The Mighty Celtic... - Page 180 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

36 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

At the risk of being hounded as usual Ramy.  Lennon hasn't lost Celtic 10.  Rangers (eventually) will have won it on merit.  They have hardly lost  a goal nor a game this season.  I know you are looking for someone to blame along with the goon brigade.  But the fact is that Rangers have improved 100 fold and have a balance to the side.  That is not Lennon's fault. I agree Celtic need change now but every team goes through that.  You have had a one horse race for too long my friend.  The tide has turned.  Up to the Celtic board to react.

I am off to work, but I will leave you with this. The huns have improved big time. They have a manager that tactically knows what he is doing and has players that want to play for him. It's working. They have made some good signings, but at the same time, as much as they have improved, they have had a wee bit luck on their side. The last Celtic v huns match, we played you off the park. McGregor, a red card, and an own goal are the reason you never got pumped 4 or 5 nil.. The points gap would have been down to 4 points, instead it went to 10. Lennon then lost the plot and Celtic collapsed. I still believe Celtic have more talent, but you have a settled manager that has his team moving in the right direction. Had Celtic had a manager that knew what he was doing, and was tactically efficient, I do believe Celtic would have won the league, it would be very close, but Inbelieve we would have won it. Yes, Lennon is to blame.. Have your mob even had a penalty against you this season? Just my opinion RH, off to work now in this bloody snow storm... Enjoy the day.....

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You, just like Ramy, are only looking at one side. Rangers have improved & been very consistent. However celtic have regressed massively. Celtic were on course for 101 points last season, this season theyre on track for 83. A huge drop off.

Rangers are on track for 103 this season. A huge increase but Celtic fans have every right to be frustrated at their own sides steep regression. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You, just like Ramy, are only looking at one side. Rangers have improved & been very consistent. However celtic have regressed massively. Celtic were on course for 101 points last season, this season theyre on track for 83. A huge drop off.

Rangers are on track for 103 this season. A huge increase but Celtic fans have every right to be frustrated at their own sides steep regression. 

Yes I agree to a certain extent .  But at the end of the day if Rangers had not improved so much Celtic would still be top.  And Lennon would be a hero for making the 10.  My point is Rangers have improved a lot.  Yes, Celtic have regressed I agree.  Good to see you back.  Would you get rid of mcIness?

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I am off to work, but I will leave you with this. The huns have improved big time. They have a manager that tactically knows what he is doing and has players that want to play for him. It's working. They have made some good signings, but at the same time, as much as they have improved, they have had a wee bit luck on their side. The last Celtic v huns match, we played you off the park. McGregor, a red card, and an own goal are the reason you never got pumped 4 or 5 nil.. The points gap would have been down to 4 points, instead it went to 10. Lennon then lost the plot and Celtic collapsed. I still believe Celtic have more talent, but you have a settled manager that has his team moving in the right direction. Had Celtic had a manager that knew what he was doing, and was tactically efficient, I do believe Celtic would have won the league, it would be very close, but Inbelieve we would have won it. Yes, Lennon is to blame.. Have your mob even had a penalty against you this season? Just my opinion RH, off to work now in this bloody snow storm... Enjoy the day.....

You too pal.  I believe Rangers have a better balanced squad though.  Celtic had to rely on Eduard to win at the weekend.  Rangers were the same two years ago with Morellos.  Rangers have two players for every position now and have a better balance IMO.  Enjoy your work.

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

I'd have done it 2.5 years ago. We've been regressing since the 2017 Cup Final. 

And yet he comes across well on TV.  But you guys know as watch them week in week out.  Maybe time for him and Lennon to move to England I suppose.  Who would you want for the Dons job.  I know people on here have slagged Ross County for Hughes.  But I think it is a good signing for them.  He might be a bit of a nutter but he is IMO a motivator.

2 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

And yet he comes across well on TV.  But you guys know as watch them week in week out.  Maybe time for him and Lennon to move to England I suppose.  Who would you want for the Dons job.  I know people on here have slagged Ross County for Hughes.  But I think it is a good signing for them.  He might be a bit of a nutter but he is IMO a motivator.

