Season 19/20 - Page 28 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

12 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Another shocker for the Ref tonight. Dykes should be off for 2 yellows and Helander not even blown for a foul in one of the clearest last man red cards you’ll see 

Don’t remember dykes having 2 yellow card worthy tackles?

Helander one is a definite red, ref has bottled it.

46 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

The high boot before the yellow. 

Aribo had to have 20 stitches in a head wound from the elbow. That was a red card in itself. 

Helander should have been sent off too. 

Ref was piss poor tonight. 

Edit - Souda should also have been off. Yellow for an elbow then 2 minutes later an obvious dive in the box. 

Edited by RenfrewBlue

6 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Aribo had to have 20 stitches in a head wound from the elbow. That was a red card in itself. 

Helander should have been sent off too. 

Ref was piss poor tonight. 

Edit - Souda should also have been off. Yellow for an elbow then 2 minutes later an obvious dive in the box. 

The Aribo one was accidental, nobody needed four replays to come to that conclusion. A yellow for dangerous play at worst, despite the injury to the player.

Agree with the rest of your post.

Stenhousemuir appoint Davie Irons as permanent manager. Irons had stepped in as a caretaker but then declared himself available for the position as his work circumstances now allow him a job in football again. He did well when he was at Ochilview before. Hopefully something similar this time - looking forward to seeing a bit better style of football and the team climbing up the League Two table a bit. 

9 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

The Aribo one was accidental, nobody needed four replays to come to that conclusion. A yellow for dangerous play at worst, despite the injury to the player.

I was of the same opinion on initial viewing but he leads with the elbow on Morelos then does the same thing on Aribo. Whilst I don't think he was trying to "do" Aribo, it was recklessly endangering an opponent which is a red card. 

9 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Shite

Negative

No plan B

Curtis Main

Losing terrible goals

Scared to attack

No imagination

But hey, we won a cup 5 years ago and stopped rangers winning any last season

Aberdeen FC are a fucking disgrace. 

I think this is the beginning of the end for Mcinnes at AFC, I don't think he has done a bad job during his time here but the cracks are beginning to show and he doesn't seem willing to employ a different system. 

Time to freshen things up before its too late.

9 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Shite

Negative

No plan B

Curtis Main

Losing terrible goals

Scared to attack

No imagination

But hey, we won a cup 5 years ago and stopped rangers winning any last season

Aberdeen FC are a fucking disgrace. 

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I think this is the beginning of the end for Mcinnes at AFC, I don't think he has done a bad job during his time here but the cracks are beginning to show and he doesn't seem willing to employ a different system. 

Time to freshen things up before its too late.

Any thoughts on who you would like to see managing Aberdeen when  McInnes eventually departs ?

I think he'll see out this season with youse but will resign at the end of it.

11 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Any thoughts on who you would like to see managing Aberdeen when  McInnes eventually departs ?

I think he'll see out this season with youse but will resign at the end of it.

He may not get the opportunity to resign, he held on last season because we got to a final, a semi final, both of which we lost to Celtic. 4th is an absolute bare minimum for a team like Aberdeen. 

We are out of a tournament which is one of our only realistic chances of winning already. If you look at that result alone, losing to hearts on penalties away isn't disastrous but the alarm bells are ringing because of the performances this season. If the performances continue the sae way, crowds will drop even further, thats when Milne and Cormack will need to take action

I have no idea who we should go for as manager, Its a gamble either way for a club like ours. Getting someone with a proven record at a decent level is almost impossible so it will have to be a punt on an up and coming manager

Edited by vanderark14

14 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

He may not get the opportunity to resign, he held on last season because we got to a final, a semi final, both of which we lost to Celtic. 4th is an absolute bare minimum for a team like Aberdeen. 

We are out of a tournament which is one of our only realistic chances of winning already. If you look at that result alone, losing to hearts on penalties away isn't disastrous but the alarm bells are ringing because of the performances this season. If the performances continue the sae way, crowds will drop even further, thats when Milne and Cormack will need to take action

I have no idea who we should go for as manager, Its a gamble either way for a club like ours. Getting someone with a proven record at a decent level is almost impossible so it will have to be a punt on an up and coming manager

Here's to the Kris Boyd and Kris Commons Dandies dream team :cheers3:

12 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Think it was a yellow card.

Could say it was reckless/careless but he didn’t swing an elbow at him, just had his arm up for leverage and caught Aribo. So not violent conduct or serious foul play in my opinion.

I think you need to be careful to not punish the consequences, but the action. Aribo is unfortunate.

Hope the Livi boy doesn’t get the full Ryan Bowman/ Cardoso witch hunt, but instead gets the Cardoso/ moult or McCulloch/Cummins treatment (you don’t remember the week of press about the other 2? 😂 ).

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Think it was a yellow card.

Could say it was reckless/careless but he didn’t swing an elbow at him, just had his arm up for leverage and caught Aribo. So not violent conduct or serious foul play in my opinion.

I think you need to be careful to not punish the consequences, but the action. Aribo is unfortunate.

Hope the Livi boy doesn’t get the full Ryan Bowman/ Cardoso witch hunt, but instead gets the Cardoso/ moult or McCulloch/Cummins treatment (you don’t remember the week of press about the other 2? 😂 ).

I haven't seen anyone suggesting the Livi player did anything deliberately, it was just very careless, especially as he'd literally just done the same thing to Morelos. 

It was however very reckless. 

We were shite against a bunch of hammer throwers.  When we scored so early, I thought it would then be a great game, as Livi couldn't do their normal 10 men behind the ball.  But, had to watch two shite team performances for the rest of the game.  Lots of chances though, for both.  Worst we have played in 2019.  Sheep cunts will batter us on Saturday if we play like that.

34 minutes ago, Emoji said:

We were shite against a bunch of hammer throwers.  When we scored so early, I thought it would then be a great game, as Livi couldn't do their normal 10 men behind the ball.  But, had to watch two shite team performances for the rest of the game.  Lots of chances though, for both.  Worst we have played in 2019.  Sheep cunts will batter us on Saturday if we play like that.

Sheep cunts? Really? Where’s the need in that? Why so much bile?