Israel V Scotland - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Israel V Scotland

Caledonian Craig

6 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

The thing I remember most about Israel is their right back. He seemed to have Robertson's number every time. However, I can't remember Tierney and Robertson playing together on the left before against them. I like the way it's working out. Teams peg Robertson back which only give Tierney space. Maybe we can start to see them as interchangeable at LB/CB?

Pretty sure they played together in the first game in Israel where we lost 2-1. Tierney now is an entirely different animal though.

I quite like the idea of them interchanging, keeps opponents on toes defensively and both are good enough to play left of a 3.

We definitely need to do something differently against them this time. They have decent strikers and may score a goal here so for me we need to be carrying a more consistent attacking threat than previous games. I’d go for 

Marshall 

Hendry, Hanley, KT

Fraser McTominay McGregor Armstrong Robbo

McGinn

Adams

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

It’s semi worrying Clarke saying this isn’t a must win. 

If we want to make the play offs it’s entirely a must win tonight. 

He has said its not must win, but he has also said he wants to and will play to win, this is just word play not to have his team give up regardless what happens today.  Mathematically there is so much possible and in that sense it is not "must win", in the world you and I live in it is "need to win", if we are falling behind it just adds more pressure onto the other three games against Denmark and Austria to make up the ground with maybe even 2 wins, and not drop points against anyone else - I don't think we can do that.

57 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Adams is a premiership level striker who plays every week in the premiership & scores goals in the premiership.

McBurnie is a championship level striker who sometimes plays in the premiership and isn’t good enough to score any goals in the premiership. 

Adams has only scored 4 more career EPL goals than the much maligned Oliver McBurnie.

In terms of scoring goals, their career totals seem to mirror each other. Neither are good in front of goal.

My 46th and final edit...

Marshall 

McKenna  -  Gallagher  -  Hanley

Hendry                                  Robertson 

McGregor  -  Tierney

McGinn

McTominay -  Christie

(Hendry has the pace, defensive abilities, the passing and physicality to be a good RWB. Tierney, in lieu of Jack, is in there because of his defensive abilities. He's as hard as nails. And he oozes class. McTominay up top because of his physicality, acceleration, dribbling. He is class. And, the main one, he is by far and away our best finisher. The position isn't new to him, either, as he played there a lot for Manchester United u23s)

15 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Adams has only scored 4 more career EPL goals than the much maligned Oliver McBurnie.

In terms of scoring goals, their career totals seem to mirror each other. Neither are good in front of goal.

Adams is streaks ahead as tonight will show. 

8 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Marshall 

McGregor  -  Tierney

McGinn

McTominay -  Christie

(Hendry has the pace, defensive abilities, the passing and physicality to be a good RWB. Tierney, in lieu of Jack, is in there because of his defensive abilities. He's as hard as nails. And he oozes class. McTominay up top because of his physicality, acceleration, dribbling. He is class. And, the main one, he is by far and away our best finisher. The position isn't new to him, either, as he played there a lot for Manchester United u23s)

Nice to see you noticed my advice about Hendry. You're welcome.

11 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Nice to see you noticed my advice about Hendry. You're welcome.

When?

I had him at RWB when I picked my XI team for the Austria match.

https://www.tamb.net/forum/index.php?/topic/15921-your-first-xi-vs-austria-assuming-theres-no-call-offs/&do=findComment&comment=637778

I didn't read your post. But if you suggested it, too, then I agree. :)

Edited by Taylor1996

Marshall

Hendry.      Hanley.      Tierney 

odonnel.              McGregor.                 Robertson

Mctominay.       Mcginn

Adam’s.       dykes

mcgregor to hold in front of Hendry and Hanley when we have the ball, everyone else going forward

49 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Marshall 

McGregor  -  Tierney

McGinn

McTominay -  Christie

Obviously you’re entitled to your option however that team has zero chance of being the team. Whilst I don’t doubt that tierney could play midfield and McTominay probably could play up front, we aren’t going to start shoehorning players into other positions when perfectly decent alternatives are available 

Marshall

Hendry        Hanley      Tierney 

O'donnell      McGregor   Mctominay    Robertson

Mcginn

Adams          Fraser

14 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Marshall

Hendry        Hanley      Tierney 

O'donnell      McGregor   Mctominay    Robertson

Mcginn

Adams          Fraser

I dont mind that at all. Only question is Christie? Hard to leave him out.. Feeling good about this match today. Come on the Bonnie Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

42 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I dont mind that at all. Only question is Christie? Hard to leave him out.. Feeling good about this match today. Come on the Bonnie Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

He put in a shift vs Austria. I think we often struggle when we don't freshen up the work horses in double headers. So would look to Fraser and Mcgregor to provide some fresh energy

1 hour ago, gonzohiggy said:

Obviously you’re entitled to your option however that team has zero chance of being the team. Whilst I don’t doubt that tierney could play midfield and McTominay probably could play up front, we aren’t going to start shoehorning players into other positions when perfectly decent alternatives are available 

Oh. There's zero percent chance of that being the team.

It would be interesting to see Tierney and McTominay playing there, though. McTominay is like Dykes, but far better. And Tierney, I honestly think could play anywhere without any time needed to adapt.

Not all players are adaptable, I mean, I wouldn't trust Gallagher in midfield, etc, but those two are top players.