I think McInnes will struggle to get a job in England at the level he thinks he should. His recent track record is Finishing 4th in Scotland with the 3rd biggest budget and failing to win any trophies. Doubt that will appeal to many clubs. Especially when you add in the "pragmatic" brand of football he chooses to play. 

I'm not sure who I'd like. A young coach with an experienced guy as DoF would be how I think a club should be structured. DoF taking a long term view and ensuring recruitment fits with how we want the team to play and that we're focussing sufficiently on player development. 
A tactically astute coach improving players and managing the side. 

As painful viewing as it would be I was looking to register for Celtic PPV tomorrow - Didn't realise that they don't offer this service for away / non ST fans

Reason being the cost would have to be £30 per match, in line their 'Pass to Paradise' scheme, as it would be unfair to those ST holders who have paid £600 for the privilege 

Surely all clubs will have a similar dilemma, in that the PPV cost might / will be less per match than their (Higher) ST price?

1 minute ago, Redz said:

As painful viewing as it would be I was looking to register for Celtic PPV tomorrow - Didn't realise that they don't offer this service for away / non ST fans

Reason being the cost would have to be £30 per match, in line their 'Pass to Paradise' scheme, as it would be unfair to those ST holders who have paid £600 for the privilege 

Surely all clubs will have a similar dilemma, in that the PPV cost might / will be less per match than their (Higher) ST price?

I just use hesgoal Redz. It works fine.

Just now, Rolling hIlls said:

I just use hesgoal Redz. It works fine.

Dont get me wrong I would happily pay for a match against Aberdeen St Johnstone etc to help the clubs.  But I have tried and to no avail.  I am sure Rangers and Celtic supporters would happily dip in to their pockets to help the other clubs.  

10 minutes ago, Redz said:

Reason being the cost would have to be £30 per match, in line their 'Pass to Paradise' scheme, as it would be unfair to those ST holders who have paid £600 for the privilege.

That sounds like something from an Al Qaeda video. 

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I think McInnes will struggle to get a job in England at the level he thinks he should. His recent track record is Finishing 4th in Scotland with the 3rd biggest budget and failing to win any trophies. Doubt that will appeal to many clubs. Especially when you add in the "pragmatic" brand of football he chooses to play. 

I'm not sure who I'd like. A young coach with an experienced guy as DoF would be how I think a club should be structured. DoF taking a long term view and ensuring recruitment fits with how we want the team to play and that we're focussing sufficiently on player development. 
A tactically astute coach improving players and managing the side. 

I read an article by Gerrard this morning about the first team coach he has at Ibrox and he said it would take himself 20 years to be as good a coach as him.  Mike somebody.  So you are correct.  A young manager with a coach with plenty of experience.  As much as I would hate it I think Steve Clarke has a lot to give at club level.  Aberdeen should push the boat out to get him, as should Celtic.  Scotland could still have him and Strachan as part time.  Might sound daft but outside the box thinking sometimes works.

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I read an article by Gerrard this morning about the first team coach he has at Ibrox and he said it would take himself 20 years to be as good a coach as him.  Mike somebody.  So you are correct.  A young manager with a coach with plenty of experience.  As much as I would hate it I think Steve Clarke has a lot to give at club level.  Aberdeen should push the boat out to get him, as should Celtic.  Scotland could still have him and Strachan as part time.  Might sound daft but outside the box thinking sometimes works.

Yeah. From what I've read Michael Beale and Tom Culshaw play a huge part in Rangers' success. Gerrard very much the public face of a management team.

Knowing when someone is smarter than you and having the humility to know when you should listen to them is something Gerrard is clearly adept at. 

Ive never understood the logic behind saying things like X club havent even had a penalty given against them as if that points to some kind of luck or bias.

Logic would dictate that teams doing well and dominating possession will conceede less pens because the opposition arent in their box very often.

I watched some of the Rangers game at the weekend. I cant remember an oppositon player even touching the ball in the box so obviously it follows that its unlikely they will conceede a pen.

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Yeah. From what I've read Michael Beale and Tom Culshaw play a huge part in Rangers' success. Gerrard very much the public face of a management team.

Knowing when someone is smarter than you and having the humility to know when you should listen to them is something Gerrard is clearly adept at. 

