Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 69 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

On 2/22/2021 at 11:48 AM, Burj_Alba said:

Who is he going to replace at Ibrox Proud Scot to get into the first team?

Cant see him getting ahead of Hagi, Kent, Aribo etc anytime soon.

It's no who he will replace now, this first 6 months is about him bedding into rangers' style, training and the pressure that comes with that. This what happened with Kamara and others.

What I've seen from him, I've been impressed with. He seems to have very good close control and a quick turn of pace. At the weekend Wright and Aribo had this lovely interplay down the left late on (wasn't show on Sportscene but if the final pass came off it would've been a world class team goal). I'm not sure how well he'll do but so far he seems far more suited (& better) than Barker, Jones and Stewart to Rangers style of play.

Post pre season I think he will see a lot more action. I'm not sure if he'll have Kamara levels of success but I think he could be atleast a very good squad player.

I also think their is a chance Stephen Kelly makes it into the Rangers team next season. He has the same playstyle as the player Stephen Davis has become. A year learning from Davis, while playing the role of 4th choice CDM (Zungu atm) could be a good path for him, to eventually take over from Davis the season after.

4 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Are you talking about League one Liam?

I think some of the comments on here about Leeds fans opinions about him show just how hard it is to be objective watching your own team some times.

A lot of Man u fans will never rate McTominay no matter what he does, or I never rated Anya no matter what he did and there are even people who still won't rate McBurnie no matter how many goals he scores for Scotland

I think we would all love to see McBurnie scoring goals for Scotland. I doubt you would find anyone who doesn't want him to be successful for us. 

19 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Would say it boils down to how much loyalty Clarke will show to the players that haven't let him down yet, or to be blunt Declan Gallagher.

Yeh Gallaghers been a rock tbf.

Injuries and having three games to play will probably mean Cooper will start at least 1 game anyways. 

35 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Have you seen that his manager is saying it's crazy he's not been making the squad? 

Yes, as pointed out he wasn’t necessarily doing it when the previous squads were announced. I’m fairly sure he’ll be in the next one. I think Bates is playing pretty well, too, but I think Hanley more likely. 

12 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Early days but he's impressed me the few times I've seen him.

He must be good as Gerrard has gotten rid of the Scottish dead wood (Murphy, Docherty). 

Let's just hope he gets a few matches in till the end of the season.... if the SFA don't give him a lengthy ban.

Edited by Taylor1996