Coronavirus - Page 365 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

10 hours ago, phart said:

There isn't enough info yet about severity.

South Africa has a totally different age profile which is one of the main indicators of severe outcome.

I haven't the foggiest idea what the best course is to chart through this. Lockdowns move the peak rather than eliminate the peak, it's also probably too late, we're already at testing capacity so reported cases are no longer accurate.

Talking about celebrity dentists is just rhetoric as well, the head of Denmarks covid team is stating the same thing about cases there.

Denmark's projections show the wave so fully inundating the country, that even a lessened strain will deliver an unprecedented blow.

Scientists caution that the knowledge of omicron remains imprecise. Denmark's virus modelers have many scenarios, not just one. But even in a middle-of-the-road scenario, Danish hospitals will soon face a daily flow of patients several times beyond what they've previously seen.

"This will overwhelm hospitals," Grove Krause said. "I don't have any doubt about it."

They will shut down some things, not full lockdown. Bars etc are being restricted in several countries.

Netherlands enforced a lockdown

Chris Witty also saying the same sort of thing.

Let's look at Whitty's credentials: BA in Physiology, DSc in medical science, BM BCh in Medicine, DTM&H in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, MSc in Epidemiology, LLM in Medical Law, MBA, DipEcon in Economics. Consultant doctor, Chief Scientific Advisor, Chief Medical Officer, Professor, researcher.

If there is a literal choice between letting hospitality go to the wall or let the NHS collapse. Are folk seriously advocating sacrificing the health service to keep hospitality industry solvent? The government should be funding them instead like the countries above are doing.

There is no good choices in this. It's not some parochial political thing, it's a 20 month long global event.

The celebrity dentist comments are childish beyond belief and confirm one thing, thank fook we have a celebrity dentist in charge than the google experts that think they know everything.

You are right, there has to be additional funding for hospitality.

Edited by TDYER63

10 hours ago, King Of Paisley said:

This isnt just about not being able to go for a pint. Its our entire civil liberties that are on the line

8 hours ago, King Of Paisley said:

Completely over the top

I would've thought OTT would've been you're thing considering your post at the top.

If the NHS was properly funded, would we be talking of lock downs?

I suggest we focus our anger on our health services being underfunded and slowly being chipped away at by the Tories and private companies.

I read the other day that rishi sunak was in America having meetings about the NHS, it was on twitter so possibly bullshit but what if it wasn't?

6 minutes ago, chaff said:

I suggest we focus our anger on our health services being underfunded and slowly being chipped away at by the Tories and private companies.

I read the other day that rishi sunak was in America having meetings about the NHS, it was on twitter so possibly bullshit but what if it wasn't?

The Tories will use COVID as a reason for further privatisation of the NHS. No doubt about that. Lots of money available there to fill their cronies pockets ever further. 

7 minutes ago, chaff said:

Underfunding is definitely a fundemental problem. However it would take years to fix it. We have to make decisions with regards to how the NHS is atm.

Other much better funded health services like Norway and the Denmark are imposing restrictions on hospitality anyway(in the context of the current debate), Both also have similiar/better vaccine coverage as well.

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

The Tories will use COVID as a reason for further privatisation of the NHS. No doubt about that. Lots of money available there to fill their cronies pockets ever further. 

Yeah it's being carved up, also by Labour people as well I linked a report on all the MP's taking consulting money from companies involved in the American private health care system.

We saw all this play out over the centuries as countries looked for new markets goegraphically and now looking for new markets in health care geographics. All the same tactics and tricks.

Piers Corbyn (brother of Jeremy) arrested for inciting a riot / violence / arson.

When you have someone like Piers Corbyn basically advocating for rebellion you know something has gone very wrong. 

Personally I think it is long overdue and I think it is coming. I am amazed it has not kicked off already but I think a lot of it is underreported (especially abroad), they don't want to fan the flames in anyway...

And if riots do start I think they will be different to anything that has gone before. If you have soft sacks of shit like Piers Corbyn and myself up for it then I think they would be well attended. 😀

edit: won't happen in Scotland but, we are too domesticated.

Edited by thplinth

Fuck maybe the Rapture has happened and Scotty is in heaven with all the HGV drivers... this would explain the shortages. None of you have noticed anything because you are all sinners. It would also explain the motley crew left over on here these days... 😀

Letter in the Lancet.

COVID-19: stigmatising the unvaccinated is not justified

In the USA and Germany, high-level officials have used the term pandemic of the unvaccinated, suggesting that people who have been vaccinated are not relevant in the epidemiology of COVID-19. Officials’ use of this phrase might have encouraged one scientist to claim that “the unvaccinated threaten the vaccinated for COVID-19”.1 But this view is far too simple.

