Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 17 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

4 minutes ago, fringo said:

Enjoying the Villa game and McGinn seems to have settled straight into the side and looking decent.

Honestly think that’s a massive understatement Fringo. Thinks he’s looked outstanding. Villa look really good and McGinn and Grealish are absolutely running the show. McGinn looking really incisive. Tackling hard and his passing has been superb.

That’s me obviously cursed him for the second half! 

10 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Bannan scores with a screamer of a volley for Sheffield Wednesday. 

19 year old forward Fraser Preston started for the first time for Sheff Wed in this game. He's one that might be worth watching this season.   

12 hours ago, Marky said:

Honestly think that’s a massive understatement Fringo. Thinks he’s looked outstanding. Villa look really good and McGinn and Grealish are absolutely running the show. McGinn looking really incisive. Tackling hard and his passing has been superb.

That’s me obviously cursed him for the second half! 

Agreed, he strolled that game and I can't ever remember him giving the ball away.

18 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Good to read from a Scotland pov. Frustrating from a Celtic pov, although he probably wouldn't have walked straight into the team like he has at Villa. 

Early days but it looks like he's made the right move. 

6 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Good to read from a Scotland pov. Frustrating from a Celtic pov, although he probably wouldn't have walked straight into the team like he has at Villa. 

I stand by my initial description of him being like a cross between John Collins and Roy Aitken. 

8 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Given the level of performance Brown has been putting in, then I don't think it would be long until he was in the team.

I'm glad he never signed for Celtic anyway, more chance of him getting picked up by an EPL side at Villa.

18 hours ago, Kirk said:

None of the Celtic players any good tonight, Forrest really is dire, Gordon really canny kick the ball

Forrest was decent for Celtic last night. He shot wildly wide near the end but early on he looked really dangerous. Seems to have perfected his crossing now too - hung a few nicely in the air which the other players unfortunately failed to capitalise on. Also had a really neat take down and drilled shot.

1 hour ago, Rude Gullit said:

Forrest was decent for Celtic last night. He shot wildly wide near the end but early on he looked really dangerous. Seems to have perfected his crossing now too - hung a few nicely in the air which the other players unfortunately failed to capitalise on. Also had a really neat take down and drilled shot.

No point talking to Kirky about Forrest. I think James must have rattled his wife or something.  

3 hours ago, Rude Gullit said:

No he wasn't 😂 he canny beat a man and certainly canny cross, not consistently anyway.

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

No point talking to Kirky about Forrest. I think James must have rattled his wife or something.  

Im no married so it's not that, I honestly don't know one person who rates him. 

Harper starting up front for Malaga again tonight. Really interested to see how he does this season. 

Burke on the bench yet again. I wish West Brom would just give him a chance in the championship. There's no-one brilliant keeping him out of that team. 

38 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Harper starting up front for Malaga again tonight. Really interested to see how he does this season. 

Burke on the bench yet again. I wish West Brom would just give him a chance in the championship. There's no-one brilliant keeping him out of that team. 

Just remember Robertson wasn't getting a game for Liverpool this time last season and ended up in a Champions League final. Burke will get a chance at some point and it will be up to him to take it. 

1 minute ago, PASTA Mick said:

Just remember Robertson wasn't getting a game for Liverpool this time last season and ended up in a Champions League final. Burke will get a chance at some point and it will be up to him to take it. 

Yeah man, I remember this exact feeling at the start of last season looking at the Liverpool team sheet and not even seeing Robertson on the bench. 

I hope Burke can take his chance the same way when he gets it! 

2 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

Yeah man, I remember this exact feeling at the start of last season looking at the Liverpool team sheet and not even seeing Robertson on the bench. 

I hope Burke can take his chance the same way when he gets it! 

Crazy he's not even getting on as a sub tho

2 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Not getting a game at Liverpool in the top half of the EPL is alot different to not getting a game for west brom in the championship. Burke didn't get much game time last season as well. It is a bit worrying that he isn't playing, I would prefer if he went somewhere where he will get played every week. He's 21 now and needs first team football.

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Not getting a game at Liverpool in the top half of the EPL is alot different to not getting a game for west brom in the championship. Burke didn't get much game time last season as well. It is a bit worrying that he isn't playing, I would prefer if he went somewhere where he will get played every week. He's 21 now and needs first team football.

When does the English loan window end? If it's still open I could see him going to the old firm or even Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs