The news thread - Page 81 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Labour Party Conference starts with them bellowing out an anthem glorifying the perpetuation of an unelected aristocratic ruling dynasty. How many of them will be singing the Reg Flag with so much enthusiasm? Not many would be my guess. Kinda sums up what Labour stands for these days. 

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The Labour Party Conference starts with them bellowing out an anthem glorifying the perpetuation of an unelected aristocratic ruling dynasty. How many of them will be singing the Reg Flag with so much enthusiasm? Not many would be my guess. Kinda sums up what Labour stands for these days. 

Nationalism, eh.

23 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Interest rates are about to rocket….  Hearing an emergency BoE meeting and .75 point jump.  That will be the start…. We are heading to 6-10% land by Christmas.  

Time for a windfall tax on the banks. 

16 hours ago, Malcolm said:

yeah, I see the Kings Councillor, Roddy Dunlop, has stated that on twitter today… to a not particularly positive reaction.  Nicola has to bring them in to some kind of alignment or risk losing significant tax at the top end.  it’s too big a disparity now.  Cheaper to just buy a small property over the border, “base” yourself there, and generate income from it.  My company cares not a jot where I live or work.

I can see how that might be possible now that home working is a thing but most employers still expect people to show face regularly.

Moving to England just to potentially save a couple of hundred quid per year in tax is a hell of a hassle, and when you factor in some of the other things you'd have to pay for down south you might find the whole exercise turns out to be nugatory.

As for that fud Dunlop, he'll be going nowhere. Unless he's going to retrain in English law he won't be able to practice south of the border and in his job he'll be expected to physically to turn up at places. Is he fuck going to put himself through all that just to prove a point!

Have to appreciate the Tories utter brilliance. They rob the country blind, destroy the economy, fuck the pound to record levels, yet their base still backs them, as Labour aren’t fiscally responsible. 

How any Scottish person can watch this and think thank heavens for the stability of the union is beyond me. 

These Tory cunts should be in the dock, not Westminster. 

1 hour ago, King Of Paisley said:

Letters of no confidence against Truss going in already after the pound's crash against the dollar.

According to The National

And yet it's successfully been turned into an 'SNP bad' story by our pathetic media, despite virtually every economist asked about Truss's policies saying they're a bad idea!

1 minute ago, scotlad said:

And yet it's successfully been turned into an 'SNP bad' story by our pathetic media, despite virtually every economist asked about Truss's policies saying they're a bad idea!

Michael Blackley in the Scottish Daily Heil being the loudest.

Horrible gobshite of a man. Peddling the lie that an exodus of wealthy Scots will move down south.

5 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Have to appreciate the Tories utter brilliance. They rob the country blind, destroy the economy, fuck the pound to record levels, yet their base still backs them, as Labour aren’t fiscally responsible. 

How any Scottish person can watch this and think thank heavens for the stability of the union is beyond me. 

The people who bought the lie of the broad shoulders of the pound really should be investigating if they have any brain matter.

FWIW, the pound has fell 35% since September 2014. 

8 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Michael Blackley in the Scottish Daily Heil being the loudest.

Horrible gobshite of a man. Peddling the lie that an exodus of wealthy Scots will move down south.

He really is but there are plenty of others too: Tom Gordon, Conor Matchett, Torquil Crichton - and that's just off the top of my head.

We don't have proper journalists in this country, we have propagandists. People who just amplify whatever their editorial line is (which, funnily enough, is almost always in tune with the WM government's line).

1 minute ago, scotlad said:

He really is but there are plenty of others too: Tom Gordon, Conor Matchett, Torquil Crichton - and that's just off the top of my head.

We don't have proper journalists in this country, we have propagandists. People who just amplify whatever their editorial line is (which, funnily enough, is almost always in tune with the WM government's line).

Not to mention Alan Cochrane

4 hours ago, kumnio said:

Apparently the pound has now fallen against the Argentine peso 🤭

What was it they used to call the prospective Scottish currency, the Panama pound, wasn't it?

It's not funny really though, these crooks are doing this deliberately. By rights the least they should do is call a general election, because what this government is doing is so far removed from the manifesto they were elected on in 2019.

3 hours ago, King Of Paisley said:

Not to mention Alan Cochrane

Aye, he's another one. At least with Cochrane you know he really means it though. I've more respect for journos like him than the likes of Iain Macwhirter, who change their tune based on who's writing their paycheck that week.

36 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Aye, he's another one. At least with Cochrane you know he really means it though. I've more respect for journos like him than the likes of Iain Macwhirter, who change their tune based on who's writing their paycheck that week.

Cochrane, especially, is doing it for the paycheck

Cochrane, from what I have seen, is a Union fanatic, but least in a sort of bullish positive way, rather than a simply "hating the SNP" type. Macwhirter seems to have become a waste of space, making contrary arguments for the sake of it. The others are all interchangeable, propagandists.

Well the day of reckoning is finally here….   A triple whammy.

energy prices through the roof

mortgages about to skyrocket…. I mean some peoples payment will quadruple when they come of fixed

imported goods (which is most things nowadays) about to skyrocket 

dont see the safety nets… those struggling already are fucked… those who are just about managing will find real hardship ahead and those that think they are comfortable now will be scraping by.

bleak.