The news thread - Page 38 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Exc: told PM absolutely defiant and is not going to resign. Sources tell me he told Cabinet colleagues that it was a choice between summer focused on economic growth or chaos of a leadership contest- followed by massive pressure for general election 1/

Arguing that a lost election will mean a coalition that will lead to break up of Britain (sounds familiar from 2015!) and those around him think they will lose a couple more from Cabinet but not all 2/

They claim Sir Graham position was that he won’t be drummed out tonight and that rule change won’t come til Monday. And said he put his “14 million mandate on table”. 3/

All of this is about parachuting Gove into Boris Johnsons majority.

Gove could never win an election on his own so he has to steal Johnsons.

If Gove becomes prime minister I really fear for us.

If Gove becomes PM I cant underline how bad it will be.

The BBC are truly a vile organization. I usually never watch it but I have seen quite a bit this last week. They are actively campaigning like fuck for Bojo to resign (and for whom?). Not even a tiny attempt at balance. Who is the ginger prick they produce for reporting at 10 Downing St. Total non entity talking like he he knows what is going on. It is an endless supply of smug know-nothing wankers. Man they are so loathsome. Far worse than any politician past or present. 

As for Gove... the guy is a fucking scumbag.

The whole Tory party are a bunch of weasels. They have all known for years that Johnson is a lying fuker. Why do they all suddenly decide at the same time that he has just told one lie too many? This has got nothing to do with integrity on their part. It's all about what's in it for themselves. Which, I suppose, is one of the most important of Tory values, right enough.

Not sure if this is good news or bad news. I'm fairly neutral on this one at the moment. It depends who replaces him. My big fear is that it will be Gove and he turns out to be a fairly competent evil bastard. UK voters don't mind being ruled by evil bastards as long as they are competent at what they do.

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Not sure if this is good news or bad news. I'm fairly neutral on this one at the moment. It depends who replaces him. My big fear is that it will be Gove and he turns out to be a fairly competent evil bastard. UK voters don't mind being ruled by evil bastards as long as they are competent at what they do.

Gove loves rowies though. 

16 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Great. That is all we need at No 10 - a friggin' junkie.

35 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Indeed - look at Thatcher - it was her own cabinet who forced her out - even they couldn't stand her policies any longer.

Gove is a genuinely malignant, devious wee rat of a man but unlike Johnson he isn't bone idle - that's what makes him far more dangerous.