The news thread - Page 42 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So for the next six weeks or so, the UK will be run by a PM that’s demob happy, a Foreign Secretary that can’t leave the UK because she’s campaigning for a new job and a set of ministers who are effectively “at risk” of redundancy. 

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

So for the next six weeks or so, the UK will be run by a PM that’s demob happy, a Foreign Secretary that can’t leave the UK because she’s campaigning for a new job and a set of ministers who are effectively “at risk” of redundancy. 

And nobody will notice any difference. 😂

Mordaunt would have been bad for Scottish Independence

It is incredible the amount of anti SNP trolls with some connection to Rangers had changed their profile pictures to that of Penny Big Tits

Now they have to rally around Truss or Sunak

9 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

It is incredible the amount of anti SNP trolls with some connection to Rangers had changed their profile pictures to that of Penny Big Tits

Now they have to rally around Truss or Sunak

Truss and Sunak both have more experience than Mordaunt but when it comes to an election that's surely a disadvantage as it makes it harder for them to disassociate themselves from Johnson's regime.

37 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

With respect to the independence, Mordaunt came across as staunch; Sunak not really interested, just holding the party line; Truss as per Sunak but seems hapless and out of her depth in foreign affairs. So, Union looking more vulnerable today. 

16 minutes ago, exile said:

With respect to the independence, Mordaunt came across as staunch;

Aye thats what i meant

Mordaunt would have been great for Bitter Together - a sort of Anti Sturgeon if you like

She is not unattractive and gives them a figure to rally around 

A bit difficult with Sunak or Truss

28 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Aye thats what i meant

Mordaunt would have been great for Bitter Together - a sort of Anti Sturgeon if you like

Yes, point taken. Looks like the Tories have messed up. Maybe good for pork markets, though.

On 7/20/2022 at 6:32 PM, Ally Bongo said:

Aye thats what i meant

With Sunak and Truss it's a choice between a smarmy crook and an imbecile.  

Sunak would stand a better chance of winning a GE than Truss. I'd go as far as to say if Labour couldn't beat a Tory party led by Truss then it's hard to envisage the circumstances in which they could win a GE.

As far as independence is concerned, if Truss wins and is as hopeless a PM as all the signs suggest she would be, it could actually be a blessing in disguise for the union, particularly if Labour look like winning comfortably.  They might not win many more seats up here but if they look like they might do well it could affect the vote share, which would spike the SNP's guns if they follow through on their one-line plebiscitary manifesto pledge.

52 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Stopping reading twitter was probably one of the better things I’ve done recently. 

Yeah it's a poison for the mind.

I read some things mostly from academics in certain subjects I have an interest in.

A much more serene existence

2 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Stopping reading twitter was probably one of the better things I’ve done recently. 

Pretty certain that I said Facebook etc would prove to be a cancer on society and incredibly harmful a decade ago. Social media is absolute rancid for the most part.

18 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Pretty certain that I said Facebook etc would prove to be a cancer on society and incredibly harmful a decade ago. Social media is absolute rancid for the most part.

To be fair I have earned advanced degrees in, Cosmology, political science, virology, epidemiology and Economics from Facebook.

we are so fu£*ed….   Never again should we make ourselves so dependent on another country for energy.

the Ruskies have us by the balls.   I see further restrictions on supply come winter driving wholesale price through the stratosphere.   Meltdown in Europe.

1 minute ago, Toepoke said:

😆

No climate science yet? You'll need to stick in there...

I'm doing that at a normal university, for some reason it's taking me much longer to get my qualifications that way though.

On 7/26/2022 at 10:39 PM, Malcolm said:

we are so fu£*ed….   Never again should we make ourselves so dependent on another country for energy.

the Ruskies have us by the balls.   I see further restrictions on supply come winter driving wholesale price through the stratosphere.   Meltdown in Europe.

We spend 8 years provoking an invasion of Ukraine. Then when we get it we implement idiotic sanctions which completely fuck our economies and strengthen Russia's. And by we I mean you, the tories. You have done this, it is a mess of your own creation. 

And let's just chuck in the NHS, you have deliberately ruined it and it is now broken. The tories have been in power for a long time and all of this is down to your gross mismanagement and shocking corruption. 

Britain is a broken country. And you cunts broke it, systematically. Blair was just as bent but with different backers. Truss Sunak WTF. And you don't even get a vote on it. I see the tories getting slaughtered at the next GE.

All Starmer has to do is present himself as a safe pair of hands, tory-lite.

Edited by thplinth