Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 256 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

Sunderland made the playoffs unlucky for Ross Stewart being injured but when fit could be the main striker if they get promoted.......they are also chasing Ben House so could possibly have a Scottish strike force in the prem.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

An assist as well, for Burke. He seems to be starting a fair amount since he joined Millwall. He should stay there for his own good. He's never had a consistent run of games to really get in his stride. There is a player in there. 

Burke was fantastic in the first half putting the Blackburn left back under a lot of pressure and took his goal very well. Second half was anonymous and got substituted 

4 hours ago, noctonjock said:

A goal each for Tom Cairney and Oli Burke today. Both very inconsistent players although Burke still only 26 even though been given loads of opportunities at different clubs 

Burke has been consistent 14 times this season.🤣

1 hour ago, csinclair said:

Sounds like Patterson had a good game against a very tough winger to defend in Mitoma

IMG_5050.jpeg

He was excellent and Brighton offered next to nothing down his side in the 2nd half.  Took him a wee while at the start to get to grips with Mitoma but he played him well.

Also good to see a Gilmour-less Brighton get a hiding.  Everton cut through their midfield far too easily in the 1st half and could've been 5 ahead.  I can only think that 3 games in such a short space of time was too much of an ask considering he's hardly been given a chance all season.

Weird Brighton finally play Gilmour twice and have two great performances and then drop him and get absolutely humped.

Also Everton finally pick Patterson and completely hump Brighton.

Anyone would think they both should be playing all the time… 

12 hours ago, daviebee said:

He was excellent and Brighton offered next to nothing down his side in the 2nd half.  Took him a wee while at the start to get to grips with Mitoma but he played him well.

Also good to see a Gilmour-less Brighton get a hiding.  Everton cut through their midfield far too easily in the 1st half and could've been 5 ahead.  I can only think that 3 games in such a short space of time was too much of an ask considering he's hardly been given a chance all season.

It’s the sign of an excellent player to have a really tough time against a specific opponent and to be able to solve the problem for next time they play. 

On 5/8/2023 at 9:46 AM, Tartan blood said:

The best thing is that he seems to have jumped ahead of McLaughlin in the pecking order. 

McRorie is 25! I really hope all this biding his time at Rangers has been worth it. If he doesn't make it as their number 1, you'd have to say he has wasted a lot of his career.

McGregor was 24 when he broke in to the Rangers team so not much different and he went on to do not bad.  Although for what it's worth I'll be very surprised if McRorie is Rangers number 1 next season.

13 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Although for what it's worth I'll be very surprised if McRorie is Rangers number 1 next season.

I tend to agree BUT.....

Why play him in this game? My possible theory is they've looked at other goalies, specifically Angus Gunn and got quoted a fee out of their price bracket, so feel they could save on a fee for a new goalkeeper if McRorie can prove his worth and then they can rotate between him and McGregor next season.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I tend to agree BUT.....

Why play him in this game? My possible theory is they've looked at other goalies, specifically Angus Gunn and got quoted a fee out of their price bracket, so feel they could save on a fee for a new goalkeeper if McRorie can prove his worth and then they can rotate between him and McGregor next season.

Apparently Jack Butland is pretty much a done deal. 

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I tend to agree BUT.....

Beale said when he came in that McCrorie would get some game tine this season. He then signed a new deal. (Probably with that assurance, that once the league was done he would get a chance). 

McLaughlin had his chance and for whatever reason wont be number 1. He is likely to leave in the summer, as is McGregor so the obvious reason for playing McCrorie is to keep him sweet to be number 2 next season. Probably to Butland if rumours are true.

Of the 3 GKs available at the moment. Playing McCrorie is the only sensible option.

1 minute ago, Diamond Scot said:

Beale said when he came in that McCrorie would get some game tine this season. He then signed a new deal. (Probably with that assurance, that once the league was done he would get a chance). 

McLaughlin had his chance and for whatever reason wont be number 1. He is likely to leave in the summer, as is McGregor so the obvious reason for playing McCrorie is to keep him sweet to be number 2 next season. Probably to Butland if rumours are true.

Of the 3 GKs available at the moment. Playing McCrorie is the only sensible option.

If butland is 100% signing, I struggle to see why McCrorie would sign on to be Number 2

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

If butland is 100% signing, I struggle to see why McCrorie would sign on to be Number 2

Could be that he and Butland are rotated, much like McGregor and McLaughlin were the last couple of seasons. Which would not be too bad from a Scotland perspective as Gunn will have cover. And Gordon is not finished yet.

11 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Right. Cheers for clearing that up.

16 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Because he signed his new contract around Dec / Jan when there was jo talk of Butland. I suspect that he was told something like with McGregor leaving and it being unlikely McLaughlin would be staying that he would get some games this year and would "fight for the number 1 jersey next year". 

Despite everybody knowing that the reality will be that Rangers bring in a GK to be number 1 and the only way McCrorie will get game time will be if that GK gets injured or is a total nightmare, similar to Barkas at Celtic.

I suspect McCrorie is happy to be at his boyhood club, picking up a good wage and convincing himseld that his time will come.

9 minutes ago, scotlad said:

And better still, a clean sheet. 👍

Rangers might have done better this season with McCrorie in goal, hopefully hm Souttar and some more minutes for Lowry to the end of the season.

On a negative Ralston not up to it, needs to go somewhere he can play week in week out, a Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen or English Championship side.