handing out fines ,partial and full stadium closures for the sectarian songs sung at every single OF game.