Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 228 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

19 hours ago, Kirk said:

thats a fucking cool name

Yeh I linked it to Ukraine, it just seemed the right fit for this time😉

Google finds as a Scottish Edinburgh based film director with that surname, directed episodes of Taggart & Shameless amongst others.  Good chance it's the boys dad or uncle.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Yeh I linked it to Ukraine, it just seemed the right fit for this time😉

Google finds as a Scottish Edinburgh based film director with that surname, directed episodes of Taggart & Shameless amongst others.  Good chance it's the boys dad or uncle.

aye cant imagine there is many about

12 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Another decent performance by Hendry in Belgium, playing on the right hand side in a back four.

Bang go's my "he only looks good because he's got the easy job in a back 5" theory.

Good stuff. He was arguably our best player in the last round of games. 

A back 5 of Robertson, Tierney, McKenna, Hendry and Patterson is very strong. But I'd happily put Hendry in a back 4 depending on who is available.

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Lol I doubt the spanish defence will worry too much about a championship level striker who cant control a ball. 

Sort of rules out Lyndon Dykes and Jacob Brown then.At least McBurnie is scoring regularly.Or does that not matter because it's McBurnie. 

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Sort of rules out Lyndon Dykes and Jacob Brown then.At least McBurnie is scoring regularly.Or does that not matter because it's McBurnie. 

Certainly seems that way.  The amount of anti-McBurnieness on here is verging on the ridiculous, give the guy a fuckin break ffs!  If he'd bottled his penalty in the shoot out we would still be waiting on a tournament now.

Edited by todd

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Lol yes spain will not worry about dykes or brown. I dont even think they will be worried about che adams. Lets be honest our striking options are a relatively poor compared to other areas of the squad. Spain should be looking to beat a side like us quite easily.

Also mcburnie has played terrible for scotland so i doubt we should be looking to him for hope. At least dykes has done well for us. 

Saying that i think mcburnie can get back in the squad if he keeps his form up but that just shows how poor our squad is regarding strikers.

5 hours ago, todd said:

Certainly seems that way.  The amount of anti-McBurnieness on here is verging on the ridiculous, give the guy a fuckin break ffs!  If he'd bottled his penalty in the shoot out we would still be waiting on a tournament now.

The guy has been given a break well over 20 times for Scotland. He is a striker chosen to score goals which he has not done. Players should be called-up who have either proven they know where the net is for Scotland or who merit a look who have not had a chance. McBurnie falls into neither category despite playing against lesser international opponents. He is an international failure - that should not be worthy of yet another chance.

7 hours ago, todd said:

All to do with where he was born unfortunately 

2 hours ago, dan cake said:

All to do with where he was born unfortunately 

As a Scotland fan born in West Yorkshire (like McBurnie) I can say I’m not a fan of him to be honest. Used to be a big advocate of him when he was scoring a lot for Swansea but he’s just shown nothing whenever he’s played for Scotland (penalty shoutout aside). Add in his off the field nonsense and he should be low down the pecking order in my eyes. 
I wouldn’t be against him getting called up but only if injuries dictate so. Currently I’d have Adams, Dykes, Nisbet, Shankland and Stewart ahead of him. I’d have even said Conway too but he seems to have had a dip in form of late