The news thread - Page 80 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The budget - wow!  Just when you thought things couldn't get crazier or more right wing, along come measures lifted second-hand from an 80s style Reganomics handbook, the stand-out being income tax cuts for the highest earners. 

In addition to that fracking has been given the green light and further restrictions placed on industrial action.  What a fucking place!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, scotlad said:

The budget - wow!  Just when you thought things couldn't get crazier or more right wing, along come measures lifted second-hand from an 80s style Reganomics handbook, the stand-out being income tax cuts for the highest earners. 

In addition to that fracking has been given the green light and further restrictions placed on industrial action.  What a fucking place!

Malcolm will be on his 3rd bottle of Dom Perignon . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, kumnio said:

So glad that we have the security of the almighty £, what a state we would be in without it.

 

‘’Issuing a punishing verdict on the chancellor’s “dash for growth”, traders in the City of London sent sterling tumbling on Friday amid a broad-based sell-off in response to the massive rise in public borrowing required to finance his plans.

The pound fell by almost 2% after Kwartengannounced £45bn of tax cuts directed at higher earners, trading close to a symbolic $1.10 against the US dollar for the first time since 1985.

It comes after the Treasury said it would finance the chancellor’s tax cuts and the energy price guarantee for consumers and businesses with £72.4bn in additional UK government debt sales than planned for the current financial year.’’

 

Here all you high earners. Have a wad of tax cuts. Some idiot will buy our junk  debt. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seeing the jingoistic ease by which the UK media turns ‘rebel scots’ into Billy Brit flag waving imperialists over Russia/Ukraine reminds me very much of the early thatcher years where she was able to cement her shit rule in by provoking and then defeating some weak South American regime. People literally slavering over themselves waving union jacks over their victory. It does not take much…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, exile said:

The Tories, are they trying to screw the country for all the cash they can get till they get kicked out?

t

"the UK is behaving a bit like an emerging market turning itself into a submerging market.” 😮🤡

A more cynical person than me might conclude that this - with the help of Brexit - was their plan all along. 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This sums up the UK media.

https://www.skynews.com.au/world-news/prince-harry-sulked-and-ditched-family-dinner-because-meghan-wasnt-invited/video/c6b15b827ab8ba2386b67b2a9bbc478c

Slate him for refusing to go to a meal his beloved wife was not invited to. Perfectlyreasonable. But this goes far deeper because he dared criticise actions of those in the Royal family.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh! more Royal Family news, ace, not had enough recently I feel.

To be fair I wouldn't want to have dinner with the mad cow either.

What on earth is Harry doing I wonder getting involved with this one. Very curious to see how it unfolds.

He did get photographed in a Nazi uniform as a young man IIRC and he did have that frolic in the hot tub with some gals of dubious repute. So if anyone was likely to have got themselves severely compromised by doing something stupid it would likely be Harry boy. Is he being blackmailed... Epsteined... hard to say but a very weird left turn he took in his life getting involved with this scheming fruitloop. It is possible he is just an idiot. Her mission seems to be to inflict as much damage as possible.

That said it must put a strain on your paternal relationship when your mum publicly declares that if she dies in a car crash her husband will be behind it, and then she dies in a suspicious car crash.

Then you also factor in the strong possibility the guy who may had your mum topped is not even your real dad...

Aye you could see how things might have got awkward.  If they are still married in 10 years I will be very surprised, 20 years gobsmacked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just interested. Why do people constantly capitalise the word "royal" and "royal family"? They are not capped in the dictionary, and even when talking specifically about "our" royal family you don't properly cap these terms, so why the deference from supposedly anti-monarchy posters on a forum? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

 

What on earth is Harry doing I wonder getting involved with this one.

Is he the "Prince of pegging" fella? maybe that was the attraction? Or is that another one of the clan? It's hard to keep up with which ones are into what sort of stuff, even though this celebrity nonsense keeps getting pumped at us from all angles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

This sums up the UK media.

https://www.skynews.com.au/world-news/prince-harry-sulked-and-ditched-family-dinner-because-meghan-wasnt-invited/video/c6b15b827ab8ba2386b67b2a9bbc478c

Slate him for refusing to go to a meal his beloved wife was not invited to. Perfectlyreasonable. But this goes far deeper because he dared criticise actions of those in the Royal family.

The actual TV report suggests an alternative reason she wasn’t there is because Meghan herself didnt want to interrupt something sacred . Plus she may feels uncomfortable that Kate wasnt there . That sounds pretty plausible too,  but of course the papers need to make it into some sort of barny. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, exile said:

The Tories, are they trying to screw the country for all the cash they can get till they get kicked out?

t

"the UK is behaving a bit like an emerging market turning itself into a submerging market.” 😮🤡

It does seem like a scorched earth policy. With the main players getting their lifeboats in order before the ship goes down.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Is he the "Prince of pegging" fella? maybe that was the attraction? Or is that another one of the clan? It's hard to keep up with which ones are into what sort of stuff, even though this celebrity nonsense keeps getting pumped at us from all angles.

Nah, it's his brother, William, who is into pegging. Allegedly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...