Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 19 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

16 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

He could do but I think Griffiths deserves to keep his place.  For now anyway. 

It’s a tough one as he isn’t first choice at Celtic but he’s getting enough game time at the moment to start against Albania. Just. 

Whether I’ll still think that when the Israel game comes around I don’t know. 

He is getting some game time now to be fair

As soon as edouard fit will be bench warming again

I still think mcburnie is looking sharper in any case

Did during the week v Leeds anyway

Edited by Bino's

3 hours ago, bigfingers said:

Most of the Celtic players are off form which is quite worrying for scotland. 

It's not ideal, but then again I always felt that relying on Celtic's dominant form was a very fragile basis for the national team. I'd much rather we unearthed a modus operandi that allowed us to play well or at least solidly irrespective of the form of any one particular club. 

6 minutes ago, Rude Gullit said:

It's not ideal, but then again I always felt that relying on Celtic's dominant form was a very fragile basis for the national team. I'd much rather we unearthed a modus operandi that allowed us to play well or at least solidly irrespective of the form of any one particular club. 

We really should be able to pick a team capable of putting your Israel's away from the 28 or whatever it is English championship players

5 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

He’s much bigger physically and has been playing at a good standard. He cruised it here when he was a skelf and he’s stronger, faster and more experienced now. Just wait and see. 

Hope so, but I am not optimistic.

1 hour ago, Bino's said:

He is getting some game time now to be fair

As soon as edouard fit will be bench warming again

I still think mcburnie is looking sharper in any case

Did during the week v Leeds anyway

The longer Celtic stay in Europe the more he’ll play so hopefully Celtic get through to the group stage in Thursday.

I haven’t seen much of McBurnie this season. If he’s playing well and gets the nod ahead of Griffiths then fair enough but I would play Griffiths against Albania if it was up to me.

15 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Bates played the full 90 minutes in Hamburg's 3-0 win. Be interesting to hear how he played after a really difficult debut.

8.1 rating on who scored .com made him second best player on the pitch,the best scored 2 goals and had an assist!

Decent enough 7.3 in previous game too after his debut.

All a matter of how good the second tier of German football is really. 

10 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Bates played the full 90 minutes in Hamburg's 3-0 win. Be interesting to hear how he played after a really difficult debut.

9 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

8.1 rating on who scored .com made him second best player on the pitch,the best scored 2 goals and had an assist!

Decent enough 7.3 in previous game too after his debut.

All a matter of how good the second tier of German football is really. 

Was speaking to a Irish football reporter who covers German football, and especially Hamburg, and said he had a nightmare league debut, and even in HSV 3-0 win over Sandhausen he looked very suspect, but Hamburg seem to have got into their stride now and probably going to be hard to judge him as they steamroll past teams, but the Hamburg manager does seem to go out of his way to praise Bates a lot of the time.

Edited by wanderer

5 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Fraser Preston also starting in that match. 

Yeah noticed that too, never heard his name mentioned before. 

According to Alan McInally on Sky Sports, Watt was one of Wolves best players before he was taken off. Only 18 years old as well.

13 minutes ago, Rab The Crab said:

Got 90 mins up front. Moore has said that’s where he sees his future. Looks like he’ll be waiting for someone to get injured/lose form before he gets a chance.

Didn't the RB Leipzig manager say his intention when buying him was to move him to a number 10?

Just hope he takes his chance. At the Toulon tournament he showed composure and skill you'd expect from a player who costs over £10million.

3 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Hardly any first team choices play in this cup, even Fleetwood made 11 changes!!

Would be interesting to know what position he played though.

He’s played in epl matches too. Fraser is highly rated at Bournemouth.

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

He's had a brilliant start to the season that's why 'I am surprised he played, every one rests their players for this even Fleetwood!

Fleetwood are managed by a mutant who has a high opinion of himself. They’re a league one side, they should be looking at a match against an epl side as an opportunity and a chance to test themselves.