Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 187 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

11 hours ago, syecosse said:

Mckenna excellent in Nottm forest away draw at Brighton.

Hyam named captain for Blackburn as they went top of the Championship. 

Liverpool U21s where losing 3-0 to Accrington first team in the PFL cup then on the 70th minute Ramsey and Doak came on 1 goal for Ramsey and a goal and assist for Doak to finish 3-2.

That’s excellent they both scored and Doak to score and assist in that cup at 16 is fantastic really 

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

That’s excellent they both scored and Doak to score and assist in that cup at 16 is fantastic really 

He just seems to be able to step up to the next level everytime he's asked. In theory, he could be playing for Scotland u17s today. 

I notice Rory Wilson is cataining them today. Promoted to u21s then dropped back down 2 age groups. Strange. 

4 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Ppl might hate this suggestion but a loan back to rangers or even celtic in january would be great imo. Chance for him to play football and then next season brighton can either give him a proper chance or sell to a club willing to play him. Maybe even a loan to europe in january might be good. I think gilmour would suit spanish or Portuguese football better than epl anyways.

I actually think the loan suggestion to rangers or celtic is a pretty good one. It's already halfway through October and he's yet to make a meaningful impact at Brighton. If it gets him playing football again, and puts him in the shop window for genuinely interested clubs, then that would surely be a good thing? (In the meantime, fingers crossed he gets some meaningful minutes at Brighton in the upcoming games).

Edited by mcguffin

16 hours ago, syecosse said:

Mckenna excellent in Nottm forest away draw at Brighton.

Hyam named captain for Blackburn as they went top of the Championship. 

Liverpool U21s where losing 3-0 to Accrington first team in the PFL cup then on the 70th minute Ramsey and Doak came on 1 goal for Ramsey and a goal and assist for Doak to finish 3-2.

Mckenna is progressing nicely, should be a regular for us going forward. Be hard to drop him for KT if we play a back 4, if we revert to a back 3,  McKenna should be first choice for the middle role i reckon. 

Nice to see the thumbs up from Ramsey to Doak, what a exciting prospect those 2 linking up for club & country could be in the future, nothing wrong in dreaming they make that level for now 😉🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

7 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

Mckenna is progressing nicely, should be a regular for us going forward. Be hard to drop him for KT if we play a back 4, if we revert to a back 3,  McKenna should be first choice for the middle role i reckon. 

Nice to see the thumbs up from Ramsey to Doak, what a exciting prospect those 2 linking up for club & country could be in the future, nothing wrong in dreaming they make that level for now 😉🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Every so often a player will come along that is so good that you are forced to alter the system to suit him. Kieran Tierney and Andy Robertson being the obvious examples. Ben Doak seems to be a winger. If he turns out to be as good as he appears, we might have to alter the system again.

Also, Ramsay (19), Hickey (20), Patterson (21). This is going to create quite the conundrum very soon.

44 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Every so often a player will come along that is so good that you are forced to alter the system to suit him. Kieran Tierney and Andy Robertson being the obvious examples. Ben Doak seems to be a winger. If he turns out to be as good as he appears, we might have to alter the system again.

Also, Ramsay (19), Hickey (20), Patterson (21). This is going to create quite the conundrum very soon.

You could see both Ramsay and Patterson playing more attacking roles to accommodate more of our better players into the side ala Tierney and Robertson as you say. 

3 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

I do not think you can rule out Ashby in that conundrum maybe even Devine, Newcastle with all there money view him him as the long term replacement for Trippier, West Ham are apparently offering him a lot of money to stay and Leeds also in the chase. Been injured lately. 

5 hours ago, syecosse said:

I do not think you can rule out Ashby in that conundrum maybe even Devine, Newcastle with all there money view him him as the long term replacement for Trippier, West Ham are apparently offering him a lot of money to stay and Leeds also in the chase. Been injured lately. 

Yeh i agree Ashby also has a  chance of challenging for a right sided defensive place. 

