Europa League 2020-21 - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

10 minutes ago, stirlish said:

I only live here, I'm not from here.

Kelso is a nice wee place, I take a run there now and again.  In fact I might be going there today.  Good butchers there for steak pie.  Been to the school a few times for meetings.  I am not from the borders either but it is a nice place with the rolling hills and all that 👍

2 hours ago, stirlish said:

and in a match that should have been abandoned as the ball wasn't running freely.

Another world record gone!

What does anybody from Kelso know about football?  You should be following the egg should you not?

3 hours ago, stirlish said:

and in a match that should have been abandoned as the ball wasn't running freely.

Another world record gone!

Put the idiot on ignore please.

He probably wants another star 🌟 on the jersey for that goal 😜

12 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Don't know why you are so bigoted Mr Thistle.  Surely there must be a boar that does all the anti Rangers/protestant  stuff for you?  This is a Tartan Army Board.  No place for bigots against any team, faith or colour.  No?

I make no secret at all that I fucking hate Rangers. 

Please provide some evidence that I am anti-Protestant. 

4 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Ehm, let me think.  Away and walk down your nearest motorway with your sash on.  Nah, that's no bigoted at all kid is it?  Looney Toon.

I don't think so no.

You could be wearing a nice green, purple, red, blue or pink sash for all I know.

53 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Hate is not a good thing kid.  Read some Robert Burns poems.  Start with A mans a man.  Love will always overcome hate.  Stand on.

Nah, I prefer the much superior Philip Larkin.

"This Be The Verse"

"They fuck you up, your mum and dad.   
    They may not mean to, but they do.   
They fill you with the faults they had
    And add some extra, just for you.

But they were fucked up in their turn
    By fools in old-style hats and coats,   
Who half the time were soppy-stern
    And half at one another’s throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
    It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
    And don’t have any kids yourself.
"

It's hard to argue with any of that.

3 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Nah, I prefer the much superior Philip Larkin.

"This Be The Verse"

"They fuck you up, your mum and dad.   
    They may not mean to, but they do.   
They fill you with the faults they had
    And add some extra, just for you.

But they were fucked up in their turn
    By fools in old-style hats and coats,   
Who half the time were soppy-stern
    And half at one another’s throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
    It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
    And don’t have any kids yourself.
"

It's hard to argue with any of that.

That is quite good Thistle.  I love poetry.  My dad died a few weeks back and he was a great Burns man as were my grandfathers.  The one lesson he taught me was never to be bigoted and I never have pal.  Neither was Burns. (no Tommy!).  I may be a Rangers fan but don't like bigotry as I wasn't brought up like that.  Hatred divides.  Rivarly is a great thing in football.  But not hate.  Kid.

Who wrote this? (on the Glenlivet btw and looking forward to the Edinburgh derby).

The rose of all the world is not for me, I want for my part.

Just the little white rose of Scotland, that smells sharp and deep.

And breaks your heart.

3 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

That is quite good Thistle.  I love poetry.  My dad died a few weeks back and he was a great Burns man as were my grandfathers.  The one lesson he taught me was never to be bigoted and I never have pal.  Neither was Burns. (no Tommy!).  I may be a Rangers fan but don't like bigotry as I wasn't brought up like that.  Hatred divides.  Rivarly is a great thing in football.  But not hate.  Kid.

Who wrote this? (on the Glenlivet btw and looking forward to the Edinburgh derby).

The rose of all the world is not for me, I want for my part.

Just the little white rose of Scotland, that smells sharp and deep.

And breaks your heart.

C. M. Grieve aka Hugh MacDiarmid.

Some of his work is very good and inspiring however he also wrote a lot of work that is frankly terrible, and borders on being gibberish at times.

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

C. M. Grieve aka Hugh MacDiarmid.

Some of his work is very good and inspiring however he also wrote a lot of work that is frankly terrible, and borders on being gibberish at times.

Aye, but that one is my favourite.  Always brings a tear to my eye.  Who wrote this one and I genuinley dont know.  May have been Burns but not sure.

May the best you have ever been be the best you will ever be.

Never let a mousey ever leave your ingle with a tear drap in its ee.

Canny mind who wrote that.

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

You are wrong btw.  It was McGonnigal.

No, whilst MacDiarmid did write some interesting things like "A Drunk Man Looks At The Thistle" and "The Water Gaw", he also wrote a lot of unintelligible rubbish and late in his life was also proven to be a serial plagiarist.

4 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

No, whilst MacDiarmid did write some interesting things like "A Drunk Man Looks At The Thistle" and "The Water Gaw", he also wrote a lot of unintelligible rubbish and late in his life was also proven to be a serial plagiarist.

Just checked and you are correct.  I always thought that McGonnigal (if that/s how you spell it) wrote that.  Aye, every day is a school day!  The Tay the Tay the silvery Tay.  It flows from Perth to Dundee.  Awe day.  Please don't tell me Mcgonnigal never wrote that.

A few people playing the man and not the baw here. RH is right in saying the goal midweek, as impressive a strike as it was, shouldn’t have stood as the ball was still moving. The ref was yards away as well so not sure what he was thinking. Roofe’s goal was better regardless as he won the ball on the edge of his own box, shrugged off 2 tackles, beat a man and dug it out on that pitch, as opposed to “just” pinging it from 50 odd yards. 

On 10/31/2020 at 6:44 AM, Rolling hIlls said:

Not giving two hoots but I played at the highest level (with Armadale) and the ball needs to be statioarywhentaking a free kick.  So it shouldn't have stood.  Is that correct sir?

Must have been before my time when they played in the top scottish league

On 11/1/2020 at 11:18 AM, Rolling hIlls said:

Read it and weep kid.  We played Rangers once in the cup at Volunteer Park, Armadale.  I will expect an apology by reply 👉

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armadale_F.C.

Apology for what, you clearly never played for them between 1921-1932 so you never played for them at the top level you biffkin