Europa League 2020-21 - Page 15 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

5 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

To be fair, that is another cracking result in Europe.

I still think that come the new year there’ll be just a few points between you and Celtic but the big difference this season seems to be that Rangers aren’t relying purely on Morelos for their goals.

yeah, that was a major weak point for us last season, in that everything went through him. Much better shape this season and its showing with the goals spread out across the team.

Good to see some of the B team get a run out tonight. Zungu looks a

58 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

To be fair, that is another cracking result in Europe.

I still think that come the new year there’ll be just a few points between you and Celtic but the big difference this season seems to be that Rangers aren’t relying purely on Morelos for their goals.

Based on? Genuinely I can't see it.  

7 minutes ago, Debian said:

Based on? Genuinely I can't see it.  

I don’t know :-)) 

I think Celtic will start to find form and Rangers have got to have a dip. I reckon St Johnstone and Hibs will take points off Rangers and Celtic will win their games.

Based on current form and everything going on I know it sounds mad but it surely can’t be this easy for Rangers to stop the 10? Can it? 

Just now, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Booooooooooooom !!!!! We are back... 👊👊👊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

No kid.  You are oot 👉.  Did you think that the win tonight made you qualify?  At least the water cannons might no be out at Parkdeid on Sunday.  That would have killed two birds with the same stone right enough.  Stand on.

1 hour ago, Tiny Tim said:

I don’t know :-)) 

I think Celtic will start to find form and Rangers have got to have a dip. I reckon St Johnstone and Hibs will take points off Rangers and Celtic will win their games.

Based on current form and everything going on I know it sounds mad but it surely can’t be this easy for Rangers to stop the 10? Can it? 

It is inevitable but doesn't mean we have to. We didn't get out of 2nd gear tonight and turned over the Poles with a near second string.  

30 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I would rather draw Lille than AC Milan in next round so good result for Rangers imo.

Can i ask why? , lille skelped AC Milan 3-0 in the San siro they're also sitting 2nd in ligue 1,  2 points behind PSG having only lost 1 game this season in all competitions, they're players are worth more than celtic and rangers can hope to sell a so called star for, they're not some pishy wee team although you would like to portray that to detract from celtic getting a result, good luck to u, I hope rangers get lille aswell

1 minute ago, jcs said:

Can i ask why? , lille skelped AC Milan 3-0 in the San siro they're also sitting 2nd in ligue 1,  2 points behind PSG having only lost 1 game this season in all competitions, they're players are worth more than celtic and rangers can hope to sell a so called star for, they're not some pishy wee team although you would like to portray that to detract from celtic getting a result, good luck to u, I hope rangers get lille aswell

No answer to that mate.  It is only my opinion.  Celtic played well tonight but Lille needed to win to win the group.  AC Milan did the business and Lille didnt. My opinion only.

12 minutes ago, jcs said:

Based on the way we both play, I would rather face Lillie than AC Milan at the moment. We would be underdogs whoever we played (and we obvioulsy cant get AC Milan now). I have only seen Lillie play a full 90 once this season, and the second half the game against Lyon, though, plus highlights of the games against Celtic.

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

No kid.  You are oot 👉.  Did you think that the win tonight made you qualify?  At least the water cannons might no be out at Parkdeid on Sunday.  That would have killed two birds with the same stone right enough.  Stand on.

Of course I know we are out. I was talking about a WIN in Europe against one of the best sides in the world. If we had of played this way from the start, we would have easily topped this group.  I was screaming for Turnbull, and look what happened. 10IAR is comin boyo...Stand On.....

4 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

David Turnbull having a cracking game for Celtic. The boy is a player.

I have been saying first ages now to give this young man a run. Its not easy when Scott Brown is the captain and owns this position, but there comes a time when you have to change the guard so to speak. Turnbull is the real deal, he is gonnae be a big part of Celtic and Scotland in the future, and sooner rather than later I would hope..

Just now, kumnio said:

Turnbull and Brown don’t play in the same position. 

When have you ever seen Turnbull and Brown on at the same time. Turnbull is Browns successor.. He is more attacking minded than Brown.. Hey, I'm no genius, but from what I saw tonight, against a top Eurooean side that had the group winners on the line, was very positive. Celtic are a different side with Turnbull on instead of Brown...

16 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

When have you ever seen Turnbull and Brown on at the same time. Turnbull is Browns successor.. He is more attacking minded than Brown.. Hey, I'm no genius, but from what I saw tonight, against a top Eurooean side that had the group winners on the line, was very positive. Celtic are a different side with Turnbull on instead of Brown...

Is that first sentence meant to be taken seriously? Turnbull is an attacking midfielder, Brown is a holding midfielder, they can easily play in the same team, as two very different roles. 

6 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Of course I know we are out. I was talking about a WIN in Europe against one of the best sides in the world. If we had of played this way from the start, we would have easily topped this group.  I was screaming for Turnbull, and look what happened. 10IAR is comin boyo...Stand On.....

Ha ha, good good man 👍

Great achievement winning that group. We’re being coached and managed superbly. Some point there will be a dip so that will be a test for Gerrard. Winning that group is massive. There are a few teams I want to avoid and Lille is one of them. However with a bit of luck in the draw we have a chance if progressing further. 

Nice to see the manager finally drop the old guard and his outdated 'systems'. Still not convinced about Duffy or Klimala but they did OK, the rest were excellent. 

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

Great achievement winning that group. We’re being coached and managed superbly. Some point there will be a dip so that will be a test for Gerrard. Winning that group is massive. There are a few teams I want to avoid and Lille is one of them. However with a bit of luck in the draw we have a chance if progressing further. 

Rangers, generally under Gérard have been excellent in Europe. If they can avoid Salzburg I can see them having a right good run here 👍

8 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

The scary thing is, you probably believe that statement. 

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

Maybe Rangers won’t have a dip in league, only test they will have is in Europe 

9 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Let's no get carried away here.  It was a good win for Celtic with some impressive performances but Lille are a long way away from being one of the best sides in the world!