Prediction for upcoming matches: - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Prediction for upcoming matches:

Taylor1996

Scotland 2-1 israel

Czech 2-1scotland

Israel will be tough game and they have a couple of decent strikers while we have relatively weak centre backs so I don't see us keeping a clean sheet. I still think we have enough to beat them at home and our midfield players like mcginn and christie will be the difference. 

Czech Republic are a tough opponent and I can't see us winning that, alot of their squad play in serie a and the bundesliga. Their players also play for slavia prague who got to the qf of the europa league and the group stages of the champions league in the last couple of seasons.

Our midfield does look alot stronger but again this is just basing my opinion on the clubs they play for. Although they beat England they have lost to ni and Bulgaria so they have had mixed results. Given how poor we have been in recent years I am probably being more pessimistic about our chances. If we could start getting the best out of our players who despite the doom and gloom play for man u, arsenal and Liverpool then we should be capable of getting a result. If ni and Bulgaria can beat them then we should be looking to as well.

I won’t give a score prediction as they are pointless but I think we’ll beat Israel narrowly and either lose narrowly to the Czechs or sneak a draw. 

Depends how well the Czechs play though. They’ve lost to worse teams than us fairly recently I’m sure. 

28 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Surprised there's only one European team between us and the Czech's in the world rankings so no reason why we can't give them a game on the basis of that.

I'll go 2-2 and 2-2 to keep it simple.

Home draws are no use to us so I hope you’re wrong about tomorrow’s game. 

2-2 in the other match would be a decent result though. 

4 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I won’t give a score prediction as they are pointless but I think we’ll beat Israel narrowly and either lose narrowly to the Czechs or sneak a draw. 

Depends how well the Czechs play though. They’ve lost to worse teams than us fairly recently I’m sure. 

The point is to rub it in everyone's faces if youre right.

I guess the home advantage will be slightly negated on both matches. Will be interesting to see how that works out for Scotland. 

Israel’s squad looks fairly weak. Think we’d take a right back, a centre back and one of their strikers for our starting 11. 

Added to the fact that we played well against them last time out and that they’re not a good away team.

You’d have to be very pessimistic if you were to predict a Scotland loss. 

I’ll go for a 2-1 win. 

Against the Czechs, we’ll probably want to keep it tight. Probably a narrow loss or draw.

40 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

The point is to rub it in everyone's faces if youre right.

I guess the home advantage will be slightly negated on both matches. Will be interesting to see how that works out for Scotland. 

I never get it right so it’s still pointless for me. 😂

19 minutes ago, kiltedlegs said:

we could give our game plan away tonight.   I would say the 8th October mirror match to this is farrrrr more important.

lets play dumb tonight and lose silly goals etc...  pretend we are shyte etc. 

Yikes!

Mirth isn't really common in this part of the net. That comment will surely be met with dead eyes and confused emojis.

We don't have to pretend to be awful, though. 😉

Edited by Taylor1996

1 hour ago, kiltedlegs said:

we could give our game plan away tonight.   I would say the 8th October mirror match to this is farrrrr more important.

lets play dumb tonight and lose silly goals etc...  pretend we are shyte etc. 

Best thing to do is go out and pump them 3-0 tonight so they are shiting themselves come October. 

If only it was that easy. 

Tonight is hard to predict.  I think Israel have defenders and forwards that would walk into our team but our midfield should be much stronger than theirs.

I think we will struggle to keep a clean sheet and struggle to score, which is never a great start.  The lack of fans hurts us more than them and the lack of football for a lot of our better players won't help.  I think 1-1 is a likely outcome.

I'm more positive about the match against Czech Rep.  They obviously have big issues with covid and I can see us beating them.  2-1 would be my prediction.