The news thread - Page 37 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Will he last the week?

Big day tomorrow, PMQs at lunchtime and then he’s in front of the Liaison Committee.   He’s already been on the phone to Zelensky today, odds on for a positive covid test tomorrow morning.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, exile said:

The second last paragraph is quite damning.
Cant imagine it was a particularly difficult decision for him right enough,  who on earth would want his job with the current economic situation.
The pound crashed below 1.20 today against the US dollar , almost below 1.19 at one point.  Not what you want with high inflation and oil at the current prices. 

Rishi Sunak has won a watch

He is off the hook for all the corruption & fraud he oversaw during the pandemic that cost us billions

11 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

He is off the hook for all the corruption & fraud he oversaw during the pandemic that cost us billions

Was my thinking when I read the news a few minutes ago. All of these fuckers should be investigated for fraud, what they have done over the last few years is absolutely scandalous.

12 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

And he can redeem some of his "Mr Nice Guy" image that he had been working so hard to cultivate prior to his troughing becoming public knowledge.

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

Yes. Me. He's good for Scottish Independence.

Beth Rugby reporting he still has support from the likes of Raab, Truss, Patel, Rees-Mogg, etc...

Liz Truss would be even better though - she's thick.  I don't just mean not-very-good-politician-promoted-above-her-ability thick, I mean genuinely duh duh thick. The woman's chappin!

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Agree, I doubt he has lost much sleep making this decision. Probably just waiting for the right moment. 

I think that an imminent change to the 1922 committee members could very well result in a change to the no confidence vote rules.

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/how-could-boris-johnson-be-ousted-as-pm-the-1922-committee-election-could-be-key-12641367

Tory MP Andrew Bridgen, who is an outspoken critic of the PM, has already said he will be a candidate, campaigning on a manifesto to change the rules to allow another confidence vote into Mr Johnson.

Penny Mordaunt is apparently the favourite to replace him, which I don't quite get, seeing as she has never held a particular prominent post in government. Maybe it's just because people can't stand the thought of any of the ones who have becoming PM!

If I was a Tory I'd be backing Jeremy Hunt. Bland, functional, moderate - everything BawJaws isn't. I reckon he'd stand a good chance of winning a GE against the also bland, moderate, functional Kier Starmer, since middle England tends to favour the devil it knows.

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

Penny Mordaunt is apparently the favourite to replace him, which I don't quite get, seeing as she has never held a particular prominent post in government. Maybe it's just because people can't stand the thought of any of the ones who have becoming PM!

Big Tits

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

The Gover has been noticeable by his absence...

newFile.jpg?quality=75&width=1200&auto=w

hes an evil little bastard 

The type of cunt who would encourage the staunch to turn violent if when Scotland got its independence

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

hes an evil little bastard 

The type of cunt who would encourage the staunch to turn violent if when Scotland got its independence

Even more odious than Johnson. Slime on legs.