The Mighty Celtic... - Page 179 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

2 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

I like things like that. A bit like playing Cluedo. It’s not always who you think it is though, some people just join in for a laugh.

Remember the first rep system about 12 years ago? I think there was a like and dislike button and any dislikes negated the likes. Sorry if I’m wrong here but I’m sure it was phart that mucked around with it giving certain posters dislikes whatever they posted. The mods eventually removed it.

I remember the like and dislike buttons. It's a pity anyone feels the need to have mulipte logins. It's beyond me how anyone gets off on it. 

6 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

I like things like that. A bit like playing Cluedo. It’s not always who you think it is though, some people just join in for a laugh.

Remember the first rep system about 12 years ago? I think there was a like and dislike button and any dislikes negated the likes. Sorry if I’m wrong here but I’m sure it was phart that mucked around with it giving certain posters dislikes whatever they posted. The mods eventually removed it.

It just seems weird and very stalkerish. They’re for the watching really. 

56 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Chripper is definitely one of them but everyone knows that. I can't say I've looked into it like TT.

Everyone know it?

Fine. Which are the other logins? Since you're all knowing.

No one has multiple logins. To think such a think is paranoid.

There ARE stalkers, though. Someone is targeting my posts by leaving confused and laughing emojis.

I've emailed a mod about the emoji thing. Apparently, they cant disable them.

Edited by Taylor1996

It's easy to see the point of targeting a person with emojis.

It's to make them stop posting.

That might work in other boards (pie and bovril being one), as in those types of boards peoples reps can go into the minuses and that might annoy people. But here, all these people are doing is making me look popular.

As I keep saying, though, it's only a tiny percentage of people here who are weirdos. 

Edited by Taylor1996

27 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Everyone know it?

Fine. Which are the other logins? Since you're all knowing.

No one has multiple logins. To think such a think is paranoid.

There ARE stalkers, though. Someone is targeting my posts by leaving confused and laughing emojis.

I've emailed a mod about the emoji thing. Apparently, they cant disable 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

You've had your current username since 2018, since then you've been at least two more usernames. 

29 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

You've had your current username since 2018, since then you've been at least two more usernames. 

Go on, who else am I?

Notice that I'm not accusing you of emoji bombing my posts? It might be you, but I have no proof. I don't make allegations without proof.

Edited by Taylor1996

Logged on for the first time in a while and see that the exact same bonkers arguments are still ongoing 😂. Although the emoji one does seem to be new. Why does anyone give a toss enough about that to get worked up about it? Messaging mods because people are giving them confused faces... 😂 Great stuff. 

Anyway, I'd expect a very comfortable win for Celtic tomorrow. A slow limp to the end of the season is in store for Aberdeen. With 4 of our 10 remaining games vs Celtic and/or Rangers, I can't see us even getting close to catching Hibs. A season in which 2nd was there very much for the taking, we'll likely finish 4th (& possibly 5th).

McInnes hanging on for a payoff of his inflated contract, while claiming he loves the club more than any supporter. He's been an excellent manager for Aberdeen but his stubbornness and god-awful football for most of the past 3 seasons will see his reputation very much tarnished with the Aberdeen fans. 

41 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Logged on for the first time in a while and see that the exact same bonkers arguments are still ongoing 😂. Although the emoji one does seem to be new. Why does anyone give a toss enough about that to get worked up about it? Messaging mods because people are giving them confused faces... 😂 Great stuff. 

Anyway, I'd expect a very comfortable win for Celtic tomorrow. A slow limp to the end of the season is in store for Aberdeen. With 4 of our 10 remaining games vs Celtic and/or Rangers, I can't see us even getting close to catching Hibs. A season in which 2nd was there very much for the taking, we'll likely finish 4th (& possibly 5th).

McInnes hanging on for a payoff of his inflated contract, while claiming he loves the club more than any supporter. He's been an excellent manager for Aberdeen but his stubbornness and god-awful football for most of the past 3 seasons will see his reputation very much tarnished with the Aberdeen fans. 

McInnes is reminiscent of McCoist who proclaimed his love for the club whilst picking up £900k a year as the club was hurtling again towards administration in the second tier. I think McInnes is trying to play more attacking football but the concept is alien to him and hence the struggle to score a goal - he thinks it is solely down to the strikers and not the set-up. 

Relegation battle more interesting. I used to want Hamilton to get relegated every season as didn't think they brought anything to the league bar a plastic pitch. The appointment of someone like Brian Rice reinforced my opinion - however every time I have seen Hamilton play I have been impressed with their style of play and endeavour. Completely take back my earlier assessment and Anderson looks like being a key player for them which links this point to the Aberdeen/McInnes point given he is with a team/manager that gets the best out of him. 

