Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 254 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

11 minutes ago, broraboy said:

Excuse my ignorance, I’ve had a look for the extent McTominay’s injury? 
Unable to find out through various searches 

Is he still injured or now totally out of favour ?? 

I think I read earlier he's still injured.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

Off after 75mins, but any reports on how wee billy played?

Played very well. Kept the ball moving, had some moments that caught the eye.

Work still to do with positional sense sometimes though. Tends to pass on a man without his teammate being there yet. 

Overall id be surprised if he hasnt impressed the manager again.

Is he unsettled?

he’ll be pissed off not playing, but sometimes you have to bide your time……. maybe it’s now turning and he’s impressed the manager in a number of ways. 
still think it’s a good club for him to be at and become the main man in midfield.

Edited by ger intae them

22 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

Is he unsettled?

he’ll be pissed off not playing, but sometimes you have to bide your time……. maybe it’s now turning and he’s impressed the manager in a number of ways. 
still think it’s a good club for him to be at and become the main man in midfield.

Well reports suggest he is unhappy at the lack of first team football so being unhappy surely creates an unsettled feeling.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

Great to see gilmour getting another start. The manager must be starting to see his qualities. Next season at brighton could be good for him.

I actually think that mcallister and caicedo staying at brighton might be better for gilmour as brighton will do better with those guys staying and gilmour playing alongside them would help his career. 

If gilmour plays every week in a struggling brighton team then he might become a scapegoat regardless of his performances. 

44 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Gilmour v man u.

Nice bit of skill at 1.37. 

I was at the game and Gilmour was impressive. He was always shouting and pointing and very much looked the part. He asks a lot of his teammates with the speed of his lay offs and strong weight of pass. He would have been so comfortable in the classic Barcelona team of a few years ago. 

3 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

I was at the game and Gilmour was impressive. He was always shouting and pointing and very much looked the part. He asks a lot of his teammates with the speed of his lay offs and strong weight of pass. He would have been so comfortable in the classic Barcelona team of a few years ago. 

He's a good player, particularly for some one of his age playing that type of role.

46 minutes ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

Liam Morrison appears to be on the bench for Bayern today!

This is probably the most exciting news of the day.  They seem to have a few injuries & theres a 17 year old German kid on the bench also but still Bayern are a premium level club so if one of our youngsters is deemed good enough to on their bench I think we are entitled to get a little excited about it.

Hickey was playing in a different role today. Starting position was right back but when Brentford had the ball he was further forward and more central. On set pieces he took up position on edge of box or left wing.

Not sure if it was specific for Liverpool but he looked so comfortable. Would be good to see him work on attacking play as he has all the attributes.

4 hours ago, theabsentee said:

This is probably the most exciting news of the day.  They seem to have a few injuries & theres a 17 year old German kid on the bench also but still Bayern are a premium level club so if one of our youngsters is deemed good enough to on their bench I think we are entitled to get a little excited about it.

To be perfectly frank, I saw him play for the u21s and I thought he was shite - like ‘may not even make it as a professional’ level of shite. It just goes to show that Scot Gemmill could probably ruin peak Messi as clearly any player benching for Bayern Munich (regardless of injury worries) will not be shite.

10 hours ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

To be perfectly frank, I saw him play for the u21s and I thought he was shite - like ‘may not even make it as a professional’ level of shite. It just goes to show that Scot Gemmill could probably ruin peak Messi as clearly any player benching for Bayern Munich (regardless of injury worries) will not be shite.

He was indeed poor in the recent u21 games. I hope it was the Gemmill effect, because he looked fantastic at u19 level. 

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Liam Morrison would get nowhere near the Bayern Munich substitutes bench if he did not have a fair bit of talent.

Just checked Fotmob. He was indeed on the bench yesterday. He is only 20. Sais he has only played with the Bayern setup, and Scotland under 19s and 17s. He must have talent. Just what we need, another defender....😉🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

7 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Aberdeen’s Angus Macdonald touting himself for a Scotland call up. He’s been a big part of their resurgence and we do have loads of injuries in defence. Maybe worth a call up. 

Hes already 30. Not sure it would be best for us to be turning to a guy whos that age and played most his career at league1 and 2 level.

Also we already have an angus in the team. If he was called hamish or donald then i could see the point.

Edited by mccaughey85

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

Hes already 30. Not sure it would be best for us to be turning to a guy whos that age and played most his career at league1 and 2 level.

I’m just thinking the fact that Hanley and McKenna are definitely out of the next qualifiers it could be an option.