There is increasing evidence that vaccinated individuals continue to have a relevant role in transmission. In Massachusetts, USA, a total of 469 new COVID-19 cases were detected during various events in July, 2021, and 346 (74%) of these cases were in people who were fully or partly vaccinated, 274 (79%) of whom were symptomatic. Cycle threshold values were similarly low between people who were fully vaccinated (median 22·8) and people who were unvaccinated, not fully vaccinated, or whose vaccination status was unknown (median 21·5), indicating a high viral load even among people who were fully vaccinated.2 In the USA, a total of 10 262 COVID-19 cases were reported in vaccinated people by April 30, 2021, of whom 2725 (26·6%) were asymptomatic, 995 (9·7%) were hospitalised, and 160 (1·6%) died.3 In Germany, 55·4% of symptomatic COVID-19 cases in patients aged 60 years or older were in fully vaccinated individuals,4 and this proportion is increasing each week. In Münster, Germany, new cases of COVID-19 occurred in at least 85 (22%) of 380 people who were fully vaccinated or who had recovered from COVID-19 and who attended a nightclub.5 People who are vaccinated have a lower risk of severe disease but are still a relevant part of the pandemic. It is therefore wrong and dangerous to speak of a pandemic of the unvaccinated. Historically, both the USA and Germany have engendered negative experiences by stigmatising parts of the population for their skin colour or religion. I call on high-level officials and scientists to stop the inappropriate stigmatisation of unvaccinated people, who include our patients, colleagues, and other fellow citizens, and to put extra effort into bringing society together.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)02243-1/fulltext

It is not just dangerous it is downright dishonest as well.

Anyone see the tweet by another Piers... Morgan this time... about not treating unvaccinated football players for injuries. 😀

Edited by thplinth

18 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

So she's potentially looking to stop people gathering in large numbers, the hospitality industry is an easy target because people tend to gather in large numbers at this time of year in pubs and clubs. She's looking for a financial package to help that industry. 

Sounds like the right thing to do to me 

If you were to rank every sector of the economy in terms of the level of risk of transmission in the work environment and also importance in maintaining a functioning society in the face of a pandemic then hospitality would be towards the top of the former and towards the bottom of the latter, it’s high risk/low importance.  It should be no surprise that it’s the first sector to be shut down and last to open up.

That said, there should be adequate support to the sector. 

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

Fuck maybe the Rapture has happened and Scotty is in heaven with all the HGV drivers... this would explain the shortages. None of you have noticed anything because you are all sinners. It would also explain the motley crew left over on here these days... 😀

Imagine him floating up and seeing the curvature of the earth? 

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

The celebrity dentist comments are childish beyond belief and confirm one thing, thank fook we have a celebrity dentist in charge than the google experts that think they know everything.

You are right, there has to be additional funding for hospitality.

He is utterly horrendous. I listened to him on a phone in where there were people saying they medically couldn't have certain vaccines and their GP hadn't even been able to help them get access to an alternative. He was downright patronising and rude and basically suggested she and her GP were wrong.

Then yesterday he tied himself in knots over the Deacon Blue cancellation. I rejected back on his comments about the Stereophonics gig before the first lockdown which was followed by gaff after gaff.

He talks to people like they a 5 years old.

42 minutes ago, chaff said:

Imagine him floating up and seeing the curvature of the earth? 

😀 See, this is the sort of cheekiness that explains why you did not get raptured.

So what you planning on doing for the end of times. Thinking I might start smoking again. Maybe jump into a volcano.

2 hours ago, Lamia said:

He is utterly horrendous. I listened to him on a phone in where there were people saying they medically couldn't have certain vaccines and their GP hadn't even been able to help them get access to an alternative. He was downright patronising and rude and basically suggested she and her GP were wrong.

Then yesterday he tied himself in knots over the Deacon Blue cancellation. I rejected back on his comments about the Stereophonics gig before the first lockdown which was followed by gaff after gaff.

i can't listen to him. He does 360s constantly. 

Says one thing then the opposite minutes later.  

Him and Janey Godley were the voices of covid protection in scotland at one point. No wonder some folk do as they please, natural instinct when you hear either of them was to turn the channel! 

2 hours ago, Lamia said:

I was referring to the ‘celebrity dentist’ tag which is petty.  
Some folk will find him condescending others will find the fact he speaks in basic language refreshing.

Like N Sturgeon’s briefings,  I never listen to them,  so have no opinion on him.  

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I was referring to the ‘celebrity dentist’ tag which is petty.  
Some folk will find him condescending others will find the fact he speaks in basic language refreshing.

Like N Sturgeon’s briefings,  I never listen to them,  so have no opinion on him.  

My opinion was formed right at the start of Covid where it was clear he was clueless.

I had heard him being condescending but recently he has been downright rude.

