Season 19/20 - Page 27 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

15 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Linesman has to be 100% certain to give a goal, despite only having a fraction of a second of evidence. 

Hopefully soon a goal decision system will be cheap enough to be used in our league, it's made a huge difference. 

Have to say, it looked over from where we were sitting. Ref was clearly saying he wasnt sure to the players. Obviously has to rely on the linesman.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I've seen an angle where the whole ball was across the line and by a decent margin. 

Then it was a dodgy angle as the camera looking along the goal line shows the ball behind the post and therefore not fully over the line. It's not even close. 

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

With respect RB, you said the officials had a good game.

The evidence demonstrates comprehensively that they had nothing of the kind.

They got 1 of the 3 big decisions obviously wrong. The other one was a very difficult decision because of the speed and angles of movement. 

Admittedly its probably because their standards are so low that I think this is good. 🤔

6 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

The officials had a shocker. Missed a stonewall penalty from 5 yards, St Johnstone had the ball over the line and Defoe was offside at the 4th goal. Stunningly poor officiating. 

Is the pen the handball shout?

If so, the ball coming up off the boys thigh first makes it the correct decision not to award a pen.

18 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Then it was a dodgy angle as the camera looking along the goal line shows the ball behind the post and therefore not fully over the line. It's not even close. 

Correct.  There is an angle that it looks like it is well over though, which was the first one the TV showed.  But along the line view, it wasn't over the line.

Not sure of the exact new rules regarding the pen, but I'm led to believe it wasn't a pen.

Defoe was off side.

They were still getting pumped regardless.

21 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Heard a bit on the radio, and that seemed to be the radio Scotland take on it.

ie Rangers deserves to win and the favourable decisions late on just put a gloss on it.

I can only talk for the games I go to watch, I rarely watch others full games, but the refs are shite almost every game in our games, both for and against us.  No point discussing them every week, I think most would agree they are shite.  But, I think only big decision wrong was Defoe offside and thats not the refs fault.  Handball and goaline incident were correct.

16 minutes ago, Emoji said:

I can only talk for the games I go to watch, I rarely watch others full games, but the refs are shite almost every game in our games, both for and against us.  No point discussing them every week, I think most would agree they are shite.  But, I think only big decision wrong was Defoe offside and thats not the refs fault.  Handball and goaline incident were correct.

I suppose the moment you stop bringing up and discussing the errors is the moment you are happy to accept the standard on offer.

1 hour ago, Emoji said:

Can’t disagree with that.

Inconsistency is the real annoyance for me. They can’t even be consistent across 90 minutes, let alone week to week.

Mate of mine at McDiarmid last Saturday. Saints held an impeccable silence for Ricksen then have the applause later. All totally respectful. Then as soon as it’s over the filth start pumping out about Catholics dying.
Mate’s lassie is a ballgirl also and the whole game she was subjected to the usual from them. Something he has said he is taking up with the club.

Horrible, horrible vermin that lot. Utter scum. Nothing changes. 

11 hours ago, WCTA said:

Mate of mine at McDiarmid last Saturday. Saints held an impeccable silence for Ricksen then have the applause later. All totally respectful. Then as soon as it’s over the filth start pumping out about Catholics dying.
Mate’s lassie is a ballgirl also and the whole game she was subjected to the usual from them. Something he has said he is taking up with the club.

What is ‘the usual’ this wee girl got?

12 hours ago, WCTA said:

I watched the game and I didn't hear anything untoward, although to be fair I tend not to be listening to the crowd noises. 

If anyone has either verbally or physically attacked or intimidated the ball girl then please report it to both clubs and the Police. Idiots that do stuff like this shouldn't be near a football ground. Scumbags are an embarrassment to the human race. 

On 9/24/2019 at 10:56 AM, Tartan_McCole said:

I suppose the moment you stop bringing up and discussing the errors is the moment you are happy to accept the standard on offer.

You dad on.  Bores me discussing it every week.  If you think thats accepting it, good for you !!!!!

4 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

No, not at all.

He resigned/was replaced for non-football reasons.

In that case I have been misinformed :ok:

What were the circumstances surrounding his exit the first time ?

I see that Alan Archibald has returned to Firhill to be his assistant.

Is there any truth that the (now separated) Weir's are nonetheless still going to try and buy the club ?

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

In that case I have been misinformed :ok:

What were the circumstances surrounding his exit the first time ?

I see that Alan Archibald has returned to Firhill to be his assistant.

Is there any truth that the (now separated) Weir's are nonetheless still going to try and buy the club ?

Gambling addiction first time round wasn’t it? Apologies if I’m wrong with that 🙈

49 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Gambling addiction first time round wasn’t it? Apologies if I’m wrong with that 🙈

Allegedly it was something of that nature.

No idea what's happening around the ownership of the club. There's a lot of conjecture, but nothing in the way of substance at the moment.

However the club AGM is tomorrow, so maybe there could be more white smoke from the Firhill lum to follow Ian McCall's reappointment?

Edited by Barney Rubble

22 hours ago, WCTA said:

Rangers fans do this week in week out. The majority of them. The SFA do nothing and in my book, by extension, are supporters of sectarianism. 

It is all getting very boring now. Same reports week in week out. Nothing changes. 

1 minute ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Rangers fans do this week in week out. The majority of them. The SFA do nothing and in my book, by extension, are supporters of sectarianism. 

It is all getting very boring now. Same reports week in week out. Nothing changes. 

Apparently though we are all meant to just turn down the tele according to Renfrew. 

On 9/24/2019 at 12:19 PM, sbcmfc said:

Can’t disagree with that.

Inconsistency is the real annoyance for me. They can’t even be consistent across 90 minutes, let alone week to week.

They need to be full time. It is mental that we expect them to turn up on a saturday, absolutely.cunted from working all week and put in a consistent performance. 

The fact we even thought about VAR alongiside a bunch of part timers was/is mental. When are they going to have the time to learn how.to.use it!?