The Mighty Celtic... - Page 183 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

And VA, Parkie and DD.  I don't think it is impossiible for Aberdeen to come back again.  Yes, Rangers have been exceptional this season but a good manager and some decent funding Aberdeen, Hibs etc could still come back to challenge in seasons to come.  Not being condescending at all.  Look at Rangers in the last couple of games.  Better mention Celtic before Ramy goes aff his nut.  Celtic aren't that far in front of other teams either.  They remind me of Rangers a couple of seasons ago when Rangers relied on Morellos.  Celtic now rely on Eduard and if it wasnt for him at the weekend they would have struggled.  Anyway, c'mon the dandys toniight.

7 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

:sing: "Love of my life,

You've hurt me... "

Re: The confused emoticons...

- RH started taking about Freddie Mercury in "Ramy's thread".

- Ramy was getting p*ssed off that things were going off topic in "his thread".

- I quoted lyrics from a song from 'A Night At The Opera' reflecting that although Ramy loves the TAMB, it can also be a source of frustration for him.

(Pretty straightforward, really.)

7 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Really? 

Wouldn't you like to at least beat Sevco just once this season?

And FTR, you haven't beaten either this season AND IT'S THE MIDDLE OF FEBRUARY!!!

How's this one confusing?

Celtic got beat 1-0 and 2-0 by Sevco, and drew 3-3 with Aberdeen.

Celtic has yet to beat Sevco or Aberdeen this season.

(Just sayin')

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Re: The confused emoticons...

- RH started taking about Freddie Mercury in "Ramy's thread".

- Ramy was getting p*ssed off that things were going off topic in "his thread".

- I quoted lyrics from a song from 'A Night At The Opera' reflecting that although Ramy loves the TAMB, it can also be a source of frustration for him.

(Pretty straightforward, really.)

It was Gordon Strachan.  I used it as an analogy about top managers like Ferguson about some people having a presence.  Not the kind of presence that you think of on a voodoo board 😃

9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Fair point. 😂

I’ve been quite enjoying the Wednesday night 6pm KOs 🍻

Made allowances for the conditions, but it wasn’t pretty, some good signs in the Celtic game and some positive results against County and United. Alexander has a decent CV as far as I can see, although perhaps the brand of football is why things turn so quickly? Robinson had a dreadful habit of just “bringing in bodies” so you also need to make some allowances for that squad.

If you take the accies game out we’ve taken a point off Rangers, been unlucky not to get a draw with an improving Celtic and lost to Aberdeen, but beaten Ross County, Dundee United and Killie. Compared to the relegation form we were in, it’s better.m, I’ll worry about our style next season.

Jeez I'd forgotten the Aberdeen performance, that could have been 5 or 6 if not for our keeper. The one positive January signing so far. The others have been a bit strange (I'll exempt the injured Lawless from that). This playing narrow and allowing crosses tactic is also hard to fathom out. 

Och I'll try and be more positive, I promise. 👍

Edited by Och Aye

16 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Jeez I'd forgotten the Aberdeen performance, that could have been 5 or 6 if not for our keeper. The one positive January signing so far. The others have been a bit strange (I'll exempt the injured Lawless from that). This playing narrow and allowing crosses tactic is also hard to fathom out. 

Och I'll try and be more positive, I promise. 👍

Please keep to topic.  You are deliberatly sending Ramy in to apoplexy by posting non celtic stuff on his Celtic thread. That is not fair on a man who is not right.  So stop it.

19 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Good luck to Lenny and the Bhoys tonight. Another kicking for the sheep... HH

Got to agree Ramy, as a sheep I am dreading tonight, probably be at least 3-0 Celtic.

If Aberdeen did get near to something tonight or even score a goal it will surely show how bad Celtic have become.

11 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

Got to agree Ramy, as a sheep I am dreading tonight, probably be at least 3-0 Celtic.

If Aberdeen did get near to something tonight or even score a goal it will surely show how bad Celtic have become.

If we go two more matches without scoring, I believe that is some sort of SPL record, is it?

1 hour ago, robbo cop said:

Your alright in ma book mate..I hope we pump you lot for the obvious. 😄😄

1 hour ago, robbo cop said:

You shouldn't underestimate how incompetent our manager is. Just a few days ago, in an attempt to scatter some praise the way of his opposite number Callum Davidson he praised Saints run of form, singling out Stevie May as enjoying a bit of a renaissance...... the same Stevie May who had started just 2 of their last 10 games 🙈

43 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I know I could look this up but is it at Pittodrie or Parkhead?

Celtic Park. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

If we go two more matches without scoring, I believe that is some sort of SPL record, is it?

Yeah. Think we overtake Derek McInnes' St Johnstone 😂

51 minutes ago, slasher said:

You shouldn't underestimate how incompetent our manager is. Just a few days ago, in an attempt to scatter some praise the way of his opposite number Callum Davidson he praised Saints run of form, singling out Stevie May as enjoying a bit of a renaissance...... the same Stevie May who had started just 2 of their last 10 games 🙈

Bit worrying about the Stevie May comment, he needs to learn that sometimes silence really is golden.

14 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

Bit worrying about the Stevie May comment, he needs to learn that sometimes silence really is golden.

Yes, if only he would shut up. Unfortunately since then he has claimed that there are mitigating factors for our failure this season but he cannot tell us what they are as they must remain secret! So there we are, we are now in 'a big boy did it and ran away' territory. 

Look out for him earmarking Sam Cosgrove as a big threat later tonight 😂

14 minutes ago, slasher said:

Yes, if only he would shut up. Unfortunately since then he has claimed that there are mitigating factors for our failure this season but he cannot tell us what they are as they must remain secret! So there we are, we are now in 'a big boy did it and ran away' territory. 

Look out for him earmarking Sam Cosgrove as a big threat later tonight 😂

Aye, would be some shot if he scored from Birmingham.🤣