Coronavirus - Page 361 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

2 minutes ago, phart said:

Nice one! Fixed a lot quicker this time.

Definitely. This woman at my surgery didn't fuck around. She got my records from both countries and pretty much told the vaccine centre to get it sorted.

How many times do they need to 'fix' it though... once should have done it. I reckon in 20 years time when you are going for your 37th booster it will still be needing 'fixed' every time. Having a jab in Scotland and England is the kind of unforeseen complexity the IT system will never be able to cope with.Ā šŸ˜€

7 minutes ago, thplinth said:

How many times do they need to 'fix' it though... once should have done it. I reckon in 20 years time when you are going for your 37th booster it will still be needing 'fixed' every time. Having a jab in Scotland and England is the kind of unforeseen complexity the IT system will never be able to cope with.Ā šŸ˜€

Lots I would reckon - similar to the flu vaccine. You might be low-balling at 37 mind, if current rates are anything to go by.Ā 

England hits new absolute record, although not exact same conditions as before. This is already charted on a log graph and it looks like it needs to be charted on a log graph, London seems to be scaling it so high.

We haven't hit our record in Scotland yet, still about 1k off that I see although a shit tonne of testing. I wonder if/when we'll top out testing capacity.

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

GET BOOSTED NOW

This Boris's new slogan

Sort of a bit late now. This is going right through the population extremely fast. Not sure how many effective boosts can be done before we're on the downside of the wave.

Guess we'll find out.

5 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Lots I would reckon - similar to the flu vaccine. You might be low-balling at 37 mind, if current rates are anything to go by.Ā 

If I need 37 jabs to protect me, so be it.Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, phart said:

Sort of a bit late now. This is going right through the population extremely fast. Not sure how many effective boosts can be done before we're on the downside of the wave.

Guess we'll find out.

I was expecting some sort of lockdown from bojo but according to bojo the hospitalizations are down.Ā 

Nearly two years into this and youā€™d think the journalists might actually have a bit of clue what is going on and would ask questions that actually make some sense but no. Ā Michael Blackley from the Daily Mail btw.

Ā 

7 minutes ago, aaid said:

Nearly two years into this and youā€™d think the journalists might actually have a bit of clue what is going on and would ask questions that actually make some sense but no. Ā Michael Blackley from the Daily Mail btw.

Ā 

I've been asking for Nicola to say more stuff like this since the start of the pandemic. Explain what an independent Scotland could have done differently and why. I'm glad she has now started. Is she doing it because she is getting annoyed at stupid journalists? Or, could this be the start of the referendum campaign?

Ā 

36 minutes ago, aaid said:

Ā 

šŸ˜‚ I've often wondered how she keeps her cool at these briefings - this just goes to show everyone has their breaking point!

Daily Mail 'journalist' obviously knows fine well but asks anyway to just to recast it back on her 'inaction' and get a rise which he does successfully.Ā The only reason she spoke slightly harshly to the DM twat is he was making her look bad.Ā You are clutching at straws thinking this is the start of anything.

Sturgeon already said Boris / WM must approve any indyref.

She also said no indyref until after COVID (lol, good one).

I think that then got extended further, to until after we get over COVID and recover from the economic effects of COVID as well.

To suddenly start making the case for independence now ' in the middle of a pandemic!!' after keep schtum for seven years ain't gonna happen. Too scared of being accused of exploiting the pandemic and / or being accused of being reckless holding one during a 'national emergency' blah blah blah...

She has painted herself into about three separate corners here. Not taking any chances.Ā šŸ˜€

Edited by thplinth

32 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Daily Mail 'journalist' obviously knows fine well but asks anyway to just to recast it back on her 'inaction' and get a rise which he does successfully.Ā The only reason she spoke slightly harshly to the DM twat is he was making her look bad.Ā You are clutching at straws thinking this is the start of anything.

Sturgeon already said Boris / WM must approve any indyref.

She also said no indyref until after COVID (lol, good one).

I think that then got extended further, to until after we get over COVID and recover from the economic effects of COVID as well.

To suddenly start making the case for independence now ' in the middle of a pandemic!!' after keep schtum for seven years ain't gonna happen. Too scared of being accused of exploiting the pandemic and / or being accused of being reckless holding one during a 'national emergency' blah blah blah...

She has painted herself into about three separate corners here. Not taking any chances.Ā šŸ˜€

Can she be in three separate corners at one time?Ā 

Maybe she is in the middle of a triangle?

6 hours ago, thplinth said:

Daily Mail 'journalist' obviously knows fine well but asks anyway to just to recast it back on her 'inaction' and get a rise which he does successfully.Ā The only reason she spoke slightly harshly to the DM twat is he was making her look bad.Ā 

Ā 

šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£