If Aberdeen could do that then there is no reason that they cant compete.  For some blind reason I still think McIness could do it if he had the right men at the back of him.  There must be some coaches out there who could help him.  I am friendly now with the first team coach at St Johnstone as I coach his laddie (up until lockdown).  But he is still learning as well but he will go on to great things because he listens and learns.  And St Johnstone will benefit from his experience as a player.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Rangers have been a bit less formidable recently, you could look at it as them taking their foot off the gas slightly, or wonder if Celtic had managed to put any sort of pressure on them could they have collapsed like previous seasons?

I have to reluctantly admit Gerrard is doing a great job, and you can see genuine progress, but I’d like to have seen if they would have coped if Celtic had managed to close the gap.

4 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Rangers have been a bit less formidable recently, you could look at it as them taking their foot off the gas slightly, or wonder if Celtic had managed to put any sort of pressure on them could they have collapsed like previous seasons?

I have to reluctantly admit Gerrard is doing a great job, and you can see genuine progress, but I’d like to have seen if they would have coped if Celtic had managed to close the gap.

He is doing a great job and will go to Liverpool at some point.  He reminds me of Ferguson, McLean etc.  He has a presence.  Just hope Rangers can hold on to him for a couple of years.  But he certainly has it.

7 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

If Aberdeen could do that then there is no reason that they cant compete.  For some blind reason I still think McIness could do it if he had the right men at the back of him.  There must be some coaches out there who could help him.  I am friendly now with the first team coach at St Johnstone as I coach his laddie (up until lockdown).  But he is still learning as well but he will go on to great things because he listens and learns.  And St Johnstone will benefit from his experience as a player.

McInnes doesn't think he needs to listen to anyone. That's clear. If he did, we'd not have suffered a turgid style of play for 3 years now. 

I can't see any way back for him tbh. Only his fat contract and the cost of paying him off is keeping him in a job. 

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

He's doing a great job now, I agree. He done a great job in Europe last season too. Without that European run last season, he may not even have seen this season though. The performances of his side in domestic cups has been pretty pathetic though. 

I'm sure he and his backroom team have learned a lot from whatever huge failures caused them to collapse last season. That's to their credit. As you say, we'll never know how they'd have coped under serious pressure but I don't think that's something that we can hold against them. 

What's your early impressions of how Graham Alexander will do? 

2 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

He is doing a great job and will go to Liverpool at some point.  He reminds me of Ferguson, McLean etc.  He has a presence.  Just hope Rangers can hold on to him for a couple of years.  But he certainly has it.

He's not even won a cup and you're comparing him to Fergie... 

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Definitely been an upturn in form since he came in, but the 1st half on Saturday was as bad as anything under Robinson. Given the early red card etc. we did improve in the second half, but we still look like we have guys who are sleepwalking through games and take a rocket to waken them up. There’s probably 5 or 6 1st team players I’d keep in the summer and most of them will likely be off (Gallagher, Campbell, Kelly and O’Donnell).

Accies for whatever reason seem to do really well against us. It’s maybe because it means more to them? 😜

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Watched all of the games he's been in charge. I'm very pessimistic but that's not unusual for me. We were utterly garbage versus Dundee Utd and Killie but got the ponts. The Hamilton scoreline was always coming. Think Paul Scholes sacked him from Salford because of his style of football. I know its early in his reign but I kinda get that statement already. Can't see us getting anything from our next 3 games. Hope I'm completely wrong tho. 

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Definitely been an upturn in form since he came in, but the 1st half on Saturday was as bad as anything under Robinson. Given the early red card etc. we did improve in the second half, but we still look like we have guys who are sleepwalking through games and take a rocket to waken them up. There’s probably 5 or 6 1st team players I’d keep in the summer and most of them will likely be off (Gallagher, Campbell, Kelly and O’Donnell).

Accies for whatever reason seem to do really well against us. It’s maybe because it means more to them? 😜

I take it you didn't see the Kilmarnock game. Would have made your eyes bleed. 

2 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

There is a  Celtic FC thread ya wallopers, if this insistent behavior of posting non Celtic posts, and using this thread for your own amusement continues, I may have another meltdown, so be respectful and operate in the proper lanes ya pack a bastards..😉

Ramy you’ll have a meltdown anyhow, it’s in your DNA (disturbed North American) 😜