Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 74 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

5 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Who Scored gave him a rating of 7.1 which is above average for an SPL player and means he has been above 7 in every game he has played a reasonable amount of time in.

He also managed a 6.4 in the 4 minutes he played against Kilmarnock which is close to impossible and a 6.7 for 20 minutes against Ross County.

Stephen O'Donnell's season average is 6.6

Good stats. His combo of pace and ability is exciting - is it mental if he plays in the Euro double header (he will start both games) that he could get a call up for the triple header!? 

28 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Good stats. His combo of pace and ability is exciting - is it mental if he plays in the Euro double header (he will start both games) that he could get a call up for the triple header!? 

Makes a lot of key passes too, so a bit of creativity won't won't go amiss 

9 hours ago, ProudScot said:

I mean you'd like to think either Patterson or Rooney would come in for Liam Palmer. Patterson a very promising start and Rooney bang in form.

On 2/27/2021 at 10:03 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

Only if he moves or Sheffield United change their formation.

He's getting typecast as a player you can stick up front a punt the ball at, that's not the way Barnsley and Swansea played him when he scored 31 goals in the Championship.

Unfortunately Scotland play in a similar way to Sheffield United so he is never going to look good for us.

Scotland are the Sheffield Utd. of international football.

Stuart McCall on the wireless last night suggesting it will be a midfield four of jack, mctominay, mcgregor and Mcginn.  Happy enough with that.  I think we go to the euros and sit in with a stodgy defensive line up with one up top and hit on the break.

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

Stuart McCall on the wireless last night suggesting it will be a midfield four of jack, mctominay, mcgregor and Mcginn.  Happy enough with that.  I think we go to the euros and sit in with a stodgy defensive line up with one up top and hit on the break.

In what formation? I’m not sure McGregor would be in my team. 

3 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

In what formation? I’m not sure McGregor would be in my team. 

Same. Depends on the formation but Jack, McTominay and McGinn I’d have ahead of McGregor. We need goals from midfield regardless of formation or who we pick. 

2 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

He was talking a 5-4-1 with jack at the base, Mcginn at the apex and mctominay and mcgregor right and left.  He did say mcgregors place was at risk.

With a striker up front not known for scoring many goals? (Dykes) Jeez, that would be brutal. There would be so much pressure on McGinn to create everything. I sincerely hope he is wrong.

Mcgregor should be on the bench to make way for superior players. There is no position you could put him where he'd be the best option.

Playing with 4 in midfield would limit our ability to high press which was one of the main factors to our good performance in Serbia. 

We should stick to 1 holding mid, 1 creative mid and 1 attacking mid with a support striker like Christie or Fraser who drops into midfield when we lose the ball and dont recover it quickly.

16 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Playing with 4 in midfield would limit our ability to high press which was one of the main factors to our good performance in Serbia. 

We should stick to 1 holding mid, 1 creative mid and 1 attacking mid with a support striker like Christie or Fraser who drops into midfield when we lose the ball and dont recover it quickly.

Stick with? I'm guessing you are referring to McGregor as the "creative mid". That is being very generous, and if that is meant to be his role, then he is failing at it.

In my eyes it is 2 holding midfielders, 1 creative midfielder, and a support striker, that we have been playing. Jack and McGregor were the 2 holding mids. But I'd swap them both for McTominay and McGinn. Thus allowing for 2 of Turnbull, Armstrong, Christie or Fraser to take up the other 2 attacking roles.

18 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Stick with? I'm guessing you are referring to McGregor as the "creative mid". That is being very generous, and if that is meant to be his role, then he is failing at it.

In my eyes it is 2 holding midfielders, 1 creative midfielder, and a support striker, that we have been playing. Jack and McGregor were the 2 holding mids. But I'd swap them both for McTominay and McGinn. Thus allowing for 2 of Turnbull, Armstrong, Christie or Fraser to take up the other 2 attacking roles.

Cant see him ever dropping both Jack and Mcgregor.