Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 255 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

9 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

I’m just thinking the fact that Hanley and McKenna are definitely out of the next qualifiers it could be an option. 

Far more tried, trusted and experienced options to play before him. Players such as Porteous, Cooper, Tierney and Hendry msy be back by then and Dom Hyam deserves a look first if needs be.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Did not see the match but apparently very good by the look of things on twitter, hopefully gets to play the rest of the season. 

Pretty good stats wise as well. 4 saves according to Who Scored for a rating of 7.4, any thing over 7 is pretty unusual for goalkeepers.

Hopefuly this will kick start his career and we can see what he is truely capable of.

League 1 strikers to the Championship Rayan Hardie promoted with Plymouth top scorer, Ben House being connected to Sunderland and Bristol City, and Kyle Joseph to return to Swansea although Oxford are apparently chasing his signing permanently. All are top scorers for their clubs. 

4 hours ago, bigfingers said:

He wants to play for England, chances of that are slim imo. 

As far as im aware he has not stated this either publically or in private.

He has asked not to be selected for the U21s to concentrate on establishing himself in the Newcastle 1st team and to give some time for him to think.

People can make their own mind up about what that may or may not mean but dont then pass that opinion off as fact. Remember it wasnt long ago Hickey was asking not to be selected for U21s for similar reasons. 

13 hours ago, syecosse said:

Did not see the match but apparently very good by the look of things on twitter, hopefully gets to play the rest of the season. 

He had one good save from what I saw but did the basics right

31 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Played well. Three good saves, came off his line well and a clean sheet. 

Why the hell have they not been playing him all season. 

The best thing is that he seems to have jumped ahead of McLaughlin in the pecking order. 

McRorie is 25! I really hope all this biding his time at Rangers has been worth it. If he doesn't make it as their number 1, you'd have to say he has wasted a lot of his career.

13 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

He has asked not to be selected for the U21s to concentrate on establishing himself in the Newcastle 1st team and to give some time for him to think.

People can make their own mind up about what that may or may not mean but dont then pass that opinion off as fact. Remember it wasnt long ago Hickey was asking not to be selected for U21s for similar reasons. 

Clarke approached him for the last qualifiers and I'm sure he said to Clarke he wanted to try and get into the England squad. 

53 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Clarke approached him for the last qualifiers and I'm sure he said to Clarke he wanted to try and get into the England squad. 

Gemmil said Anderson wanted to concentrate on establishing himself for Newcastle. Clarke said Anderson wants to bide his time and see what happens. There was no suggestion from Clarke that Anderson was getting called up or refused a call up for the full squad as far as I can see.

Now in reality the chances are that he wants to see if he can get into the Newcastle team and then see if England come calling. However thats just me making an educated guess. Until Anderson comes out and says he has no interest in representing Scotland then im not about to critisise the guy. Even if he said his preference would be England but that he loves Scotland and would love to play for us aswell then id be ok.

My preference was to marry 7 of 9 from Star Trek but that doesnt mean I dont love my wife.

Just now, noctonjock said:

A goal each for Tom Cairney and Oli Burke today. Both very inconsistent players although Burke still only 26 even though been given loads of opportunities at different clubs 

Can't believe Cairney is 32..

36 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

A goal each for Tom Cairney and Oli Burke today. Both very inconsistent players although Burke still only 26 even though been given loads of opportunities at different clubs 

An assist as well, for Burke. He seems to be starting a fair amount since he joined Millwall. He should stay there for his own good. He's never had a consistent run of games to really get in his stride. There is a player in there. 

17 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

That's my recollection too.

Tbh, I think the jury's still out on him amongst the Newcastle fans too, so maybe putting international football to one side for the time being is sensible.