Nations League 2024-2025 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Nations League 2024-2025

Rich NATA

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, saintydave said:

Absolutely. Just have to get there to have a chance of hosting it! 

That’s right. I’d express our interest at the outset, then in the highly unlikely event that we don’t make it, the application would obviously fall out of contention automatically. 👍

5 hours ago, Andy C said:

That’s right. I’d express our interest at the outset, then in the highly unlikely event that we don’t make it, the application would obviously fall out of contention automatically. 👍

Highly unlikely? Get a grip mate, it's a stick on😆

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

TBF, I thought this competition was a load of shit, but its been pretty productive for most countries.

Think its the best thing Uefa have done in a long long time. Especially with the pathway via playoffs for each league. Only need to look at North Maccedonia to see what a shot in the arm it can be.

Playing teams around your level is great for most nations and if you get promoted you get to test yourself against bigger nations.

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

TBF, I thought this competition was a load of shit, but its been pretty productive for most countries.

It's meant a hell of lot more competitive matches for us plus a major championship appearance. 

Not so sure the next one will do us as much good though. 

Lack of meaningful games over the 20 years before the Nations League helped hold us back. 

3 hours ago, kumnio said:

So did I, utter nonsense I thought at the time. Happy to have been proven wrong.

3 hours ago, adamntg said:

I wouldn’t because I couldn’t listen to all the pish about how Hampden is a dump etc.  

There is that, I’d love it though, if we did manage to get ourselves in that position.

2 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Think its the best thing Uefa have done in a long long time. Especially with the pathway via playoffs for each league. Only need to look at North Maccedonia to see what a shot in the arm it can be.

Playing teams around your level is great for most nations and if you get promoted you get to test yourself against bigger nations.

100%

4 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Pretty sure you have to win the previous version of the semis and final to host the next one.

So we can host the 25-26 version :D

I’ll happily stand, corrected if I’m wrong, but I understood that the host was one of the four competing semifinalists?

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, dan cake said:

Will we get fixtures and dates at next weeks draw our do we just find out the groups

According to the UEFA website the fixtures will be published the morning after the draw so Friday the 9th of February 2024. Pretty sure the SFA will then put tickets for sale in a five match package of Northern Ireland (Friendly), Finland (Friendly) and the three Nations League fixtures.

19 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Looking at the pots the best draw (in my opinion) for Scotland would be:-

Italy

Hungary

Poland

SCOTLAND

Worst draw:-

Spain

Portugal

France

SCOTLAND

I'd swap Italy for Holland but agree with the rest

On 2/1/2024 at 7:25 AM, Caledonian Craig said:

According to the UEFA website the fixtures will be published the morning after the draw so Friday the 9th of February 2024. Pretty sure the SFA will then put tickets for sale in a five match package of Northern Ireland (Friendly), Finland (Friendly) and the three Nations League fixtures.

Do the SFA release these match packages on a scheduled release window throughout the day judging by how many loyalty points you have (similar to how the away tickets are distributed) or is just a big free for all regardless of how many loyalty points you have?

2 hours ago, DesiScotsman said:

Do the SFA release these match packages on a scheduled release window throughout the day judging by how many loyalty points you have (similar to how the away tickets are distributed) or is just a big free for all regardless of how many loyalty points you have?

I think the packages are a free for all, I don't think there's a limit on numbers that can be sold, other than you have to be in the SSC to buy the 5 game package.

35k SSC members so enough for all that require them & the SFA are more than happy if 35k buy the package.