Season 21/22 - Page 83 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, scotlad said:

They're not known as the Old Firm for nothing 😂

Plenty of coin to be made from the world's most toxic double act. 👍

Why do you think Celtic keep renewing the trademarks each year whilst paying lip service to their support by calling it the "Glasgow Derby"

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Apparently both clubs will be making the same as 1 year of our TV deal for this tournament. 

If this doesn't wake people up about how poor our TV deal is nothing will. Doncaster and all around him need to be put out to pasture.

Those around Doncaster ate the clubs. They agreed to keep him and they agreed to the TV deal

2 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

I don't have any issues with the match in Sydney. The club need to explore commercial opportunities. Strange that Celtic want to play us though when they can't ever refer to our club by name when engaging with their own fans 

I think the Old Firm missed the boat a couple of decades ago when they should have been trying to tap into the support in expat communities. I think they made a wee bit of an effort but it was fairly half hearted.  Probably too late now that all the big super clubs have cornered the foreign market. I think if the Old Firm had done it the right way at the right time they could have been closer to the top table of European football. 

30 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

I don't have any issues with the match in Sydney. The club need to explore commercial opportunities. Strange that Celtic want to play us though when they can't ever refer to our club by name when engaging with their own fans 

They’ll need the funds for their potential upcoming court cases.

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Do Aberdeen get another star on for that ?

No , Aberdeen's 'stars' are for winning European trophies.

A quick look at the records show Aberdeen with 2, Rangers 1872 with 1, and Sevco with none.

It was actually Rangers 1872 that started the practice of putting stars on their jersey for lesser achievements.

(Celtic, to your embarrassment, have it right.) 

5 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Certainly is. Livingston went from relegation material to 4th in a couple of months. We have nine teams with not much between them ability wise.

Aye, those teams are now in a 4 game mini-league to make top six.

Results are going to be huge.

Yes, I had referenced that earlier...

On 2/27/2022 at 1:46 PM, Scotty CTA said:

Only 5 points separating 7 teams in the Scottish Premiership.

With 10 (and 11) games to go, Europe could be a very real possibility for one of Hibs, DU, Well, Livi, the Buddies, the Dons, and the Staggies.

Hopefully the tight table and the relegation battle will bring out the fans.

(Just wasn't as thorough this time. Apologies.)

13 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Almost got a point. 

I've only seen the highlights. Expected a humping, we didn't get humped but still lost.

There was a foul against Ramsay in the lead up to the Rangers goal but the ref obviously never gave it.

40 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Looked it from where we were.

Same foul given for Rangers against aberdeen at ibrox last time we played there. Rangers got a penalty from it

I'm almost certain thr ref was Beaton that day