Bringing this post back on topic, I wonder if Celtic pick up some form, though invariably will finish second, whether Lennon will get another crack at it? I fail to see what is in it for Lennon and what his motivation now is (after losing the 10IAR) but it is pretty apparent that he wants to stay. Bizarre imo.

49 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Not enough Celtic in this thread, please go to the toys out of the pram thread as par the new rules 😂

Stick around Parkie, the board could do with someone who actually knows how to have a discussion without wetting the bed

You're right about Mcinnes and Aberdeen, I reckon we will finish 5th, you can rule out the games against the OF because he shits himself just thinking about them,

4 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

McInnes is reminiscent of McCoist who proclaimed his love for the club whilst picking up £900k a year as the club was hurtling again towards administration in the second tier. I think McInnes is trying to play more attacking football but the concept is alien to him and hence the struggle to score a goal - he thinks it is solely down to the strikers and not the set-up. 

Relegation battle more interesting. I used to want Hamilton to get relegated every season as didn't think they brought anything to the league bar a plastic pitch. The appointment of someone like Brian Rice reinforced my opinion - however every time I have seen Hamilton play I have been impressed with their style of play and endeavour. Completely take back my earlier assessment and Anderson looks like being a key player for them which links this point to the Aberdeen/McInnes point given he is with a team/manager that gets the best out of him. 

Bringing this post back on topic, I wonder if Celtic pick up some form, though invariably will finish second, whether Lennon will get another crack at it? I fail to see what is in it for Lennon and what his motivation now is (after losing the 10IAR) but it is pretty apparent that he wants to stay. Bizarre imo.

Lennon has more than burned his bridge for me, his arrogance and selfishness in derailing not just 10IAR, but the embarrassment he has brought on my club is unforgivable.. Its almost like he feels untouchable in his position at Celtic, ie- I'll do what I want, my job is safe.. I blame the board, he never should have been placed in charge in the first place..  I don't care if Celtic win every match till the end of the season comfortably, I want him out... As far as the Aberdeen match, who knows how we will play. 2 Shite overinflated egotistical managers going head to head with clubs in  complete shambles, should be interesting to say the least....

6 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

When Mcinnes has let the attacking players off the leash Aberdeen were a far better & attractive team to watch, problem is Mcinnes see’s football like a chess game, overly tactical & a battle of football intellect with opposing managers so reverts to the mind numbing pish we’ve endured far to often.

3 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

When Mcinnes has let the attacking players off the leash Aberdeen were a far better & attractive team to watch, problem is Mcinnes see’s football like a chess game, overly tactical & a battle of football intellect with opposing managers so reverts to the mind numbing pish we’ve endured far to often.

Atleast McNinnes tries to be tactical with other managers.. Lennon hasn't a fuckin clue. If a manager makes a substitution, or changes his formation, Lennon has hasnae a fuckin scooby how to counter it.. Its mind boggling....

34 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Lennon has more than burned his bridge for me, his arrogance and selfishness in derailing not just 10IAR, but the embarrassment he has brought on my club is unforgivable.. Its almost like he feels untouchable in his position at Celtic, ie- I'll do what I want, my job is safe.. I blame the board, he never should have been placed in charge in the first place..  I don't care if Celtic win every match till the end of the season comfortably, I want him out... As far as the Aberdeen match, who knows how we will play. 2 Shite overinflated egotistical managers going head to head with clubs in  complete shambles, should be interesting to say the least....

It won’t be, Celtic will win at least 4-0

At the risk of being hounded as usual Ramy.  Lennon hasn't lost Celtic 10.  Rangers (eventually) will have won it on merit.  They have hardly lost  a goal nor a game this season.  I know you are looking for someone to blame along with the goon brigade.  But the fact is that Rangers have improved 100 fold and have a balance to the side.  That is not Lennon's fault. I agree Celtic need change now but every team goes through that.  You have had a one horse race for too long my friend.  The tide has turned.  Up to the Celtic board to react.

33 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

At the risk of being hounded as usual Ramy.  Lennon hasn't lost Celtic 10.  Rangers (eventually) will have won it on merit.  They have hardly lost  a goal nor a game this season.  I know you are looking for someone to blame along with the goon brigade.  But the fact is that Rangers have improved 100 fold and have a balance to the side.  That is not Lennon's fault. I agree Celtic need change now but every team goes through that.  You have had a one horse race for too long my friend.  The tide has turned.  Up to the Celtic board to react.

You, just like Ramy, are only looking at one side. Rangers have improved & been very consistent. However celtic have regressed massively. Celtic were on course for 101 points last season, this season theyre on track for 83. A huge drop off.

Rangers are on track for 103 this season. A huge increase but Celtic fans have every right to be frustrated at their own sides steep regression.