Edited by Lamia

“Dr. Joseph Goebbels wrote that ‘A lie told once remains a lie, but a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth.’ Tragically for humanity, there are many, many untruths emanating from Fauci and his minions. RFK Jr. exposes the decades of lies.” —Luc Montagnier, Nobel laureate

“Bobby Kennedy is one of the bravest and most uncompromisingly honest people I’ve ever met. Someday he’ll get credit for it. In the meantime, read this book.” —Tucker Carlson

“Throughout history, fear has been used to manipulate and control populations. In a democracy, we have the privilege and responsibility to question the things we are encouraged to fear. Robert F. Kennedy Jr. provides something denied to most Americans in recent years: the opportunity to hear more than one perspective. You can accept or reject the new information in this book—but at least listen.” —Gavin de Becker, bestselling author of The Gift of Fear

“As a trial lawyer, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has taken on the world’s most powerful corporations and held them accountable for harming people and the environment. Those companies denied any wrongdoing—but time and again, judges and juries were persuaded that Kennedy’s position was the right one. [His] information should always be considered, and agree or disagree, we all learn from listening.” —Tony Robbins, bestselling author

“Bobby Kennedy and I famously disagree about many aspects of the current debates surrounding Covid and vaccines. We also disagree about Dr Fauci. But I always learn when I read or hear Bobby’s take. So read this book and challenge its conclusions.” —Alan Dershowitz

“Kennedy’s book proves beyond a shadow of doubt what many Americans have come to learn about Fauci: that he has stifled open debate to the point of utter stagnation of biomedical science.” —James Lyons-Weiler, biomedical research scientist

“If you’ve ever wondered why so many good scientists and doctors have been silenced for discoveries that don’t fit the mainstream Big Pharma narrative, look no further than Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s tour de force exposé of Anthony Fauci.” —Christiane Northrup, MD, former assistant clinical professor of Ob/Gyn, University of Vermont College of Medicine

“I thought I understood what was going on from an insider POV . . . But what this book clearly documents are the deeper forces and systemic, pervasive governmental corruption, that have led us to this point. . . .” —Robert W. Malone, MD, virologist, immunologist, molecular biologist

“If you have any interest in doing a deep dive into the more than 100-year history of what led up to the COVID-19 pandemic, The Real Anthony Fauci is an absolute must-read. In addition to exposing Fauci, the book reveals the complex web of connections between Gates and Big Pharma and many of the most important players that were responsible for seeking to implement global tyranny and profit enormously from the propaganda behind the COVID injections, masks, and lockdowns.” —Dr. Joseph Mercola, founder of Mercola.com

“[T]his book unveils the astonishing, twisted truth about a man (Fauci) and a corrupt institution (NIH) that have betrayed humanity at every turn in order to achieve profits and power. If the American people knew the truth that’s documented here, they would be marching by the millions, demanding criminal prosecutions of all those who are complicit.” —Mike Adams, founder of NaturalNews.com

“It is impossible to read Kennedy’s book on Anthony Fauci without your jaw dropping to the floor. . . . It is a shocking tale of greed, corruption, and malpractice at the highest levels of government. Once Americans wake up from their hopefully brief infatuation with medical tyranny, this little Josef Stalin of medicine will go down in history as the country’s most corrupt government servant.” —Rob Schneider

“RFK Jr.’s story of Fauci’s failure as the government’s AIDS coordinator is a highly disturbing prologue to his COVID mandate as head of NIAID. So, who is Dr. Fauci in the end? Has American medicine truly become a ‘racket,’ as corrupt as a mafia organization? . . . RFK Jr. has written a strong, strong book.” —Oliver Stone, award-winning director, producer, and screenwriter

“As I read Kennedy’s book I thought a discreet and thorough criminal investigation into Fauci should occur. . . . It brought back memories of criminal bid-rigging schemes conducted by Organized Crime.” —Mike Campi, former FBI agent and retired coordinator of the Organized Crime branch of the New York Division

“RFK Jr. is a tireless champion of Americans’ rights to be informed about their medical choices and has been way out front in warning us of the dangers of an out-of-control pharmaceutical industry.” —Naomi Wolf, bestselling author The Beauty Myth, Give Me Liberty, and Outrages

“The revelations in this book are disturbing and shocking, exposing how our political system and government agencies can be compromised, and how the mainstream media are being used to manipulate and control our everyday existence. . . .” —Randy Jackson, award-winning musician and producer

The Real Anthony Fauci is available on Kindle for peanuts. The above are the reviews at the start…

Edited by thplinth

I reckon the 27th December restrictions will hit us down here

Feels very much like last year where the government leaked stories to the press about potential restrictions then they hit us with the news of lockdown.

I hope I'm wrong 

21 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I reckon the 27th December restrictions will hit us down here

Feels very much like last year where the government leaked stories to the press about potential restrictions then they hit us with the news of lockdown.

I hope I'm wrong 

I think it'll be the same in Scotland. 27th Dec.