Coronavirus - Page 359 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

Just now, bonzo said:

Lockdown lite by the end of the week?

I think that will depend on hospital cases. We have something like 96% prevalence on antibodies in the population due to vaccination and infection, if that translates to less severe outcomes we might be alright, all depends on what % of cases go to hospitlisation.

Without vaccines or high infection prevalence it would be pretty scary.

18 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Good luck getting everyone boosted. Wont even let me book mine (my age bracket not an option) despite what that clown said last night.

A lot of the NHS are saying they only found out about the booster program when we did last night.

this si replicated across the country.

15 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Good luck getting everyone boosted. Wont even let me book mine (my age bracket not an option) despite what that clown said last night.

You can get one if you are 40 or over in Scotland at present.Ā 

30-39 year olds can book one from 1000 today. If the system can cope?šŸ˜‰

22 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Wonder who are taking up the beds as there's less than 600 in scotland in hospital with COVID (either normal beds or ICU)

There is a lot of bed blocking going on. Folk who are ready to go home but social services are struggling to get care packages in place quickly enough. It's not a new problem, but getting worse because of the pandemic. Brexit is probably having an impact as well on the number of care workers that are available.

11 hours ago, phart said:

A lot of the NHS are saying they only found out about the booster program when we did last night.

this si replicated across the country.

I wonder when the devolved nations governments knew?

Here we go again.

I can't book my booster jab because I had the 1st vaccine in England and 2nd in Scotland.Ā 

My surgery entirely make an exception even though they are the only medical facility who have both records on file.

My only choice is a walk in centre 2 hours away with a 6 hour queue. YaaaayĀ 

Well done boris you useless waste of space, get everyone booster jabbed without the actual facilities go do it.Ā 

Ā