Europa League 19/20 - Page 46 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa League 19/20

6 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Who are Robertson and savoury? Are they quite promising? Asked one of my Celtic mates and he wasn't sure who they were lol

Dont know much about them mate, but Robertson is Scottish, that much I know. Must be worth a watch if he getting a game..

8 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Wonder if Parklife will come on to congratulate??  Get it round ye son.  A wee provincial side who got lucky with a manager who was an ex Ranger (just like the current one) Get it round ye kid.  Rangers and Glenlivet forever.

Its daft quoting a troll, but you're one sad fuck.

Your team has just qualified for the next round of games, something they have never done before, but your thoughts arent happiness, its about some bloke you've never met, on an internet board. Seriously man, thats incredibly fucked up, and way beyond sad.

53 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Its daft quoting a troll, but you're one sad fuck.

Your team has just qualified for the next round of games, something they have never done before, but your thoughts arent happiness, its about some bloke you've never met, on an internet board. Seriously man, thats incredibly fucked up, and way beyond sad.

Its non surprise, he doesnt just troll people on here. He trolls them on facebook too. 

Hes a sad pathetic piece of shit. 

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

I think we did well to get out of that group when you consider we came into it as 4th seeds. Last night was a typical Rangers performance of late. Utterly dominant for most of the game then we morphed into a lack of self belief. 

Taking 1 point off Young boys, who were absolute dog shit, and getting through on the points you took off feyenoord and Porto is a strange way to do it, but I’m sure you’d have taken it. Ultimately a successful campaign.

Rangers should’ve won that last night (and got at least a draw over there). Saw nothing last night that strikes fear into me ahead of your visit to Fir Park on Sunday.

Aribo is dreadful, Kent was all but anonymous, your centre halves look like they can be got at and Rangers looked pretty knackered as the game went on but Gerrard scared to change it.

Was very impressed with Morelos to be fair to him, ran all night, but lacked support from midfield and was left to do it himself too often.

Young Boys genuinely didn’t look much better then Livi. 😂

On 12/13/2019 at 9:50 AM, sbcmfc said:

Aribo is dreadful, Kent was all but anonymous, your centre halves look like they can be got at and Rangers looked pretty knackered as the game went on but Gerrard scared to change it.

Was very impressed with Morelos to be fair to him, ran all night, but lacked support from midfield and was left to do it himself too often.

Cold light of day stuff, but that was actually one of Aribos better games. Completly dropped off after the start of the season. Kent needs to get involved a lot more, and we lack options to change stuff from the bench.

Obviously a hard group to get out of (and pleased about it) but over the last two european campaigns I'd hardly say we have faced a top european side in the group stages (or even an decent side, on a good run of form). For example, look at where the teams we played in Europe last season alll finished in their respective leagues.

Ba humbug, etc.

On 12/13/2019 at 7:04 AM, EddardStark said:

I think we did well to get out of that group when you consider we came into it as 4th seeds. Last night was a typical Rangers performance of late. Utterly dominant for most of the game then we morphed into a lack of self belief. 

I’m no lover of Rangers 😂 , but its hard to argue with that. On paper at least that was a pretty tough group, certainly compared to some of the others. 

18 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Copenhagen v Celtic

Rangers v Braga

Probably couldn't have picked better games for them, got to have a great chance to get through.

Definitely could have been a lot worse for us in that we could have had the likes of Arsenal, Man U, Inter Milan etc however despite being 9th in the Portuguese league Braga topped their Europa group taking 4 points off Wolves in the process so won't be any mugs.

9 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Both old firm sides will go through with a bit to spare I think.

Celtic should easily dispatch Copenhagen, they haven't been great in Europe and are second in their league (by 4 points) to a team rangers beat 7-3 over 2 legs

https://mobile.twitter.com/owenjamesbrown/status/1206639659801034758?s=12

Braga despite doing poor in their league are flying in the Europa League. Drew with and beat wolves, beat besiktas home and away and are unbeaten. It will be a lot harder than people think

4 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

^ agree with that.

They've both drawn teams who want to be in the Europa League and will prioritise it.

No matches are easy at this stage for Celtic.  It could have been worse but I think we have a chance.  

We need key players fit and to make sure we don't weaken ourselves in January.  

20 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I see it’s an open draw in the last 16, so Rangers and Celtic could pay each other if they both went through.

😂

Would mean playing each other Thursday-Sunday-thursday. 😱

This round I think we play Braga at 8pm on the Thursday, St Johnstone at 12pm on the Sunday, then Braga at 5pm on the Wednesday. Squad game these day, innit'

• 2 months later...

Big decisions for Lennon tonight. i mentioned a few weeks ago thats he's dropped Ntcham for most of the big games and I wouldn't be surprised if he does the same tonight. Personally, I'd stick with the three at the back given Frimpongs lack of game time and replace Griffiths with Christie. My concern is he will make more changes than is required and try and shoe in Christie, Elyanoussi and Frimpong.

I also suspect Hayes will play over Bolingoli, which is where we are at the moment in that position. If Edouard plays as he has been then we've got a right good chance.