Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 388 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

34 minutes ago, 86glebestreet said:

Taylor is rotten, I wish he would concentrate on trying to be a decent left back instead of thinking he is a central midfielder .

And that role is definitely not what he’d be asked to do for Scotland. 

Doig fits our system and is 5 years younger. 

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Goal for shankland

Is that him officially on 30 goals? (Including his Scotland goal)

17 year old Lennon Miller bizarrely captaining Motherwell today. Must have done alright considering they won 5-1.

2 hours ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

McGregor was quality and Forrest looks sharp (but possibly not up to 90mins). 

Thought Taylor was really poor, and incredibly lucky to be in Celtic’s starting 11 and in our squad. I’m hoping Doig might get selected instead. 

Ralston looked clumsy when he came on. He’d also be very lucky to be in the squad. Maybe Max Johnston can get a couple of starts for Sturm Graz to give himself an opportunity. 

Behave. Needs must.

Barring unforeseen circumstances Ralston's the first choice right back for the group games. Patterson and Hickey are donald ducked due to long term injury. Get behind the lad.

2 hours ago, GilmourFan said:

Gilmour did OK. He isn't injured.

2 matches to go.

(As for Livramento. He's OK. Hickey's far better than him. I wouldn't say that he's better than Patterson)

He is way ahead of Patterson currently though it's pretty irrelevant as he is almost certainly not our player. 

You are quite knew here so maybe you aren't aware that Livramento & others eligibility has been discussed & argued about enough times . Think most posters are pretty tired of it so would appreciate if you don't post about him & Anderson unless there's some rumours they may switch to us from a legitimate source.

Wonder if Clarke will try to do something clever to get Gilmour, McGregor, Christie, McGinn and McTominay in the same starting 11. 

We’d probably need to play a 4321 formation, shifting Tierney to centre back in a 2. Could possibly move Hendry to right back to give us extra height and to remove the need for Ralston or McCrorie. 

could me making it too complicated though…

11 minutes ago, GilmourFan said:

Way ahead? Why do people think that? Have they actually watched Livramento or are they going from word of mouth.

Livramento has 12 starts this season. 0 assists and 1 goal.

Patterson has 9 starts. 2 assists and 0 goals.

Patterson has contributed to more goals this season from less starts.

Gotcha. 😉

Not specifically a comment on those two players but in the use of stats. None of these tell us about their qualities as defenders.

3 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Behave. Needs must.

Barring unforeseen circumstances Ralston's the first choice right back for the group games. Patterson and Hickey are donald ducked due to long term injury. Get behind the lad.

I think I’m in denial. Hopefully he can pull off some SOD Euros performances. 

2 hours ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Wonder if Clarke will try to do something clever to get Gilmour, McGregor, Christie, McGinn and McTominay in the same starting 11. 

We’d probably need to play a 4321 formation, shifting Tierney to centre back in a 2. Could possibly move Hendry to right back to give us extra height and to remove the need for Ralston or McCrorie. 

could me making it too complicated though…

Christie to RWB? 

4 hours ago, GilmourFan said:

Good point:

Patterson has 2 clean sheets. More tackles. More dribbles. Less errors leading to shots. 

Sofascore rating: 6.66 

Livramento has more interceptions. Won more possessions. More balls recovered. 

Sofascore rating: 6.81 

For anyone to say that Livramento is "way ahead" of Patterson is ridiculous. Maybe it's the condition of valuing what you don't have higher than what you do have.

It's also easier for Livramento as he's playing for a better team.

Screenshot_20240511_205617_Sofascore.jpg

Screenshot_20240511_205532_Sofascore.jpg

Wtf, why on earth have you bothered posting this when Livramento isn't even a Scotland player? 

If you really need to do this then compare him to Hickey as they are more similar style players, both are technically great & can play numerous positions .   I don't watch as much football these days but I read & value fans opinions especially when there's lots of them praising a player & even though Livramento didn't play great today he has been excellent in most games he has played this season. We can't say the same about Nathan , I really like him but unfortunately he isn't that great technically & can only really play on the right & has had a pretty poor season. 

I dont follow stats are they can be very misleading.  

Significant scottish involvement in today's English playoffs. 

Cooper, Hanley, Gunn and McLean in the first semi, Adams, Stewart and Fraser on the other. Armstrong is injured

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Significant scottish involvement in today's English playoffs. 

Cooper, Hanley, Gunn and McLean in the first semi, Adams, Stewart and Fraser on the other. Armstrong is injured

Only really Gunn & McLean that are playing. Hanley & Cooper may come on if required for an injury or to protect a lead late on if we do get a goal in this game.

Adams you’d expect to start the other semi final. Hope Stewart gets a good amount of minutes.

EDIT: Adams not in the squad.

Edited by DesiScotsman

22 hours ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

McGregor was quality and Forrest looks sharp (but possibly not up to 90mins). 

Thought Taylor was really poor, and incredibly lucky to be in Celtic’s starting 11 and in our squad. I’m hoping Doig might get selected instead. 

Ralston looked clumsy when he came on. He’d also be very lucky to be in the squad. Maybe Max Johnston can get a couple of starts for Sturm Graz to give himself an opportunity. 

Thought Ralston looked alright. 

Forrest looked dangerous everytime he got the ball. Might be worth a place in the squad. If he has a great cup final then Clarke will maybe consider him.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, DesiScotsman said:

Lewis Morgan with another goal & an assist too last night.

Really hope Clarke considers him but I think it's unlikely.

His back heel assist for red bulls final goal is brilliant.

Edited by mccaughey85

11 hours ago, GilmourFan said:

I was asked how they compare defensively this season.

I'd say that Livramento is as much as Bambi on ice as Patterson.

Just because Newcastle bought him for £32m doesn't mean anything.

I don't see England capping him. Not when they have James and Lewis (when Walker and Trippier retires).

Anyway, enough about him. As you said, he isn't Scottish. So I apologise to all for bringing him up.

Scott McTominay trained on Friday. He's a doubt for Sunday but at least we know his injury wasn't serious.

👏😉