Coronavirus - Page 360 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

It is not like the pandemic started 6 weeks ago and it was too late to get out of the conference or much better yet just doing it online. By the time COPS26 hit town we were getting on for 2 years into a pandemic.

Not only would have been easy to do it online it would have saved an absolute heap of private jets and diesel generators (sorry electric cars) spewing out vast amounts of CO2.

But noooo they all wanted to glad-hand each other, enjoy their massive jolly, and shaft us at the same time while achieving the sum of fuck all.

It is staggering really. Rules for thee but not for me.

Edited by thplinth

6 minutes ago, thplinth said:

It is not like the pandemic started 6 weeks ago and it was too late to get out of the conference or much better yet just doing it online. By the time COPS26 hit town we were getting on for 2 years into a pandemic.

Not only would have been easy to do it online it would have saved an absolute heap of private jets and diesel generators (sorry electric cars) spewing out vast amounts of CO2.

But noooo they all wanted to glad-hand each other, enjoy their massive jolly, and shaft us at the same time while achieving the sum of fuck all.

It is staggering really. Rules for thee but not for me.

Exactly, just one reason why folk will bend the rules as and when they see fit from now on.Ā 

I've been working from home since last March but Leonardo Di Caprio etc can't do a speech online!

59 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

"3117 new cases today. 110 confirmed as Omicron. "

"Omicron makes up 27.5% of cases in Scotland "

Sorry Nicola, but those numbers don't tally up. You need to explain yourself better than that, hen.

probably difference between s drop out and sequencing.

14 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Exactly, just one reason why folk will bend the rules as and when they see fit from now on.Ā 

I've been working from home since last March but Leonardo Di Caprio etc can't do a speech online!

say what you want, but the fact that Leonardo di caprio was in Glasgow personally makes me want to recycle more.

2 minutes ago, 86glebestreet said:

Anyone checked their NHS covid status and it says your covid status is no longer valid, if so is there any reason for it

Itā€™s because your booster hasnā€™t been added yet. Youā€™ll always have an non-valid Covid status every time youā€™re due a booster.Ā 
Ā 

Theyā€™ve got you.Ā 

4 minutes ago, phart said:

Need it to travel I guess. It's also my medical record so good to have it, not a huge deal i'm sure.

Being in Germany was an eye opener in how these things work.

I doubt we'll ever go down the route of enforcing masks and asking for proof of vaccination.

Ā 

Is that a good or bad thing, I don't know

Booked booster yesterday, for today.

Got to say the place was running like a well-oiled machine. All 3 times I've been, I've thought as much.Ā  Considering the logistics involved the Government and the NHS have done well with these vaccine roll-outs. And the public have done well to respond to them.Ā 

I snobbishly and outlandishly found myself thinking...no wonder we won the bloody war*Ā šŸ˜‚.Ā 

WWII obvs, not any others.Ā 

6 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Itā€™s because your booster hasnā€™t been added yet. Youā€™ll always have an non-valid Covid status every time youā€™re due a booster.Ā 
Ā 

Theyā€™ve got you.Ā 

Not really. Wouldnt fancy being unvaccinated and trying to get into Austria for a play off final though!