Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 183 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, stocky said:

Coming on now

Arsenal fans on twitter suggesting it was tactical. The lad playing LB has good right foot to combat Sarah coming inside all the time rather than outside. Salah was hooked so I guess it worked?

3 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I feel bad posting this but one of Brighton's midfielders has just had to retire on medical advice, that may increase Gilmour's chances of getting games.

Should increase his chances especially if hes a similar type of midfielder. Shame for the guy having to retire. Hopefully hes made plenty of money out the game and can use it wisely for his familys wellbeing.

14 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I feel bad posting this but one of Brighton's midfielders has just had to retire on medical advice, that may increase Gilmour's chances of getting games.

Must admit I had a similar thought. Terrible for the lad though having to retire at 24, hopefully still manages to find work within the game

2 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Must admit I had a similar thought. Terrible for the lad though having to retire at 24, hopefully still manages to find work within the game

If he can get his coaching badges or become an agent then that would be great. Saying that his weekly wage will probably be 60k or more and hes on a 4 year contract so i aint going to be too sorry for him. He should be able to live a comfortable life based on that money alone.

Watched Forest vs Villa last night. Mckenna had a solid game but McGinn struggled though to be honest the whole Villa midfield looked disjointed. He's trying to fit McGinn, Ramsey, Coutinho & Buendia in the same side when all 4 play their best when playing off of the striker/No 10 role

Edited by csinclair

9 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Watched Forest vs Villa last night. Mckenna had a solid game but McGinn struggled though to be honest the whole Villa midfield looked disjointed. He's trying to fit McGinn, Ramsey, Coutinho & Buendia in the same side when all 4 play their best when playing off of the striker/No 10 role

I'd like to see McGinn move on from Villa but I don't know who'd take him.

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I'd like to see McGinn move on from Villa but I don't know who'd take him.

Lots of teams would take him. Where he would fit in well is a different matter. I think he would do well at Palace however thats abit of a sideways step.

Apart from that maybe somewhere like West Ham but he ideally needs to be playing in an attacking mid role.

3 hours ago, csinclair said:

The standard of that game was utter shite. 

14 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Ben Doak with great solo goal and two assists in the Uefa Youth League v Rangers.

Entertaining game. I thought Doak along with Cannonier were the stand outs. I'm not sure any of the Rangers players really stood out except Lovelace and unfortunately he's English.

34 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Entertaining game. I thought Doak along with Cannonier were the stand outs. I'm not sure any of the Rangers players really stood out except Lovelace and unfortunately he's English.

Well at least there is King and Lowry who would have been eligible, as far as I know. I quite like the look of Ure but time will tell. Only saw the Doak moments via Twitter. 

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

Ben Doak with great solo goal and two assists in the Uefa Youth League v Rangers.

I can't believe some people dare mention Doak as a potential another Robbie Foy. Only connection between they two are they were Scottish young wingers at Liverpool. That is where the similarities end. Doak has already played first team football unlike Foy. Doak has scored at junior levels for Scotland unlike Foy. Doak is proving himself at European junior levels unlike Foy. Liverpool rated Doak enough to pay around £600,000 for a 16-year-old which was not the case for Foy.