Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 257 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

2 hours ago, syecosse said:

Rangers might have done better this season with McCrorie in goal, hopefully hm Souttar and some more minutes for Lowry to the end of the season.

On a negative Ralston not up to it, needs to go somewhere he can play week in week out, a Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen or English Championship side. 

He's looked very assured. I remember seeing him play on loan with Queen of the South a few seasons ago and thinking the same but he never really kicked on - until possibly now.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

More keeper news. Archie Mair made himself a penalty hero in the play off final at Wembley. Came on as sub keeper for the penalty shootout and saved two.

Since Gordon's injury when it did not look good for the keeper situation 

- Gunn commited

- McCrorie finally getting his Rangers chance and so far taking it.

- Robbie Hemfrey made his Championship debut for Rotherham.

- Mair(Norwich) has had a good loan at Notts County

- Mccracken( Norwich) had a good loan at Stevenage before injury.

-Hogarth(Rangers) had a good loan at Alloa.

-Angelini moved from Watford to Brentford. 

- still a few keepers that I can think of on books at prem sides Mahady Leeds(well currently) Kinnear( West Ham) Smith (Newcastle) and Hogarth (Nottm forest) 

Looking a lot better at least.

1 minute ago, syecosse said:

Since Gordon's injury when it did not look good for the keeper situation 

- Gunn commited

- McCrorie finally getting his Rangers chance and so far taking it.

- Robbie Hemfrey made his Championship debut for Rotherham.

- Mair(Norwich) has had a good loan at Notts County

- Mccracken( Norwich) had a good loan at Stevenage before injury.

-Hogarth(Rangers) had a good loan at Alloa.

-Angelini moved from Watford to Brentford. 

- still a few keepers that I can think of on books at prem sides Mahady Leeds(well currently) Kinnear( West Ham) Smith (Newcastle) and Hogarth (Nottm forest) 

Looking a lot better at least.

Can I just say - you are an excellent contributor on here. Learn something new every time you post!

13 hours ago, borojock said:

Third on that posters like this really add the true value to this board for me - keep up the good work @syecosse

Fourth. Before I joined TAMB I would obsessively trawl through apps and websites trying to keep up with how Scots are doing. Coming on here is a much more efficient and enjoyable way of keeping abreast of how the Scots are doing. 

I do really wish we had the like button back, as it means we can all acknowledge a good post without having to say things like "third, fourth" etc.

3 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

Fourth. Before I joined TAMB I would obsessively trawl through apps and websites trying to keep up with how Scots are doing. Coming on here is a much more efficient and enjoyable way of keeping abreast of how the Scots are doing. 

I do really wish we had the like button back, as it means we can all acknowledge a good post without having to say things like "third, fourth" etc.

Yeh I was the same as I especially like to see how our young hopefuls are getting on, good on syecosse for doing a great job on our behalf 👌

3 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Three from Souttar, Porteous, Hendry, Tierney and Cooper. Quite a good selection there.

Could you add Hickey to that? Only a thought but he's playing really well at Brentford and could be hard to leave out. So play him right centre back and Patterson right wing back . Bit of a Tierney / Robertson situation where its hard to bench either. With Hickey being the taller too. Only my opinion 

Edited by noctonjock

1 hour ago, noctonjock said:

Could you add Hickey to that? Only a thought but he's playing really well at Brentford and could be hard to leave out. So play him right centre back and Patterson right wing back . Bit of a Tierney / Robertson situation where its hard to bench either. With Hickey being the taller too. Only my opinion 

Not that it means your suggestion isn’t worthy of consideration, but for me at the moment Hickey is firmly ahead of Patterson for any RB/RWB slot. Much much better defender.

Both played well today though 👍👍

I think that might taking it a bit too far. A back 5 with 4 fullbacks? 

If we are at a desperate stage to get all 4 of those players in the pitch, maybe one of them in midfield could work. 

A decent shout but I wouldn’t  fancy it against Norway. I would go Souttar, Hendry, Tierney. Porteous could play the Souttar or Hendry role also, but I like the pace of my three. 

Hickey in midfield is something we may see at some point. 

1 hour ago, Tartan blood said:

I think that might taking it a bit too far. A back 5 with 4 fullbacks? 

If we are at a desperate stage to get all 4 of those players in the pitch, maybe one of them in midfield could work. 

Like an variation of the '90s/early '00s, when we used to play with a back five consisting of five centre-backs!

Gilmour subbed off at 60mins. 

Watched some of the first half and thought he wasnt really getting involved enough in the game. He wasnt playing badly but he wasnt seeing much of the ball. Still good to see him get a start and hopefully next season he becomes a first team regular.