9 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

Yeh but isn't it potentially a great conundrum to have. I'm guessing from reading fans opinions that Hickey has the ability to play many positions, holding midfield might even turn out to be his best position. That scenario would be ideal & leave Patterson & possibly Ramsey,Ashby etc to fight it out for right back or right midfield roles. Too early in their careers to tell who will become the best actual defender or most flexible amongst them. 

As for Ben Doak he seems to score a lot of goals so maybe he has much more to his have that being a out & out winger. I'm hoping he turns out to be a similar or even better & less injury prone version of Ryan Fraser then he would be a very effective & potentially game changing player for us. 

11 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Yeh i agree Ashby also has a  chance of challenging for a right sided defensive place. 

Yeh but isn't it potentially a great conundrum to have. I'm guessing from reading fans opinions that Hickey has the ability to play many positions, holding midfield might even turn out to be his best position. That scenario would be ideal & leave Patterson & possibly Ramsey,Ashby etc to fight it out for right back or right midfield roles. Too early in their careers to tell who will become the best actual defender or most flexible amongst them. 

As for Ben Doak he seems to score a lot of goals so maybe he has much more to his have that being a out & out winger. I'm hoping he turns out to be a similar or even better & less injury prone version of Ryan Fraser then he would be a very effective & potentially game changing player for us. 

I think we are needlessly getting ahead of ourselves with Ashby. At the moment he is still just hearsay and potential. Whereas Ramsey has proven himself in the SPFL, Hickey in Serie A, and Patterson in the EPL. These 3 have already given us hard evidence they are Scotland material. Ashby is still in the same bracket as Elliot Anderson and Cieran Slicker.

It's so hard to tell at a young age. I remember Dylan McGeouch getting man of the match against Real Madrid in a friendly when he was at Celtic. Now he doesn't have a club. He was being talked up as the second coming.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Robby McCrorie snubbed again by Rangers I see. Van Bronkhorst rested McGregor for the Premier Sports Cup match against Dundee and played Jon McLaughlin in his place. No doubt about it McCrorie is No 3 at Ibrox and only ay best a No 2 if McGregor retires. Time to grow a pair of balls laddie.

Its a strange one by Rangers. McLaughlin started season as number 1 and has clearly been dropped back down to number 2. If McGreggor retires at the end of the year you would expect Rangers to buy a new number 1 as not doing so would basically be saying to the fanbase that they are happy playing a lesser GK. 

With that in mind its likely McLaughlin will move on in the summer so the sensible thing to do would be to move McCrorie up to number 2 now. Give him the limited game time as a reward for signing the new deal and keep him sweet for being number 2 / challneging the replacement number 1 next year and beyond.

Rangers do it more often than any other team. They leave young players totally out in the cold when they have loads of opportunities to give them risk free minutes and then find themselves in a situation where they need to play somebody in a big game who has next to no 1st team experience.

There was an Old Firm game a few years back where they had to chuck in a cpl of untested players (think Kyle Hutton was one). Last season McCrorie had to play in an Old Firm ar Ibrox with basically no experience. Funnily enough he got a clean sheet in that game and the other game he played and hasnt been seen since.

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Mckenna played full 90 in Forrests biggest win of the season against Liverpool. His confidence must be through the roof eight now

If forest can stay up it would be great for mckenna as i think he could do well in the epl if given a proper chance rather than just 1 season.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

You sound like those screaming for Boris to come back. In short both (BJ and McBurnie) had plenty of chances and were beyond awful. We are looking for footballers not kick boxers.

McBurnie appears to be a changed man only reason he didn't start today was because of a small injury.

After coming on he had 5 attempts at goal with three on target and one hitting the woodwork.

It might be that he is out of contract soon so has screwed the nut.

12 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

McBurnie appears to be a changed man only reason he didn't start today was because of a small injury.

After coming on he had 5 attempts at goal with three on target and one hitting the woodwork.

It might be that he is out of contract soon so has screwed the nut.

Need I remind you that he has been on goalscoring streaks before and selected for us. What happened again in his Scotland appearances? S F A = sweet fuck all.

Edited by Caledonian Craig