Israel V Scotland - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Israel V Scotland

Caledonian Craig

Always the same, when we get a hint of momentum from the team we just revert to absolute abject p*sh. 1 step forward then 3 back. You just know the players don’t have it in them tonight to get anything out of this. 

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

There's some serious bed wetting going on here. We haven't been terrible or awful, we've wasted what chances we've had but we are far from terrible.

The goal was a bad one to lose from both mctominay and Marshall.

What game are you watching? After a decent first 15 minutes we have been totally outplayed. We could easily be 3-0 down.

I'm so sick of this. How can we play the same scrappy team so many times and still not have a clue how to play against them. Its the same story every time and we still back off them and let them play in the next one.

They must have improved their ranking spot by about 20 places just from playing us.

You'd think by now we'd have figured out how to play against Israel. 🤦‍♂️

I thought we started okay but since then we've been far, far too passive. There's no sense of urgency. Only one side looks like it wants to win this game, and it isn't us.

1 minute ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Absolutely not. Marshall got us to the Euros. 

Also it's not as big an error from Marshall than is being made out. The ball is travelling very fast.

Would be good to have Gordon and McGregor on the bench. 

I don't think we have actually played well since Serbia... 

I understand stevie needs to create an environment where players feel comfortable and is consistent but a few of the squad seem to be player that they have no fear of losing their squad spot for the euros. 

3 at the back is great for us against better teams but tonight we need to pin their full backs up the field and the 4 2 3 1 should do that. 

We can easily score 2 goals in 45min.

#believe 

2 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Absolutely not. Marshall got us to the Euros. 

Also it's not as big an error from Marshall than is being made out. The ball is travelling very fast.

JMcL or Craig Gordon would have done better there.

Marshall living off a pen save - but has cost us 2 goals in 2 games.

1 minute ago, scotlad said:

You'd think by now we'd have figured out how to play against Israel. 🤦‍♂️

I thought we started okay but since then we've been far, far too passive. There's no sense of urgency. Only one side looks like it wants to win this game, and it isn't us.

Deja vu all over again!

We need a plan, to include a substitution or two.

1 minute ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Nobody gives a fuck about Celtic.

Agree - but a 1/6 points after not denying he was interested doesn’t look good.

Eck got us to the play off - Clarke has been man bang average.